Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Cannabis Legalization Discussion  (Read 21026 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Marijuana Legalization Discussion: BE CIVIL!
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2014, 10:30:04 pm »

Likewise, it takes increasing amounts of marijuana to make people do increasingly stupid things.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2014, 10:31:53 pm »

Likewise, it takes increasing amounts of marijuana to make people do increasingly stupid things.

But then physiological addiction makes people use more.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:27 pm »

Alcohol is more addictive than marijuana.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:50 pm »

I think we're on LSD now. In response to LSD, I say... Eh? Maybe there could be special centers with 'mind enhancing chambers' where you can get put inside a room filled with lava lamps and padded walls with 60s album covers on them and just trip without finding out you are in the middle of the forest buck naked.
I realize this center I'm talking about probably exists or did exist somewhere in California.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2014, 10:33:38 pm »

Yeah like less than 1

Alcohol is more addictive than marijuana.

Actually given someone on this thread said 9% addiction rate... they are comparable.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2014, 10:33:44 pm »

Except marjuana isn't supposed to be addictive. At least not even close to the addiction level of heroin and cocaine.

I think we're on LSD now. In response to LSD, I say... Eh? Maybe there could be special centers with 'mind enhancing chambers' where you can get put inside a room filled with lava lamps and padded walls with 60s album covers on them and just trip without finding out you are in the middle of the forest buck naked.
I realize this center I'm talking about probably exists or did exist somewhere in California.

No we aren't.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:35:23 pm by smjjames »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2014, 10:34:46 pm »

Except marjuana isn't supposed to be addictive.

Except it is (9% addiction rate per use iirc).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2014, 10:37:21 pm »

Except marjuana isn't supposed to be addictive.

Except it is (9% addiction rate per use iirc).

Saw your post after I posted as I was scrambling to get the post in because of a string of 'warning:new posts'. I edited that to say that it's nowhere near the addiction level of heroin and cocaine.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2014, 11:02:55 pm »

Yeah like less than 1

* LordSlowpoke kicks in door

ONE WHOLE MARIJUANA

seriously though how fucking much is that

5 grams? 125? seven bathtubs?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2014, 11:06:53 pm »

damn it LSP you beat me to it

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2014, 12:42:44 am »

Quote from: lordbucket
Well, some particular anti-marijuana people are also anti-alcohol, anti-tobacco, and anti-recreational-drug in general. IIRC some states still have state-run liquor stores, for example. Regardless,  I don't think "Well why don't you want tobacco banned too?" stands as much of a counter-argument.
Are they anti-KFC chicken (in a legislative sense)? Anti-skydiving? anti-motorcycles? Anti-microwaving things in BPA containers? Anti-walking around outside during thunderstorms?
Yes, it's a fantastic counterargument, because unless you support literally everything more dangerous than marijuana being illegal as well, it is hypocritical, and almost everything is.

(That was my quote) I don't know what their stance is. However, from that argument I take "Marijuana is about as dangerous or less than KFC", and from that I don't think "Banning KFC is crazy, thus banning Marijuana is crazy!" (as I assume is the point of the argument), I think "Well, if Marijuana is really that bad, and KFC is possibly about as bad, maby KFC should be banned too?". Point being if someone is talking about how evil this drug is and how it should be banned, and someone points out they are a hypocrite, that tells me that they are a hypocrite, not that they are wrong.

That being said, I think both are below the "threshold of danger", so I'm fine with them being legalized.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2014, 01:45:39 am »

Well, heart attack is the number one cause of death in USA. And junk food is one of the major reasons it occurs. And in harm and addictiveness (if it was easy to quit gastric bypass wouldn't be a thing) I'd say it's a lot closer to meth than weed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:48:28 am by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2014, 01:57:25 am »

Though, something uniquely insidious about junk food is that it's usually quite a bit cheaper than other food, and people need food to survive. Economically, it might seem like a great way to survive.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2014, 02:35:16 am »

Though, something uniquely insidious about junk food is that it's usually quite a bit cheaper than other food, and people need food to survive. Economically, it might seem like a great way to survive.

As a usually-broke college student with an unusually high metabolism, I can confirm that cheap junk food is the bomb. But oatmeal/spaghetti/apples/rice/peanut butter sandwiches are also cheap, and staple foods.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2014, 03:05:39 am »

Also... I am pretty sure Cannibis has a higher chance of killing you a single time... then eating KFC for lunch.
As far as I know, there has never been a recorded death from overdosing on marijuana. The first time, the 500th, time, the 7th time you smoke it, never.

Even if there have been one or two I don't know about from some people with deathly allergies or whatever bs, heart disease kills like half a million people directly in the U.S. per year, and KFC is responsible for its fair share of those for sure.

So no, KFC is much more dangerous.

Quote from: alexandertnt
maby KFC should be banned too?
Are you suggesting that?
If not, then your musing about how "maybe they are hypocritical but still correct" rings pretty hollow. "Oh yeah, maybe they're right but I'm not gonna be the one to say it"  ::) No, I don't think anybody on this forum thinks seriously that KFC should be banned.

Or any of the host of other even more ridiculous things that are also definitely more dangerous than marijuana. Like not washing your hands before dinner, for example. Should we legislate that? Not "hypothetically might somebody say that we should" Do YOU think we should legislate that?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:09:52 am by GavJ »
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19