Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 48883 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"We're probably safer up here, despite appearances. I might not have mentioned but there's a bit of a riot going on down there."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Is it possible to completely cut all local ventilation from the rest of the station? Blobs in the vents."

Nerin and Valrak track the spiderblob via available sensory suites and the Milliwave. Valrak does his best to point out where it is to the guards.

"I told you we should have brought drone units."

"This is Valrak. Majority of Biomatrix contained. Small portion escaped purge and entered ventalation shaft. WARDEN, if possible make your way to the research lab ventilation shafts to coordinate deletion of biohazard."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stuck blocking the exit... could certainly be worse. The calculations are still in my favor. "So Mr. 'Walker,' it seems that even SpaceInc's security is untrustworthy."

Try to get myself unstuck from the door. Watch the 2 for any escape attempt.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"Is it possible to completely cut all local ventilation from the rest of the station? Blobs in the vents."

Nerin and Valrak track the spiderblob via available sensory suites and the Milliwave. Valrak does his best to point out where it is to the guards.

"I told you we should have brought drone units."

"This is Valrak. Majority of Biomatrix contained. Small portion escaped purge and entered ventalation shaft. WARDEN, if possible make your way to the research lab ventilation shafts to coordinate deletion of biohazard."

[1] The blob isn't emitting any of the radio waves from before, and otherwise you have nothing that can see through the metal shafts. You can hear its feet tapping on the inner surface, though, and it hasn't left the lab.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Point out where it is. Have guards shoot at the ceiling. If there's anything that can electrify the vents. Do so.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Point out where it is. Have guards shoot at the ceiling. If there's anything that can electrify the vents. Do so.

"You and electricity!"
"The vents, being metal, would probably be more of a ground than the blob would ever be. We could pump as many volts as we wanted into it and nothing would happen until the walls started melting."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then shoot the bloody ceiling.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 10, 2015, 01:48:22 am »

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Megacity Time: 8:11

Maintenance Worker's Lounge
Quiet (+1 Intellect, -1 Stealth)

Quote from: Toaster

You hear the sound of heavy footsteps approaching from one of the halls.

A team of guards enters, one of them wearing a badge signifying higher rank than the others. He talks.

"Listen up! We currently lack manpower because of the rebellion. We need you to provide support. Here, take these guns..."

You and the two others in the room each receive a heavy plasma rifle.

"The weapon will not fire unless it is pointed at the target of a guard with sufficient clearance. You are to join one guard on patrol and provide discouragement to potential attackers. Fire only if told to. Got it?"

You don't have much of a choice here, so you accept the orders. You haven't packed up your laptop yet, and the others in the room are packing up and heading out already, as are the guards. This means you'll have a few seconds to yourself in the room, which will let you do... nothing.

[3] Well actually, as you get up, you notice that one of the managers forgot his laptop in his seat. Lucky you! You snatch it and head out.

You emerge back in the hall you came from, the one connecting the main lobby to Alpha Complex. The lobby is currently raging with activity, but the hallway is held by a small squad of guards with heavy weaponry. Except, you realize, that the guards mostly consist of maintenance workers like you. As the guard captain leaves, you find yourself behind a squad of eight workers and two actual guards, none of which are actually looking at you.

Headquarters, Floor 3
Professional Atmosphere (+1 Intellect)

"We're probably safer up here, despite appearances. I might not have mentioned but there's a bit of a riot going on down there."

[3] "Fair enough. Now let's run!"

The giant blob behind you approaches surprisingly quickly for a... giant blob. It splits up into several units, which split up and start chasing after civilians. You and Akatin are mostly ignored due to the fishtank and pressure suit, respectively.

A single guard shows up and starts shooting individual blobs with a handgun. The rounds fragment, causing individual bloblets hit to split off into nonmoving fragments. However, there are so many that he is quickly forced to start retreating.

The intercom buzzes to life with a hasty announcement.
"Biohazard alert on headquarters level. Civilian persons should go to tram sections immediately to avoid contamination."

Maintenance Shafts
Hidden (+1 Stealth)

Stuck blocking the exit... could certainly be worse. The calculations are still in my favor. "So Mr. 'Walker,' it seems that even SpaceInc's security is untrustworthy."

Try to get myself unstuck from the door. Watch the 2 for any escape attempt.

[1/2] You remain firmly attached to the door, so you're not going anywhere.

Neither are the suspects, though. The security guard impersonator is going to need medical attention for his burns, and is currently unable to walk. The original suspect is dragging his friend around the corner. Then, you hear the sound of a string of metal beads moving about.

The suspect emerges from the corner with a shower head set on full throttle! He sprays you with water, although it doesn't do anything of course.

Moravia Lab
High Security (-1 Stealth)

Then shoot the bloody ceiling.

[1] The guards train their weapons on the ceiling and open fire, tearing the ventilation system apart and breaching pipe after pipe. Sparks, steam, liquid oxygen, and liquid nitrogen all spew forth from the mess of twisted, scarred, and eviscerated metal.

Despite the carnage, you spot no radio waves, nor any wavelengths characteristic of the blob.

You also hear nothing, to both of your dismay.

((Why doesn't English have a plural 2nd person pronoun? Gah!))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inspect in every spectrum possible. The ruptured pipes should allow light of various spectrums to refract inside them. If located. Have them shoot it. If not. Keep bloody looking and see if there's a way to lockdown the vents.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Bump))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Heads up - I'm at a con this weekend, so it will probably have to wait until Monday before I can do a good post)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well this kind of... died. I'd like to finish it though.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm sorta waiting for you to post.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do organics still believe that myth that robots are weak to water? "Not going to work, I'm afraid. Now then, what would your motive be for infecting the water supply?"

Heat up my laser to try and intimidate the captives. Try to get unstuck again.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm sorta waiting for you to post.))

((Aye, I would not have had much time to do it regardless. If you mean roll for your action, I neglected to do that right away because Toaster's character is in a position to help, although I'm not sure of Toaster still reads this thread.))
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31