Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Yugioh: Apocalypse (IC)  (Read 8884 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Yugioh: Apocalypse (IC)
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2015, 06:53:19 am »

Athena settled down and started watching Jason's duel as well
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2015, 04:59:05 pm »

Jason Thompson

"I use Reinforcement of the Army to bring 1 level four or lower warrior from my deck to my hand.  Arcana Knight Joker, destroy his facedown!"
-
As Renge is destroyed, she comments, "That will end my turn."

Spoiler: Field (click to show/hide)

Observers

Bert gave Ken a companionable pat on the shoulder, with a look of sympathy, then glanced thoughtfully at the other duel, evaluating the game, and commenting idly towards the shopkeep. "Mm... Arcana Knight? I haven't seen that in a very long time, but it's not reliable enough to build a deck around, I'd think... Is the special thing you mentioned to Ken here that interesting? I was thinking I might challenge you myself, I'd like to see more of that Nurse Burn build you have there, but it's always nice to see a deck with a special trick..."

"Interesting thing about the trick. I had been dealing in cards since before the war, and I had never even heard of what is needed for the 'trick' until a rumor three years ago, despite the connections I have. It wasn't until one year ago I even saw one of them. Even then, the person did not know how to perform it. She's the only one I've encountered that has managed to pull it off."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2015, 05:07:34 pm »

Ken looks to Jason, and crosses his arms. "OI! THOMPSON! You and I BOTH know that your deck is a strong one, with a lot of potential! So don't you go losing here, you got that?!"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2015, 05:12:03 pm »

Meriel glanced over at the shopkeeper.  "Oh?  I look forward to seeing it, then."  Her own minor experience with fusion monsters immediately suggested one of two possibilities, but there were plenty more that she knew may exist. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2015, 07:01:00 pm »

Damn it. I need more time. Or maybe a lucky draw. Jason thinks to himself, possible strategies to destroy Arcana Knight Joker running through his mind. "I'll activate Gateway to Dark World to Special Summon Renge in Defense Position, and I'll end my turn." Jason states, returning Renge to the field and ending his turn. If he could get Goldd and have his opponent set a card, or draw Dark Armed Dragon, he could turn this around.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 04:15:17 pm »

"That must be quite a complicated trick. I wonder how likely it-" Bert blinked in surprise, interrupting himself, and glanced over at the old shopkeep. "Oh ho ho, before the war, eh? I suppose you do look the right age. Anyway, I look forward to seeing the trick, if she can manage to get the right cards. Tell me, have you heard the name 'Bert Tobler' before?"
Tsuyoku naritai.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2015, 05:24:55 pm »

Jason Thompson

"Not entirely certain you decided to expend that card on Renge, but okay.  Arcana Knight Joker, destroy Renge again!"
-
As Renge is destroyed, she comments, "I set one face down and end my turn."

Observers

"That must be quite a complicated trick. I wonder how likely it-" Bert blinked in surprise, interrupting himself, and glanced over at the old shopkeep. "Oh ho ho, before the war, eh? I suppose you do look the right age. Anyway, I look forward to seeing the trick, if she can manage to get the right cards. Tell me, have you heard the name 'Bert Tobler' before?"

"Certainly want to stretch my memory, don't you," she replied, chuckling for a few seconds before becoming contemplative.  "I faintly recall hearing a couple rumors about a duelist who might have gone far if not for the war.  Can't quite recall much more.  Most of my memory from around that time is filled up with field manuals and various operations I was sent on."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2015, 09:08:43 pm »

Bert sighed melodramatically, clenching one hand to his chest and raising the other to the heavens. "Ah, the caprice of fame! Alas, my fortunes have turned." He drops the act, chuckling softly. "Oh, it was a long time ago, though, so not like there's much reason to remember me. I've been wandering around, trying to help some of these town defenders learn a few new tricks... hopefully, let them survive some robot attacks."
Tsuyoku naritai.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2015, 09:43:32 pm »

Jason draws his card and chuckles. The Heart of the Cards at work, it seems. Now all he needed to do was pull his strategy off. "It bought me the time I needed." He states, smiling as he plays Dark World Lightning. "I activate Dark World Lightning to destroy your Set card. For it to activate, I discard Ceruli, Guru of Dark World. His effect takes him to your side of the field in defense position, and his secondary effect activates. I discard Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World, which activates both of his effects. I special summon him in Attack Position, and for his secondary effect, I target Arcana Knight Joker and Ceruli, Guru of Dark World for destruction. Then I summon Trance Archfiend in Attack mode." Jason pauses for a moment. If none of this has been interrupted, he moves on to the Battle Phase. "Trance Archfiend, Goldd, and Grapha, attack directly." Jason pauses to watch as his monsters attack. "And that will end my turn."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2015, 10:36:46 pm »

Upon your attempted destruction of the set trap, your opponent says, "I have nothing to lose.  Activate trap, Good Goblin Housekeeping."

She draws a card, then, after careful consideration, she sends a card to the bottom of the deck.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2015, 11:28:37 pm »

Jason sighs. It figured his luck would just tease him with a possible solution, then pull it away at the last moment. Still, if he could draw Dark Armed Dragon, he should be able to turn this around quickly. "Very well. I'll set a card and end my turn." Jason responds, setting Trance Archfiend in Defense mode.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2015, 12:12:57 am »

Jason Thompson

"Arcana Knight Joker, destroy Grapha."
-
As Grapha is destroyed, she comments, "I set two face downs and end my turn."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2015, 02:01:57 am »

"I'll set a face down in the Spell/Trap Zone and set a monster facedown. Then I'll use Grapha's effect to bring him back in Attack mode." Jason says, setting Reckless Greed and Ceruli, then returning Ceruli to his hand to summon Grapha. He then flips Trance Archfiend to attack mode. "I activate Trance Archfiend's effect to discard Ceruli, sending him to your side of the field. And his effect allows me to discard Goldd, Wu-Lord of Darkness. Goldd is Special Summoned and I target Arcana Knight Joker and your facedown monster for his effect." Jason waits to see if she counters him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:15:30 am by Beirus »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2015, 07:19:36 pm »

As the cards are destroyed, she gives you a slight glare, but makes no move besides to send the specified cards to the grave.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2015, 08:56:32 pm »

"I'll move to the Battle Phase. Trance Archfiend, destroy Ceruli. Goldd and Grapha, attack directly."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8