Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159103 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #1305 on: March 14, 2015, 07:23:34 pm »

Lucrezia gave a tiny shake of her head at Aiesha.
"I-it's alright. I d-don't have much t-to say, really."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 14, 2015, 07:26:23 pm »

Aiesha shuddered at the words 'First Mate'. She still wasn't used to, or enthusiastic about, the responsibility. "I suppose so. Maybe I'll write a letter to my folks, see if they've found any interesting ruins lately."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 14, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »

Fer pinched the bridge of his nose.
:"Can we go an hour without aggressing Amberly about religion?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 14, 2015, 07:35:13 pm »

"Sounds like a plan. Right then, Luc, shall we?"

Cetus headed out of the store after handing the rest of the money to Aiesha, and headed off somewhere quiet with Luc.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 14, 2015, 07:42:23 pm »

Luc followed. They passed by a tiny park - a patch of grass with a few trees and a couple of benches.
"H-how about there?"

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 14, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

Fer pinched the bridge of his nose.
:"Can we go an hour without aggressing Amberly about religion?"

"As I said, this isn't about any single religion, especially not hers. It feels as though she's trying to dismiss the danger this poses to everyone while claiming that Domiria is the source of all the world's ills. And they certainly have made a mockery of Undine's worship, as if it was dogma and not the example she set for hope to rebuild humanity in the aftermath of destruction, but I don't see why she felt the need to attack it in defense of the state that promotes her own religion when this is what I suspect has the potential to be a global tragedy."

"...And you were talking about your own decision, weren't you? I... may have had my head on the wrong topic." She sighs. Ugh, first that thing with Lucrezia and now this. I need to clear my head. Sure, just drop on woman a bombshell of "We're gonna wander on over to Demura's Tomb and resurrect him and the gods are real, 'kay?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:08:08 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 14, 2015, 07:49:00 pm »

"Ah, yes, that looks perfect."

He went and sat down on one of the benches, smiling at the shy girl.

"Right then. This is really nice. So... I guess I came up with this idea because I wanted to make sure that you feel comfortable in our group. If you don't want to talk about whatever's up with you and Stheno, that's fine. I can blab at you about all sorts of stuff, or we can talk about something you want to talk about. It's up to you, alright?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 14, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »

Aiesha thought out loud as she purchased the dagger. "Hmm. That Jess girl should probably have a new weapon too, right? Hmmm. I think she mentioned knowing how to use crossbows..."

Aiesha purchases the Jambiya Dagger for herself, and also buys the Bowgun (placed immediately into Jesseo's inventory because yeah). Give Glenn the Scimitar.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 14, 2015, 08:18:04 pm »

The armoured spearwoman perched herself on the bench and pulled her legs up, wrapping her arms around them. She offered a tiny smile back.

"U-um..."

Now she was there, she didn't know what to say. She felt put on the spot. The Stheno incident was still too embarrassing to talk about.

"I-I had a r-ride on Beryn's wyvern. Stheno a-asked if I e-enjoyed the ride an-and if I was j-jealous of h-him offering others r-rides too, except s-she w-wasn't talking a-about that at all. And t-then she said I looked like I w-wanted to f-f-f-"
Once again, she trailed off, the blush re-emerging. At this rate, she'd look like her spirit animal was a lobster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 14, 2015, 08:22:19 pm »

"... Ah. I think I see where that's going. Some people are... more open about that sort of thing than others. Then there are some more sheltered ones... For instance, someone once thought I was proposing to them just because I tossed them a ring. So... I can see how that would be embarrassing, but you shouldn't worry too much about it, alright? Even if you do have a crush on Beryn, it's nothing to worry about. Alright?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 14, 2015, 08:37:55 pm »

"...even if you do have a crush on Beryn..."

Luc blushed and hid her face behind her knees.

"N-no, t-t-that is..."

She had the feeling attmepting to explain would only make things more awkward and difficult.

"A-alright."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 14, 2015, 08:39:51 pm »

Amberly put a hand on the mage's arm.

: "No no, it's fine." She faced Stheno head on.

: "I won't deny that the worshipers of Undine can have it bad in Alvada. I never believed that anyone should face persecution for what they believe, especially considering how we Alvadians pride ourselves on the freedoms we enjoy in other matters."

: "And believe me, I'm starting to understand exactly the sort of treatment you mean. Ever since leaving the House of Scholars I have had myself and my beliefs belittled by this crew of ne'er-do-wells."

: "I have done my best to be patient, to be understanding. It seems that at least a few of them have some prior grievance with the Church, and I wasn't exactly made a nun willingly myself. I've had my faith tested more than once, I can understand being angry."

: "But really, at this point I think that your anger has blinded you. This privateer crew is primarily made of Undine worshipers, and yet the Alvadian government gives them work. They and you may speak of Undine in public, even in a convent, and no one bats an eye! While I do not doubt that persecution towards Undine worshipers exists, at the moment I see none directed to any of you. Meanwhile, looking at the treatment I'm receiving in my own country I shudder to think how the people of Domiria would react to my presence. As you said, whatever values Undine may have once espoused are are as dead as she is!"

The nun took a few deep breaths to calm herself. It didn't help much. She waved away Stheno's sort-of-apology.

: "No no, by all means blame me for things I have had no influence over. I do not desire a war, but I had hoped that I could speak my mind about such things. Forgive my impertinence." With that, she stomped away into the city.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 14, 2015, 08:40:06 pm »

"So... you don't have a crush on him? I... Right, this is clearly not helping. Topic switch? How about you ask me any question and I have to answer it?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 14, 2015, 08:55:28 pm »

Luc spoke again - the voice seemingly like it should be muffled by her legs.
"When S-Stheno said I w-wanted to f-f-"
Her voice dropped in volume as the blush spread.
"What d-does that actually e-e-entail...?"

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 14, 2015, 09:00:10 pm »

Stheno was prepared to take whatever wrath Amberly threw her way for getting so wrapped up in the consequences this could have that she forgot what she had even asked the nun. That passive-aggressive deflection towards Domiria was far too common, here and back there by the priests towards another convenient scapegoat. She wished she could remain composed about it but under the circumstances that was a tall task.

"Ugh. Fine. Part of that was my fault anyway.

She turns to Fer.

"I'm sorry about causing that. I'll try to apologize to her once I've calmed down."

"But I don't know if I can deal with this right now. Please tell Miss Damiel I was looking for her if she comes out." Stheno breathes in and took a walk around the city. Talking to Elanore when she was this restless, especially after she kept their real purpose hidden, would likely result in another breakdown of composure. She wanted to leave the city and just run back into the wilderness, but she was also expected to stay close, and now she wanted to see where this would lead. So instead she walked it off. Preferably in another direction from Amberly.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 259