Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition- Hyperbolic Thread Title!  (Read 9875 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Dragon Age: Inquisition- Hyperbolic Thread Title!
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:19 am »

So, after being shocked this was out already, I decided to be the member of my friends to see if this will be good like the first, or terribad like the other thing.

But, since I have to wait for the thing to get to my mailbox, anyone else take the plunge yet? What are your thoughts on it?
HAVE YOU SEEN THE GOAT SIEGE YET?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 08:08:32 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition- Were you expecting it? Its here regardless.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 12:17:46 am »

This is out? FUCK I HAVENT COMPLETED MY 542 PLAYTHROUGHS OF THE FIRST TWO GAMES YET
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 12:27:57 am »

I liked Dragon Age 2 despite its flaws, so perhaps my opinions are null and void to most concerned parties.

I'm really liking it so far. Though because I don't have any sort of dedicated graphics chip I have to run it with basically nothing else going on on my computer, and with most of the settings low. I haven't gotten very far yet.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 01:23:33 am »

You know, I was gonna wait until I could nab a used copy from Gamestop (yes, yes, I know.  My PC is incapable.) but I suck and caved in because I am WEAK.

For games that let you make your character, I mean.  Dragon Age stuff I'm fairly neutral towards, I just want sommat that'll let me make my dude and punch other dudes with my very own custom dude and stuff.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 01:32:06 am »

Currently watching Jesse Cox's playthrough of the first mission thingy. Looks pretty good. I'll probably play the earlier games first and then move onto this one seeing as I'm kinda new to it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 01:44:10 am »

I love it so far, my only warning is that there are 8 romances and only 3 of them are female, you really have almost twice as many romance options if your character is female so I wish I had known that before I started. It's definitely worth it as someone who loved Origins and actually liked DA2 (Though I can't remember any of it really).

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 01:54:08 am »

There's a rumour going on that the DRM used in this can be harmful to your SSD drive. Like it does an insane amount of read/write operations that'll use it up a lot faster than it should. So install to HDD if you do get it.

As far as the game goes, from what I've heard, general consensus is that it's better than DA2, but not as good as DAO. And since I don't consider DAO too high a standard, not that interested in this.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 02:53:21 am »

I got it on release and so far I'm entertained, even though I have several nitpicks:

- There's a bit of an MMO feel to it which I dislike, but it's not a major gripe so far.
- You pretty much have to buy into the whole Inquisition thing which made me give up on my mean Carta-spy Dwarf rather quickly.
- A lot of the dialogue responses doesn't have a "mood" icon so there's a bit of a disconnect if you expected one thing and then say something completely different. My mean Dwarf Rogue ended up sounding like a weepy apologist during the intro which was strange.
- Apparently the game expects you to have watched the trailers and generally followed the hype-train to know the background for the game. At least, not a lot of explanation so far.
- Console inventory/character sheet control is annoying, but not hopeless.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 06:53:40 am »

Uh, I got this on the 360 - I really need to get a current-gen console or fix my PC - and I can't get my Keep world state to show up. Keep and Origin recognize my 360 profile just fine, but when I go to Keep in the menu it says 'To Import a custom world state, log in and visit the Dragon Age Keep at; [site]'. As far as I understand, there should be a prompt to download your Keep world state, which isn't coming up. Help?

EDIT: Oh, shit, nevermind. You import it literally at the start of a new game. I am an idiot. Now onwards!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:00:18 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 06:59:52 am »

This is out? FUCK I HAVENT COMPLETED MY 542 PLAYTHROUGHS OF THE FIRST TWO GAMES YET

Because Dragon Age 1 suffered from boring scaling that sort of turned the game into a chore over time entirely eliminating any real threat an enemy might pose outside a few stand outs that aren't based off of scaling... as well as having typical "Bioware character development" to an almost hilarious degree. Add in that the story is ultimately simple and sandboxes always sort of sap the urgency of your situation on even a narrative level... Plus as you learn the system you just can break the game casually so it poses no threat outside bosses that unfairly ignore the rules the game firmly establishes.

And that is why you havn't played the first game 542 times.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 07:21:32 am »

You're right, that was exaggeration, I've only played it about 15 times, going up on my last one.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 07:43:12 am »

I'd almost suggest people going into Inquisition not play the originals because they are kind of going in their own direction with their own mythology that is sort of only dragon age flavored.

Even the demons which really were just spirits of concepts that were antagonistic towards human, were at their heart neutral... like all spirits. They only somewhat had free will of their own if any at all.

This game feels... thematically removed from the first game is what I am saying. But I should probably play it and decide based off of dialog then just the hour of videos I've seen.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:47:22 am by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 07:49:13 am »

how many dragons are there in the game

I expect hundreds of dragons from a game named "Dragon Age", do not disappoint me.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 08:05:25 am »

I expect hundreds of dragons from a game named "Dragon Age", do not disappoint me.

The series hasn't gotten to the whole "dragons have importance" section yet.

But in the first game there were 5... Depending on your definition. Though if we are being strict 3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 08:09:19 am »

The series hasn't gotten to the whole "dragons have importance" section yet.

But in the first game there were 5... Depending on your definition. Though if we are being strict 3
That's retarded. Just for how long are they planning to milk this series????????
._.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5