Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 48859 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

((Ah. Oregon? From where?

Anyway, I might not have time to roll during the week. So that's unfortunate :C))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:21:19 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

((That's okay. It's finals season for me, got a lot of school stuff to write.))
((Kevak will no longer be within day-trip distance :c))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((From LA CA.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So effectively your governmental system is collapsing because of a number of factors relating to greed and stupidity of those in power."

Nerin responds to the Duke. "I personally recommend finishing up the meeting and evacuating /Fast/. Station is likely to be locked down soon due to what I understand is called an Atmospheric Bloom. And I don't know about you, but I'm not keen to be trapped on a station during an active, violent rebellion with a Class 4 Biomatrix on the loose. Everything appears to be escalating."

Nerin then addresses the scientists."Question you two. What do you think the likelihood of not dying during the bloom with the rebellion mixed with a biomatrix is? The situation does appear to be rapidly escalating."

Nerin pings the team again. "Currently in the process of arranging transport. Notify if you will likely require assistance reaching it when it is available or require assistance reaching the docking ring. Likely ship is the RTS Conquerer. Negotiating with current controller now."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Keep us posted, as they say. Until then, I'll keep trying to access the comm mainframe." He looks at Akatin. "Actually, since it will probably be easier to send a message from the escape craft anyway, should we just begin moving that way?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes. You should endeavor to make your way to the docking ring."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

'Got it.  On a wireless connection so I can move and still be useful.'

Time to pack it in.  Start heading toward the docking ring at a normal pace while keeping the laptop doing its thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Megacity Time: 8:32

Alpha Lobby
Mobs (+1 Stealth)

'Got it.  On a wireless connection so I can move and still be useful.'

Time to pack it in.  Start heading toward the docking ring at a normal pace while keeping the laptop doing its thing.

The path to the docking ring will take you through the lobby. The lobby which is infested by mobs of protesters. You could easily blend in, but you will have to get around the checkpoint you deserted.

Headquarters, Floor 3
Professional Atmosphere (+1 Intellect)

"Keep us posted, as they say. Until then, I'll keep trying to access the comm mainframe." He looks at Akatin. "Actually, since it will probably be easier to send a message from the escape craft anyway, should we just begin moving that way?"

"We could, but I do recall us overhearing a conversation between two current employees planning to break into the comms. Maybe we can wait for them. Oh wait, there they are!"

You hear footsteps coming from a far end of a hall. These white, featureless paths contain little in the way of decorations and plantlife as you saw in the public spaces. The sound resonates clearly through the halls.

"I'd say we should hide, but that might not be possible given the emptiness of these halls. That, and you'll make a sound. I suggest you prepare an introductory speech."

He's right about the halls being empty, but there are alcoves and doorways inset into some walls. Through clever use of corners you could conceal your position.

Maintenance Shafts
Hidden (+1 Stealth)

Quote from: HEN

The blistered man shouts at you, employing liberal use of human expletives and curses.

You mute out the noise to focus on the blob which is now writhing in pain on the restroom floor. Its surface seems to be peeling... and cracking. Plates are formed, then engulfed by fresh material from within. The new material is a bright orange, different from dark teal from before.

Moravia Lab
High Security (-1 Stealth)

Nerin responds to the Duke. "I personally recommend finishing up the meeting and evacuating /Fast/. Station is likely to be locked down soon due to what I understand is called an Atmospheric Bloom. And I don't know about you, but I'm not keen to be trapped on a station during an active, violent rebellion with a Class 4 Biomatrix on the loose. Everything appears to be escalating."

"I have no plants to stay longer than I am required. And yes, the bloom is occurring. Bad time, too. I fear I may be stuck down here if this meeting won't wrap up quickly, but there is nothing I can do."

Nerin then addresses the scientists."Question you two. What do you think the likelihood of not dying during the bloom with the rebellion mixed with a biomatrix is? The situation does appear to be rapidly escalating."

"Eh, I give it a one-to-one. The outbreak seems to be confined to the headquarters ring, for now. If it stays there, the biomatrix won't go offstation. We've contained the breach in the lab, so unless one got through the checkpoints in the chaos we should be good. The rebellion, though... they can't win, but it doesn't seem to be possible to beat them, either. They're at the mercy of the atmosphere regulation systems if it really comes to that. Although if they have a defector from our side then we might be in quite a bit of trouble."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hm.

Are there any other ways around?  Would opening all the doors make a difference?

Can I kill the lights?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To the Duke. "You may want to recommend to the others in your meeting that they call a few squads of guards in. The outbreak does appear to be escalating."

"Mmm.. I'm vaguely reminded of the initial stage of the KX9 revolt. A number of the Gentek researchers became KX9 29's a little bit before the First Cascade happened and several heavily populated worlds were razed during the rampage. I don't think it was originally intended to raze the worlds. We didn't have any 63's or 62's back then to stabilize the population, so the Cascade synced everyone in the groupmind with the strongest emotion present. Cold Seething Rage from two sources. One was the researchers when they first accessed the groupmind and saw all the unpleasant shared recorded memories of the abuse suffered by some strains of KX9 and other was from several heavily sedated KX9 waking up with blood on their minds from what had happened to them prior to sedation. Funny thing is, most of the linked researchers had literally no idea what was going on actually was happening until they linked to the groupmind, and those that did know didn't grasp the extent. They were just making new species and creatures. Occasional mandates from their superiors as well. Pretty sure they're all still alive. Most of them changed their Genelines to Researchform strains if I recall. Probably just going to do science until they run out of things to science or the universe ends. And even after that, there miiiight be a way to avoid that. KX9 don't have a definite lifespan. It's estimated in the ten or so millennia range, but since nobody's lived that long, we have no idea. Very possibly could be longer, and easy enough to extend. Specially since by that time we'll have gone Singularity at least a few more times. Cuuuuurently at S3? Pretty sure a few Shipminds are S3 and most Researchforms are S1 and one Adminform is S2. Next TactiLogiform strain is planned to be an S1. Although metabolism issues are plentiful in the current S1 formats. S1 brains take a lot of energy." "Nerin. Stop rambling out loud."

"Sorry, he tends to ramble when he gets stressed. Most of his Geneline does that, they normally only remember things based on specific mental cues past a certain span of time. A bred in coping mechanism for what they were originally intended for. I'm a touch worried about the triggers he's getting though from the revolt onstation. A number of the things that happened during the First Cascade were... Unpleasant."

Spoiler: KX9 29: (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the situation seems to have gotten out of hand.

Observe the surroundings for any potential threats, then try to exit the situation.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm.

Are there any other ways around?  Would opening all the doors make a difference?

Can I kill the lights?

((Yes, you can kill the lights.

I can't judge whether or not opening the doors would be good or bad, ;) ))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duck into that alcove, then, since there's not really another option (I'll think of something to say in the likely event Atlos gets noticed later)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

'Team, gonna be tricky getting to the docking ring from where we are, but I can kill the lights to help with that.  Everyone not near docking, who wants to meet up with me before lights out?'

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait, why would you switch off the lights?"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31