Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 91

Author Topic: XMAS 2014 GIVEAWAY - 25 Days of Scandinavian Heavy Metal Carols  (Read 152664 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: XMAS 2014 GIVEAWAY - 25 Days of Brutal & Relentless Puns
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2014, 08:32:06 pm »

Marked as first come first served.  Do let me know when it finds a home.

On that note: Does the Giveaway stretch onto January 1/December 31?
The giveaway lasts until the the games run out.  Right now, the schedule tapers off sharply after the 26th...  I expect we'll get a few more donations once Steam's winter sale starts (on the 17th or 18th is the best guess), but those will have to draw after Xmas Day, to give people time to sign up.

Signed up!

(results!)
Huzzah!  Updated.

(more results!)
Huzzah!  Updated.

Added, but webadict has been missing in action for a few days... he'll make it back around, just don't know when.

Added!

Added!

(even more results!)
Huzzah!  Updated.

Done!

(moar results!)
Added!
Huzzah! Updated.  Let me know when 7th Guest finds a home.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2014, 08:57:29 pm »

Gave away Torchlight this afternoon.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 10, 2014, 09:06:07 pm »

Gave away Torchlight this afternoon.
Huzzah!  To whom did it go?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 10, 2014, 09:14:28 pm »

Add: Guns of Icarus.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 10, 2014, 09:18:10 pm »

Are we done playing backseat moderators yet, or is there a good reason that people are perpetuating the drama from days ago after the parties involved have apparently let it drop?

Can we let the giveaway thread be for giveaways, please?
What would be really best if the problem was poked at its root--other than treating the effort with :-\ a bit of recommunications could be done--like a PM, given its current state as it is, now. Stress hit both sides, or one more than the other...and it bloomed into this.
Whatever 'drama' there is, is a serious case, by the way. It's nothing to be denounced, but the tension between the situation would be something to learn from. :'( Other than asserting an idea--which may be construed as a threat (due to it sounding like not being taken seriously), knowing one side, it'd be best to talk this down instead of inserting manners or degrees of seriousness to the case.
Because it is, fully serious.
A bit less aggression (or any wordings that moved towards a stimulus of aggression) was all I asked ._.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #605 on: December 10, 2014, 10:03:06 pm »

Please add me to Guns of Icarus.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2014, 11:25:06 pm »

Torchlight went to me

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 11, 2014, 12:21:34 am »

I'm gonna get this out, up front:  Running this giveaway is a job.  Everything else about my position on recent events follow that.

Everyone must understand that when you post here, you're bringing me work.  I'm not looking for sympathy; I volunteered for this insanity... but that doesn't change that it really _is_ work.  In order to keep things flowing and make sure people have searchable data in case something goes wrong, I try to keep all basic communication in the thread.  I generally reserve PMs for pre-working large donation lists, nudges for tardy draws, and other minor person-specific inquiries.  I quote everything I process, partly as error correction routine, and partly to make it easily searchable.  Random chatter and thank yous don't trigger any work in the OP, so they don't get quoted.

If anyone wants to think I am a tyrant for trying to make sure my job runs smoothly...  if it makes them feel better, go for it, I guess.  If I was really that strict, about three quarters of all the entrants would've had to make two attempts (or more) at initial sign-up.  That would be a huge pain in the ass; that's why I don't do it.

So...  no, not a tyrant.

Returning to the matter at hand:

A donation offer was made in the middle of a confusing discussion.  There was no indicator to humour, but the timing was poor; with much of the confusion around where the "two"s were, it seemed very plausible that the offer was deadpan sarcasm.  That's why I asked for confirmation.  100% serious, no joking at all, request for confirmation.

After that, I literally forgot about it.  Data processed; it's not data again until I get a reply.... which never actually happened.  The implicit conclusion is that the offer was, in fact, deadpan sarcasm (even though I didn't consciously think about it).

Fast forward a week.  An attempt is made to sign up for donator-only gifts and denied, based on searching the OP for the entrant's name and finding no donations.  I interpreted the "add me to all those things!" wording as ignorance of the rules, and I wasn't particularly nice in my choice of words.  My follow up regarding the inquiry-that-was-never-replied did not achieve nice either, but was not attempting to be "shaming" or anything similar.  It was a dry accounting of what happened, as it relates to the dry business of administrating the giveaway.

Then other folks involved themselves, and things got messy.

I'm not going to split hairs over all that was conflated in the aftermath, as it serves no purpose.  I am not going to hold a grudge over any of it, but I will also not be making any apologies for doing my job.

If anyone feels I'm being hostile to them, they need to take the initiative and PM me, civilly addressing the matter.  I don't go out of my way to irritate people, but my sense of humour will disappear quickly if you bring the hostility to me, or if you make my job messy.  I will continue to use public posts and PMs as outlined above.

Effectively immediately, anyone attempting to backseat moderate will get themselves nuked out of the giveaway, no warnings given beyond this one.
Don't try to do my job for me.

Couldn't Vector re-donate her game, then sign up for the donators-only thingy?
If there was more interest for the title, yes... but there isn't.  We already have 3 copies, and only 2 people interested.
I need to stand by my previous statement about refusing low-interest offerings.  :/
Vector is certainly welcome to donate another title to get her donator's badge, however.  :)

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...
While your interpretation isn't _wrong_...  it's really not helping.  I'd appreciate it if you'd expunge it.

Aristabulus: If you're having trouble keeping up to date with the giveaway due to personal issues, I'm more than willing to take over if you'd like.
I'm doing fine on keeping up with the data flow...  thank you for the offer, though.

Are we done playing backseat moderators yet, or is there a good reason that people are perpetuating the drama from days ago after the parties involved have apparently let it drop?
Oh yes, we are _definitely_ done playing backseat moderators, and I am definitely done talking about it.  ^___^

-------

Added!

Added!

Torchlight went to me
Huzzah!

-------

Looks like I'm last guy to draw today...  Cargo Commander!

Ukrainian Ranger wins!  Huzzah!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:07 am »

All I'm trying to say, is you can say what you need to say (your position is perfectly justified) without being catty about it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 11, 2014, 01:29:17 am »

Quote from: aristabulus

[/spoiler
There were 2 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Ukrainian Ranger
    10ebbor10

Timestamp: 2014-12-11 05:06:13 UTC
[/spoiler]

I noticied that this game doesn't work on Windows XP and I'll not get back to my Windows 7 machine for few next months at the very least, so I ask to transfer  the game to 10ebbor10
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 11, 2014, 01:36:54 am »

I would like to claim The 7th Guest

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:49 am »

Quote from: aristabulus

I noticied that this game doesn't work on Windows XP and I'll not get back to my Windows 7 machine for few next months at the very least, so I ask to transfer  the game to 10ebbor10
So be it!  Ukrainian Ranger retires in favour of 10ebbor10!
Updated!

I would like to claim The 7th Guest
Noted!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 11, 2014, 01:56:30 am »

Could you add me to:
Papers, please
Terraria
Tropico 4

Thanks ;3

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 11, 2014, 06:25:15 am »

This is the last time... I hope! I keep missing things in the list :(

I'd like to add Rise of Nations: Extended Edition, Sanctum 2 and the $5 game(s) of choice to my list.

Many, many thanks!

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 91