Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 48915 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Deuce keeps his voice low for the radio.  'I can probably do one big thing with the various life support systems here without getting locked out.  If something needs to be done, let me know.'
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"Summon help forthwith! There is something in the water!" Atlos calls to the healthy human.

The human, a little confused, replies, "I'm coming to help!" as he approaches the water. Apparently he expects you to go call someone, since you're in a fishtank and all that. You do have manipulators hidden inside compartments, however.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Atlos realizes that human hands would probably be more useful here than limited mechanical manipulators. "Very well, you assist this injured person, and I shall summon help! Don't touch the water!" Atlos uses the phone he purchased earlier to call emergency services.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:56:21 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Atlos realizes that human hands would probably be more useful here than limited mechanical manipulators. color=blue]"Very well, you assist this injured person, and I shall summon help! Don't touch the water!"[/color] Atlos uses the phone he purchased earlier to call emergency services.

You contact the local emergency service number, 492. You would have forgotten it, but it is written almost anywhere an accident could happen, from the elevators to above every doorway. Informed of the biohazard, they send in an ambulance cart to wheel the victim to safety, although intensive hospital care would only be available inside the outer levels of the station.

[2] After hearing a splash, you turn around and look back. The human from the picnic table fell into the water, and is now somewhere under the surface. The original victim is missing.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The original victim is missing due to being wheeled away? I'm not sure from the wording))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The original victim is missing due to being wheeled away? I'm not sure from the wording))

((You heard a splash, and now both are missing. The ambulance golfcart-thing has not arrived yet. My bad.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Something's happening up here," he says over the comms to the others. In his native tongue, he says "Akatin, since you've got my sealed suit, please stand by to jump in and pull the fellow out."
Atlos wheels over to get a closer look.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Uh..." he makes the Rtalis expression equivalent to what humans do when they hesitate.
"There is something going on under there. Bubbles coming up. A little foam, too. There appears to be a source of the bubbles underneath the water."

He shambles back, away from what's happening in the water. Meanwhile, the ambucart arrives. Two paramedics swoop in with a levitating stretcher, which gently hums as it pushes down the grass it floats over.

"Where's the trouble?" asks the first, expecting the problem to be located somewhere else in the room.
"That water doesn't look too healthy. What happened to all the fish?" asks the other.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What about Atlos action to look directly in? Do the bubbles obscure what's going on?))
"The water turned that color, then all the fish stopped moving, and when we look back, they're gone. What's worse, two people have fallen in!"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Okay, back from school. Sorry :P))

((What about Atlos action to look directly in? Do the bubbles obscure what's going on?))
"The water turned that color, then all the fish stopped moving, and when we look back, they're gone. What's worse, two people have fallen in!"

The combination of murky water and excessive foaming makes it impossible to see what is going on below the water, but whatever is happening, it doesn't look good.

Eventually the bubbling stops.

"Hm. It could have been collective stupidity. Humans tend to have lapses of sanity at the worst times." mumbles Akatin over the comms. he seems to have figured out the controls on the suit, which allow him to switch between private comms and the speaker on the suit.

One of the paramedics closes in to try and investigate, but seeing nothing inside, he decides to take an extension cord (that's not plugged in on the other side) from the back of the ambu-cart and unravels it, sticking in one end as a rope.

The result is that someone--or something--pulls on the robe, rather suddenly. The human almost trips, but releases the rope and heads to the other end to wrap it around a shrubbery.

"Can we burn the room remotely? Can't risk the blobs going in the airvents. Also can we call more guards?"

"There is no ventilation inside that chamber. We take disease control fairly seriously."
"We have to."

Dr. Chance thinks for a moment.

"I... Don't think we need more guards. The question is how to get those out without killing off our guards. Their suits are protective, but they're not rated for extensive vacuum time. We can't burn the room, but we can depressurize it. The biomatrix can build up a hard shell to contain itself, though, and it would almost certainly outlast our guard's air supplies. They'll be okay in there for a while, though--"

She is interrupted by a loud thud as one of the guards is slammed against the clear polymer barrier.

"A 'while,' here, is subjective, of course. I have no idea what to do for them."
"We could shoot lasers at them. The armor should hold up better than blob matter. We could just dampen the beam if it's too sharp."
"That's a stupid idea."

Valrak does, however, have an electrolaser in his possession. He was allowed to keep it on-hand since the number of armed guards present is more than enough to at least fire on and damage the weapon if not incapacitate a hostile visitor outright.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Atlos rolls over, uses a manipulator to clamp onto the cord, then wheels back.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Would electrifying the room disrupt the blob's neural functions?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Would electrifying the room disrupt the blob's neural functions?"

"How do you propose we do that?"
"Not while those guards are wearing metal armor. Short of a plasma bath, the guards themselves will protect the goop. Electricity works pretty well against it otherwise, but once again we're limited to using plasma weaponry in order to reliably run a current through the stuff."

((Plasma weapons in this verse create charge imbalances when they hit a target, causing arcs to surge through the target temporarily, working much like a taser but deadlier.))

Atlos rolls over, uses a manipulator to clamp onto the cord, then wheels back.

[2] You clamp onto the cord, but it starts pulling right away. Though this time you are heavy enough that you don't get pulled along. Instead of surfacing, however, the humans grabbing the cord from beneath the water seem to be tugging at it repeatedly, jerking it harshly.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Step on the gas," so to speak. "Assistance, please!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Why were the guards dealing with infected only armed with ballistics?"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31