Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 49015 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 9
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2014, 09:19:06 am »

McMarlo popped back up.

"...hack! False alarm folks-probably something I ate. That station food, right?"

Action: Miraculous recovery!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2014, 04:03:09 pm »

((This is not an official roll, we need Dwarmin and HEN, but I don't see a reason to delay things too much.))

Hmmmmm.  Lots of people in there... might make it hard for me to get in.  Time for something more direct.

He caught up with the single person running a tank.

"Hey buddy!  I hear you guys have a pretty sweet job here, and the work's good and pay reasonable.  Any spots open?  Can I give you a hand to see what it's like?"

I forgot bold and got missed.

((Sorry!))

The henchman, formerly mumbling to himself, stares at you partially confused.
"Huh? I just work for life support. It sucks, but the pay is alright I s'pose. Hold the other rail."

This tank is heavy, heavier than water, in fact. It's also really cold, as is the cart's metal handrail. You help the lad haul it into the garage, at which point he tells you to remove the tank from the cart and help him roll it over to the local Atmospheric Regulator's room in order to fill the tanks.

"The regulator's been busted for a couple of day cycles now. Unsurprisingly, nobody did anything to fix it until we got ordered to. If the section hadn't been connected to the other three divisions we'd have lost a lot of people."

Valrak sits back down. "Hmm... Burn it. If it adapts to the host, then it adapted my regeneration. If it comes in contact with other strains, the issue will become exponentially worse. Not even counting all the nasty bits buried in the KX9 geneome, burn it and make sure there isn't even a tiny trace of it left or you'll likely have a class six adaptive bioform infection on your hands rather then the current class three. Also incinerate the tissue samples you took, it's against KX9 protocol to allow standards access to samples of the genome without compensation and oversight of a Researchform. And again, you Really don't want anything assimilating it. It's the equivalent of giving a homicidal AI access to a drone assembly line. Also I'll switch up the nanomachines though, it can't adapt to an alternate form it hasn't seen yet. It would still be able to fuggle the tissue since I wouldn't be able to change that without a KX9 Modlab, but the nanomachines would provide a considerable resistance regardless."

"Anyways. Burn it with acid or whatever works best."

A doctor comes into the room. She holds a tablet and seems to be in some sort of messaging conversation with somebody, but she comments on the situation in response to what you said.

"That is exactly why we are trying to contain it. Somebody let that one loose, and we're trying to find out who did it. He or they also took the vials of experimental antidote solution we synthesized recently, so we really are doomed if it gets out of hand.

We'll be isolating that piece and destroying it after documenting. There's no sense in letting it evolve further, especially since we have already witnessed a security breach."

One of the room workers asks, "You told us to burn the tissue samples? We're still not sure if you're safe altogether."
"Indeed, we can't let you go back into the station until you're fully cleared. Sorry about that. After we finish lab testing, we'll burn the samples if you wish."

Atlos searches for any academic institutions present on the station. It was a corporate station, so he surmised that it was likely to only go as far as R&D centers or perhaps even a tech school, but he was unsure of human academic systems.

The station has four rhomboid complexes, each taking the form of a city with industrial, commercial, and residential centers. There is a corporate-funded university campus in each, with available degrees mainly in business, engineering, and exobiology.

The station also has an official R&D complex where confidential projects are worked on. This is separate from Ulysses University in order to keep SpaceInc's business plans and inventions private. It is located rather close, just after the official SpaceInc store which is located in its own sector rather than one of the complexes or mall divisions.

The megacity's sprawl is most impressive, although your own race tends to build habitats differently from humans. Humans only require a dry atmosphere with sufficient oxygen and enough inert gas to minimize fire hazard. This station is held at 65 Pa, with an atmosphere of roughly 43% Oxygen and the rest nitrogen. The engineering requirements of an aquatic station are much greater, on the other hand.

McMarlo popped back up.

"...hack! False alarm folks-probably something I ate. That station food, right?"

Action: Miraculous recovery!

The broker seems rather confused.
[4] "You... you... you what?"
The blob person removes a phone from inside its body, then emits small tendrils with which to tap the screen and write out a message. It seems the blob person is contacting the authorities.

"Well... who's next?"
The blob continues to type out a message, while the fish in a pressure suit raises a tentacle.
"Alright, come with me to my office."

The creature slithers its mechanical tentacles along the ground, moving into the hallway with the broker.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2014, 04:08:24 pm »

Deuce nodded.  Interesting.  "Sucks if they won't help you guys.  Is it back up and running yet?  If no, when's it supposed to be done?"

Keep talking and helping.  Stall leaving if he heads out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2014, 04:17:27 pm »

"I'm find with sitting around till you finish. Not much else going on. Could use some food though. Regeneration takes a lot of energy."

And by burn, I mean do something to eradicate cellular structure and DNA, as well as format records of the gene structure. Standard KX9 protocol. Should a tissue sample be retained post discharge or records of the genetic structure, and a KX9 discovers it at some point in the future, you'll end up with a fleet worth of Purgecore breathing down your necks. KX9 have no sympathy for megacorps after what GeneTek did and it's wise not to provoke the Purgers. I don't really care what you do with that blob thing as long as you erradicate it at some point after you finish documenting."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:13 pm »

"I'm find with sitting around till you finish. Not much else going on. Could use some food though. Regeneration takes a lot of energy."

And by burn, I mean do something to eradicate cellular structure and DNA, as well as format records of the gene structure. Standard KX9 protocol. Should a tissue sample be retained post discharge or records of the genetic structure, and a KX9 discovers it at some point in the future, you'll end up with a fleet worth of Purgecore breathing down your necks. KX9 have no sympathy for megacorps after what GeneTek did and it's wise not to provoke the Purgers. I don't really care what you do with that blob thing as long as you erradicate it at some point after you finish documenting."

The doctor chuckles.

"We'll note your threat."

((Nerin is pretty free to do whatever, by the way.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2014, 05:15:37 pm »

This place is... intriguing.

Stealthily wander away from Atlos while observing the surroundings.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2014, 09:21:41 am »

McMarlo began sliding over to the blob-man, real stealthy like.

"Hey, are you a real Glorb? I've never seen one of you before. Is it true the inside of your suit is made of nitro-hydrogen jelly?"

Action: Chat up the blob! Spy on the message!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll 10
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2014, 07:59:27 pm »

Moravia Orbital Colony, Ulysses | 237d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Moravia Lobby Alpha, Floor 3
Heated Combat! (All initiative rolls default to a [1].)

Megacity Time: 6:20

Deuce nodded.  Interesting.  "Sucks if they won't help you guys.  Is it back up and running yet?  If no, when's it supposed to be done?"

Keep talking and helping.  Stall leaving if he heads out.

"We got a replacement, but the old one's tanks were try. Nobody realized it was just venting the tanks into the air until we had to refill them three times before schedule."

A group of technicians walks by, glancing at a schematic model of the regulator on a tablet held by one of them. A few of them glance at you, but seeing you helping the worker they don't stop to say anything.

A utility robot wheels by. It looks like it has big, sturdy arms which it could use to move the cart around. Why the station still depends on an archaic manual labor force is beyond your understanding.

The robot in particular seems to be carrying glass vials of some sort of thick fluid in a tray. One of the vials has a noticeable tannish tint to it, which you catch at the last moment before the robot darts around a corner.

Another technician walks by holding a large radiator-like device. He briefly chats with another technician who is just standing around.
"On shift?"
"Nah."
"What are you here for?"
"Picking up some oxygen. You know..."

Yet another technician carries something out of a supply closet. It's a box full of "Door controllers," based on the label.

McMarlo began sliding over to the blob-man, real stealthy like.

"Hey, are you a real Glorb? I've never seen one of you before. Is it true the inside of your suit is made of nitro-hydrogen jelly?"

Action: Chat up the blob! Spy on the message!

The creature doesn't noticeably respond to you, but perhaps that's because it doesn't have eyes. Or a face.

Instead, subtle lights and flashes seem to be going off inside the blob creature's body, visible through its unsuited extremities. Its coat is one large spheroid, with several 'sleeves' through which it can emit pseudopodes. It's hard to believe that it's sapient, maybe it's the fish's pet?

Then you hear a robotic voice.

"No, I am not composed of jelly. My body is mostly composed of water saturated with oxygen. I do not know what this glorb species is."

Meanwhile, you hear the fish conversing with the broker through the glass walls. You also see them talking, and the broker is making all these weird hand motions, clapping and pointing places. The glass walls are a really questionable design choice, to be honest.

"You see, your shipment is just more of the same stuff. Supply and demand, you know? Here we depend on food imports to spice up our diet, not to meet the bare essentials."
"But humans don't like eating algae. Surely anything is better!"
"True, but that's because we have standards. Aetolian Tuna just doesn't meet the standards for the subsidies we have set up. Try Zeonian Lobsters or something exotic and edible."

This place is... intriguing.

Stealthily wander away from Atlos while observing the surroundings.

[5] In the store with Atlos, you find little that is not normally present at a store. A booth where a young human male advertises the local merchandise, suited hunchbacked non-humans laughing with each other, and a single, fat entertainer taking selfies of himself in front of women.

Outside the store, there is just a bit more action. A human (exhibiting signs of decompression sickness) is being rushed across the mall in a levitating stretcher (presumably held up by magnetic forces).

Additionally, a trio of SpaceInc employees (identified by the black and yellow uniforms) are discussing matters with a single individual dressed in a zebra striped robe and a gas mask. You turn up your audio receptors.

SpaceInc Employee 1: "Do you have intel on the targets?"
Stranger: "Lives are at stake. We don't have much, but we know what they are and how they work. The robe I'm wearing is designed specifically to throw off target recognition systems. Robots are pretty vulnerable to that."
SpaceInc Employee 2: "I see, that's smart."
SpaceInc Employee 1: "I believe it might be difficult to convince my superiors. On the other hand, we can bring the rest of your team into the headquarters to discuss it."
Stranger: "That would be great!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - Roll 10
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »

"People didn't notice too much air?  What's up with that?  Where else does it all go?"

Keep talking, keep stalling, keep observing.  Is there a uniform/badge/some sort of ID for the workers in here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 04:02:02 pm »

((Bump for all the peoples))

"People didn't notice too much air?  What's up with that?  Where else does it all go?"

Keep talking, keep stalling, keep observing.  Is there a uniform/badge/some sort of ID for the workers in here?

[1/6] There is, in fact, a name tag that all of the workers are wearing. As you eavesdrop on the guy with the door controllers...

Technician: My friend got nailed a while back for missing his tag, during the last time we had to replace all the door controllers. He had to inspect one of the air pumps but he got locked in the room with it because the door autolocked.
Other Worker: Better get back to my apartment and get it then.
Technician: Manager's here, though it looks like he's about to pick on that guy over there. You should leave now.

...said manager stops you and asks you a question. He wears a starfleet-like uniform that is white with two blue stripes running down vertically.
"Hi there! It looks like you don't have a name tag. You need it while you're on duty. Come along and we'll print you one. What's your name?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »

(I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do now. What with finals, I've lost track of a lot of thoughts on forum games. Suggestions, anyone?)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »

Valrak sits around and waits. Nerin sits around in the waiting room, taking a lollipop from one of those cup thingies that doctors offices always seem to have that are normally full of lollipops.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 04:43:46 pm »

Crap.

"Dooby Greene.  Actually, I was giving this fellow a hand here; been hoping to get a job here.  You hiring?"

BS my way out of this.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »

(I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do now. What with finals, I've lost track of a lot of thoughts on forum games. Suggestions, anyone?)

((Finals were indeed a pain. The goal is to get into the SpaceInc headquarters, and to do that you might need a contact or two.

Also if you return to the lobby there is a full-on rebellion occurring that everyone conveniently left at the right time. Not sure what you would do about it, but that's one of the things that is happening at the moment.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:34 pm »

Purchase the phone, and leave before WARDEN gets too far.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31