Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159108 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #1290 on: March 14, 2015, 06:38:26 pm »

Having perused the local arms merchants, Aiesha frowned. There was some interesting items on offer- But they should probably stock up on magic and staves before weapons. Plus Cetus had the lion's share of the group's money. She set off to the staff shop, finding the priest and Lucrezia within. "Hey Lucrezia, hey Cetus. I thought you might be here."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 14, 2015, 06:40:15 pm »

"Hmm... How about this? After I buy these staffs, you and I go sit somewhere relaxing, talk some? Doesn't need to be about Stheno, just... Taking some time to relax. We can talk about whatever you want, or heck, I can talk and you can listen if that would make you feel better."

Cetus buys two heal staffs, barrier, and slow

"Oh, hey Aiesha. I was just done buying things here. Did you need some money to get stuff?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:42:09 pm by Swordstar »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 14, 2015, 06:45:45 pm »

"Was thinking about it, yeah. I saw a dagger, looked really high quality, and the scimitar I have is a touch unwieldy. I'm thinking I'll hand it off to Glenn, he might use it a bit better than me."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 14, 2015, 06:46:24 pm »

"O-ok-"
With the ring of the shop's door bell, Aiesha entered.

"H-hello."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 14, 2015, 06:47:47 pm »

: "If anyone starts a war over this discovery it would likely be Domiria. They've started plenty of them over the centuries after all."

"Domiria could easily be the first to start a war but it could just as easily never get the chance and be destroyed in another civil war. Especially if Dseleudis gets involved. Having a living god alongside them would encourage the Demurans in the righteousness of their cause like nothing before, and there are plenty of zealous individuals who'd interpret that to be subjugating non-believers unless he ends up being as nice a guy as the religion claims. Which leads me to ask... Why are you helping them try to awaken the Rebel God? Weren't the House of Scholars a religious order dedicated to the rest of the pantheon? The same ones he betrayed?"
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 14, 2015, 06:51:38 pm »

"Hmm, ok. Well, I'm pretty sure the captain would trust you with the money, and I was thinking about heading somewhere quiet and talking some with Luc here, so why don't you take Alicia and let her look at shiny things while you buy weapons? Should distract her enough that she doesn't complain at you like she was complaining about me. ... She's been quiet for a bit... She is still outside, right?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 14, 2015, 06:56:55 pm »

Alicia smiled broadly.

: "Sweetie, I'd take a stud like you sailing any day of the week."

: "But unfortunately I don't mix business with pleasure. That's just asking for trouble. You're gonna have to get your fancy free in other ways pumpkin."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 14, 2015, 06:57:50 pm »

Aiesha sighed heavily, the realization that Alicia was supposed to be here, and was not, overriding her sense of trepidation at being in charge of the group finances. Of course Alicia had run off to gods knew where. That was the thing about Alicia- She liked bending rules more than she was willing to follow them.

"No, I didn't see here when she came in. She probably went off to get drunk or something." Aiesha pinched the bridge of her nose. "Now she's started disobeying direct orders from the captain. Any idea what she isn't going to stoop to?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 14, 2015, 06:59:35 pm »

Luc kept quiet, feeling vaguely uncomfortable hearing the discussion about a fellow crew member.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 14, 2015, 07:01:59 pm »

"Give me the patience of Undine that I might deal with... Right. Maybe she just... found other members of the group. That's a reasonable explanation, right? I think? She'd been yelling at me to hurry up and about priests of Undine and then she went quiet but mumbling, and then quiet... Ugh, ok, hopefully she just... went with others. That's the best hope. I'm not going to waste my time chasing after her though. Better to just... let her do what she wants and get in trouble with the captain if need be. I have the money, so it's not like she can waste it all on alcohol. Hopefully."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 14, 2015, 07:03:12 pm »

The nun winced at the idea of Dseleudis getting involved; she had forgotten about them. Still, she answered the alchemist's question.

: "There isn't as much tension between Alvadians and Demurians as you might imagine. It is true that Demura is considered a rebel...but he is - or was - an Old God, and if he still lives then he is a fountain of knowledge like none other in this world. He would have first-hand knowledge of the other Old Gods and their powers, and if I meet him and live long enough I could return to the House of Scholars and share this knowledge with the rest of humanity.
Besides, I can read the Old Tongue. If we will be traveling to ancient tombs and temples then I am sure that this ability will be of some use."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 14, 2015, 07:06:12 pm »

:"Haha, that makes two of us! I'm well-versed in languages, given that I'm searching for an ancient tome."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 14, 2015, 07:08:26 pm »

"...Of course, she also has the stone. Ugh. I hope she doesn't palm any vulnerary off anyone- If she catches me stealing it from her she's only going to get worse." Aiesha glanced to the side and spotted Lucrezia looking uncomfortable.

"Oh, uh, sorry. Didn't mean to shut you out of the conversation or anything."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 14, 2015, 07:20:26 pm »

The nun winced at the idea of Dseleudis getting involved; she had forgotten about them. Still, she answered the alchemist's question.

: "There isn't as much tension between Alvadians and Demurians as you might imagine. It is true that Demura is considered a rebel...but he is - or was - an Old God, and if he still lives then he is a fountain of knowledge like none other in this world. He would have first-hand knowledge of the other Old Gods and their powers, and if I meet him and live long enough I could return to the House of Scholars and share this knowledge with the rest of humanity.
Besides, I can read the Old Tongue. If we will be traveling to ancient tombs and temples then I am sure that this ability will be of some use."

Stheno sighed and resolved herself as she prepared to deal with Amberly's insistence that life here was rosy for people like her, or at least those who still believed in worship and Undine's divinity. The most she had encountered was rude treatment by one of her customers in the wild after she slipped and inserted a reference to Undine in her conversation with them. It was a lot worse for some more than others.

"You're simplifying the relation too much. Especially without giving regard to how the new information would almost definitely upset the existing balance."

"Yes, things are better than they have been in the past, but there is still widespread mistrust and even persecution in places of Old Alvada. Followers of Undine have had trumped up charges brought up against them and hated because they've committed the supposed crime of worshiping a human rather than whatever the "gods" are supposed to be. I've wandered the wilds and rural communities out here for around two years at this point, it is not universally pleasant for people who find solace in worshiping Undine. I imagine it will be even worse, not just for them, but for everyone whose faith conflicts with the state's, or even lives near another's. And then these petty conflicts promise to easily spiral out of control, with authorities forced to intervene even if they do not themselves find the religious conflict meaningful. I see nothing good coming from this."

"And yes, Demurans would probably find relations more strained with Duo Alvada too." Stheno quickly brought herself back on topic after ending up in a rant about the state of the countryside towards Undine worshipers. Maybe she was bottling it up? She didn't even follow the religion that strongly anymore... how odd.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:27:31 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 14, 2015, 07:22:52 pm »

"Stone? If you mean the orb, I'm pretty sure the captain still has that. She was just lugging around proof that we beat those deserters I think. And yeah, we need to keep her away from vulns... Ugh, ok. There's no sense worrying about it right now though. We'll never find her if she wants to avoid us. Why don't you go buy your equipment and then take some time to relax, alright? You deserve a break, First Mate."
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 259