Launch One Interceptor
- 2 (16.7%)
Launch Both Interceptors
- 10 (83.3%)
Don't launch any!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: XCEF IC - In-Base  (Read 8446 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: XCEF IC - In-Base
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2014, 11:50:51 pm »

"...people were incapacitated, yes?"
"They were, yes. Given my limited medical knowledge, the wounds were near the degree of second to third degree burns, though ably treated given our current advances in medicine and field-optimization of such understandings. Funny saying that's true at many times: 'Med-kits fix everything'."

She blinked at Andy's note and returned his grin with a :P.

"I like this place. Silly people as my friends. Always loved the accents, too. Though back to matters, mobility is always best over armor, given our common role in the field and the constant threat of alien invasion.

"Reminds me of War of the Worlds. Though I so wish our local bacterial flora was just as capable..."

A tangent of thought presented itself as Jo thought about brains...

"That reminds me, the aliens looked a lot different when we faced some of them. I recall seeing one (through my scope anyway) which had...purple-like veins along its head. Or something which looked like static and such. It was visible, though."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 11:59:29 pm »

Martzel continued to talk, his accent basically being that of a Spaniard somewhat clumsily adapting an American's English.
"...I suppose I have relied on mobility more than anything else. Hmm... selfishness aside, improving our firepower may in fact be the most effective way to combat the aliens. 'sides, it does directly benefit me even if I'm not much of a gunner, good covering fire is always great. Right, toss me in with the weapon crowd, I suppose."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:12:03 am by Powder Miner »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 12:35:28 am »

Andy smirked.  "Well, I'd be lying if I said I couldn't respect a guy who charges into battle with nothing but a hammer.  You got guts, kid."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2014, 12:57:05 am »

Anton listens quietly. He gestures at Jo with the end of his cigarette. You make a good point about cover, but as a hunter you should know zat ze terrain does not always allow you to stalk your prey! Sometimes you must let ze game flee. But zese are not animals, we do not have ze luxury of letting zem escape. Sometimes we are forced to attack ze enemy in ze open, assault him and kill him face to face, as our friend Martz here so does. Anton shrugs. To be honest, guns or armor, eizer way I do not tend to think it makes much of a difference.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2014, 12:08:11 pm »

With the medics finally done patching his wounds (in some cases entirely replacing chunks of flesh with what appeared to be a cocktail of stem cells and stimulants) Thomas left the infirmary. He was going to see if he could have a word with the engineers or scientists.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2014, 10:48:10 pm »

1200 Hours, February 1st, 2015

"Get the scientists on those weapon fragments we salvaged. We're severely outgunned. And get working on another interceptor." The commander said crisply, and people scurried to obey.

Weapon Fragments is being researched!
An Interceptor is being constructed!

2300 Hours, 3 February, 2015

It's two tense days later a signal is picked up.

"Commander... this signal is larger! much, much larger! D-do we send interceptors?"
The commander gritted their teeth. They'd expected another scout, not a much larger ship!

Regardless, they had to make a decision.

Launch interceptors against Large UFO?
If so, which or both?

----

Spoiler: Base Modules (click to show/hide)

Research

Scientists - 10

Spoiler: Research Available (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Active Research (click to show/hide)

Engineering

Technicians - 10

Spoiler: Projects Available (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Active Manufacturing (click to show/hide)

Aircraft

Hanger space 2/6

Inteceptor One "Crowhood"
-Avalanche Missiles
-Undamaged

Inteceptor Two "Blue Devil"
-Avalanche Missiles
-Undamaged

Spoiler: Stocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Troop Roster (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:23:12 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 10:51:16 pm »

Both! Take that bird outta the sky!

Rohim looked at the notice, then at the next team up for strike. His face paled as he noticed his name was on it, cursing silently. Well, so much for easy pay. He didn't feel good about what was going to go down, considering what happened to strike one.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:03:07 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »

Thomas grit his teeth, visibly sweating. Would interceptors even be capable of bringing down a large contact? And even if they could, the ground team was going to be in serious trouble if the aliens survived the impact- and it certainly seemed like the xenos had no problems with that. A part of Thomas' brain wryly quipped about amazing extraterrestrial seatbelt technology, but it didn't make him any less nervous.

Send both Interceptors!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2014, 10:55:52 pm »

All the ships.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2014, 10:58:39 pm »

Double interceptor suicide mission is go!

Though they should probably just break off if badly damaged.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2014, 11:12:01 pm »

Double interceptor suicide mission is go!

Though they should probably just break off if badly damaged.

Beauth!

Andy's face grew hard when he saw the news.  He knew that regardless of what happened in the sky, he'd be on deck to check it out when it came down.  The ship were tough enough to survive a crash landing, so he'd be seeing combat regardless.

He was ready.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2014, 12:13:50 am »

Martzel sighed to himself ruefully; this was going to be a HELL of a step up frkm his old fare. Hopefully, working with a team, he'd live through it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2014, 12:51:24 am »

All the ships.
((Pff, is just Large Scout [/underestimation]
Also, Ochitaaaaa~ D: Sniper team buddy! No!...[/insidejoke]

Also, Gigla, this is the xth time you misspelled my {character} name in your games that I lost count due to silly overload. xD))

Josephine patted Rohim's shoulder and lifted a thumb at Andrew. "First steps are always a new challenge. Just depends how you'd take it, and in this context, with whom. I suggest you stick with that guy--may be a bit rough around the edges but that's just my first impression of him. Pretty likeable.

"Also memorize your weapon's effective range at heart. As far as I know, at least the aliens have the same weapons limitations as us--they cannot fire as far as a sniper rifle, so the old adage of 'if you can see them, they can see you' applies. Unless you've a height advantage, anyway. Just...take care out there, and don't go Lone Wolf unless you know what you're doing, and even then."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2014, 12:57:31 am »

Taylor sighs, having weighed in on the situation at hand. He only hoped that his work would help the next group... His shoulder still stung as he approached Anton, one of the more social looking members. "Um... Hey. How... uh.... Crap, lemme try again.... Hey, name's Taylor. That op sure was something, huh?" Way to go Taylor now you look like a doofus.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2014, 01:06:03 am »

Anton looked at Taylor and cocked an eyebrow. You're telling me. I've never killed an alien before, you know? He waved at Alex. Hey Callaghan! You see any new ones you tell me, yes? I find zese creatures fascinating even zough I am not cleared to cut zem open.

He shrugs and looks back at Taylor, reaching for his pack again. You are very nervous for a professional, you know? Perhaps I could give you something for zat.. What did you do? Before all zis I mean? He sticks one cigarette in his mouth and offers another to him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5