Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159365 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #735 on: February 12, 2015, 10:56:28 pm »

"Don't hold your breath. I already had a nice long chance to find faith in these gods. I have no interest in going back. "

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 12, 2015, 11:10:10 pm »

: "Then I guess you haven't had to debate about your beliefs to people quite like us then? Atheists and supporters of a different religion, that is."
Though to be fair, its not like we're the usual group that's travelling around, and with a very unusual purpose... Still, I think suddenly I'm going to spend a lot of time away from this religious duo if they continue to bicker like this.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 12, 2015, 11:13:08 pm »

: "No, never. I mean, I knew of people who worshiped different things, or didn't worship at all, but I haven't met any since entering the Temple when I was 10."

She ignored the priest. He was just being over-confrontational, probably because the Old Gods were in fact real.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 13, 2015, 01:52:39 am »

Lucrezia listened in to the talk of gods. She didn't really know what to think of all this. It seemed pretty divine to be able to travel between stars, destroy entire countries at your will.

She leant against Jo and closed her eyes. It had been a long day.

Jesseo was lost in thought with all the discussion about parenting. Her eyes were transfixed at a point in the distant night, far away that left her mind wandering. She had moved away from the talk mostly because while she had a say, she did not want to recall or think deeper about what had happened--though in the many instances of free thinking, she had pondered on the idea: How did it really feel to have Authoritarian parents, when her own were of a free and open-mind, though ever-watchful of her upbringing.

She had a say in this, but she also didn't. The very first thought that had come was to bring up the idea of her own parents in order to assuage the glum atmosphere, but she recalled a shiver in her body as she realized that she would never see them again.

As Lucrezia rested on her shoulder, the Soldier's presence nudged reality back in line. She had also avoided the discussion about the Old Gods primarily because...of her forgetfulness, despite reading a bit on them in Zeekonrik territory. Subconsciously, she brought an arm around Lucrezia and thanked the stars for a friend like her, ever since her loneliness was the only companion around.

"Could I ask a tiny bit here?" she spoke up, "I mean, about the Old Gods and what else was discussed in the Monastery? I only know a bit about Undine given my origin and...I'm just very curious here. And shy. That too."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 13, 2015, 02:03:59 am »

: "Well...according to legend the Old Gods either created us or gave us intelligence - the scriptures vary - but were forced to split the land when the hubris of the ancient humans grew too great and they began to reach for knowledge they were not prepared for. Saddened by what they had done and angry at humanity for for their misdeeds, the Old Gods left, possibly forever. That is when worship of the Old Gods began, both in an attempt to call them back and to beg them for forgiveness.
The strange vision... I believe it was called a "recording"...we saw in the Temple appears to be Demura, the Old God who protested against the decision to split the land and leave, and was punished by being forced to stay here rather than return to the heavens. I'm afraid I do not know much about him; he has his own sect that would probably know more."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 13, 2015, 02:08:10 am »

"Was the origin of the Old Gods discussed? I mean, I did read about them, just that I don't recall (much). Also that recording was real? I...thought it was just me. Um. Yeah.

Taking a second to collect her thoughts, Jesseo raised an eyebrow at a sudden idea.

"So what I mean is...we're trying to find Demura, or any of his followers in these lands due to-...? I got lost a bit after the hundred gold for wages, sorry. I don't recall Ethan saying anything about an orb. Anyway--we're trying to find these Old Gods for...something?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2015, 02:26:58 am »

Amberly thought back to her studies.

: "The Old Gods have been around since around the same time we invented language. I don't recall their origin ever being discussed...but if the recording is to be believed, they came from another world far from our own." The nun looked away, slightly embarrassed. "I'm afraid I didn't pay as much attention to Demura's words as I should have. I was overwhelmed by the power the Old Gods' devices possess, even to this day. It is as if...as if Undine had appeared before your priest right this very moment. A religious experience."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2015, 08:50:13 am »

The evening came and went, and the next morning, the trip back to Di was resumed.

~~Chapter 2x: King of Bandits~~

On the way to Di, the group have learned of a valuable shortcut - instead of having to trudge through the uneven badlands and hills, they could take an easy, sloping path through the mountains, where there's a valley which has it's other end spilling right into Di's sugarcane farms.

Little they knew, that the valley was currently a scene for a tragedy...

"Sir! We killed most of the merchants. The fat one is running away, together with that pretty woman and the wyvern rider."

"Heh heh, order our riders to cathc up with and kill the merchant and the wyvern's rider. Try to not butcher the wyvern itself, though, it's valuable as it is. And make sure the woman is not harmed! As a future King of Bandits, I should get a pretty wife, shouldn't I? Ha ha ha!"

"Sir, yes sir!"

"Splendid. So much good fortune and fat loot in just a week. Army sucks! We should've left years ago."

Meanwhile...

"Nooo, I left so much gold with those bandits! Wyvern guy, it's your fault! You should've carried my bags away, not me!"

Finally...

"According to that peasant, just few minutes more and we will be at the other end. Move it, peop- hey, is that a wyvern I see? Are those people running TOWARD us? Prepare your weapons, these might be bandits."

//Beryn Tannios and Stheno Euryale are in!

~~Player Turn 1~~

Objectives:
Kill all enemies, duh.
Bonus:
Save Gulio's wagon!

Enemies stats' here!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 14, 2015, 09:20:31 am »

"You should be grateful I bothered saving anything of yours."

Beryn was currently mounted, though grounded. Prata was growling low in his throat at the bandits to the east.

"Right then! Looks like we have quite the fight ahead of us. Too bad we'll leave no one alive to spread the word of our heroics. Stheno, how do you want to play this?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 14, 2015, 10:22:59 am »

: "I see a wagon. Bandits don't have wagons, do they?"

: "Wait, that's a small guard. You sure we don't want to rob this guy ourselves? There's so few of them I think we could make a good bit of side cash."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2015, 10:27:06 am »

"Rob one of our countrymen? Alicia I thought you were more ethical."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 14, 2015, 10:29:53 am »

"For the record, I'm against robbing random travelers, Captain." What the hell has gotten into Alicia lately?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 14, 2015, 10:38:23 am »

: "Hey, for the record I'm Domirian. These are your countrymen, not mine. And it's not like we don't rob random people on the high seas. It comes with the territory."

: "At any rate, I'm going to go figure out who the hell they are. To clarify, no killing them unless they start something, right?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 14, 2015, 10:48:11 am »

"..."

"I-if people are in t-trouble, w-we shoudl help them, right?"
6, 12
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2015, 10:50:05 am »

Ethan looked at Alicia.

"Barry, no vulneraries for Alicia for next three days. She is drunk again and babbles nonsense."
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 259