Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159364 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #720 on: February 12, 2015, 05:22:12 pm »

: "Some legends say that Undine was a princess, with all the wealth and power that implies. She had no limitations, but she did impose restrictions on those she subjugated while building her new realm. Considering how quickly those under her rule rebelled after her death, there might more than a few grains of truth to those stories. The Old Gods, should they return, can offer all of humanity true freedom. Undine and her followers are somewhat more limited."

And she was, in fact, rather snug. Perhaps a little too snug. She edged away from the fire's warmth a bit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 12, 2015, 05:26:29 pm »

"Freedom? Or death? Last time they allowed us to worship them and be subjugated under them. Who's to say that this time they won't enslave us all? They clearly have the ability. Or maybe they want this world for their own. All I know is that they are not some kind overlords. They tried to destroy the world last time. Maybe they're back to finish the job."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 12, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »

Lucrezia listened in to the talk of gods. She didn't really know what to think of all this. It seemed pretty divine to be able to travel between stars, destroy entire countries at your will.

She leant against Jo and closed her eyes. It had been a long day.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 12, 2015, 05:35:04 pm »

: "I'm sure that if they had wanted to destroy the world or kill us all, they would have done so last time. As you say, they had the power. The ancient humans tried to reach for the skies before they were prepared, or so the texts say, and the Old Gods had to put a stop to it before we accidentally destroyed ourselves like children poking a bear with a stick. Now that we have shown restraint, and humility, it shows that we are willing to let them teach us properly. I do not believe they are coming to subjugate us, or kill us. They are coming so that we may share the stars with them."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:15 pm »

Elanore shifted, and quietly responded
: "You want me to be friends with the puppet woman? I haven't really spoken to her much, but needing friends.." Elanore stopped in thought. Of course, when the new girl talked about the Old gods offering humanity freedom, she snapped straight out of that, and grumbled. Looking at the two priestly types arguing, she decided to get involved.
: "You talk of the old gods offering freedom, but anything that sets itself up as a religious figure is wrong. Placing yourself above others.. Placing other people above others.. That's just asking for trouble."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 12, 2015, 06:08:57 pm »

"Honestly up until today I thought it was all a crock of shit anyway. Sure there's evidence of superior, lost technology, but not so much for the gods themselves apart from a bunch of old accounts." Aiesha said, sitting just before burning distance at the fire. "I always guessed it was just a way to control people. Kinda weird to have it confirmed that they're real."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 12, 2015, 06:09:58 pm »

Fer sat silent for a bit, poring over his notebook, before suddenly speaking up.
:"I don't usually speak out on matters of religion, but... when the Shattering happened, it was no act of benevolence or mercy. People were massacred, and centuries of knowledge were gone. Ideas, the life's work of the inspired, once-in-a-millenium magnum opuses... destroyed. Rubble. You could labor for hundreds and hundreds of years to reclaim all that was lost, and you still wouldn't have all of it."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2015, 06:45:03 pm »

"It's still a way of controlling people, Aiesha, don't give up on that thought. Just because they're real doesn't meant they're not trying to control us through their power and their so called 'gifts'."

Cetus shook his head, not sure what to think about all these different views.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 12, 2015, 06:52:08 pm »

Amberly hesitated, sensing that prevailing opinion seemed to be against her. She had never been trained in missionary work, as the assumption had been that she would remain at the convent, and this situation had her momentarily stupefied.

: "I had not realized that so few worshiped the Old Gods. I apologize for speaking so rudely. Please, can we stop this discussion? Many things have happened in the past day and I believe we need time to absorb this new knowledge." Amberly lowered her head, staring at the ground and hoping that she hadn't made people angry.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:37 pm »

"Hey, sorry if we're bumming you ought. It's just... You know. What we believe."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 12, 2015, 09:30:27 pm »

: "She's right. Be aware of the fact that people often do have different opinions on the same topic, though likely mostly everyone had the same ideals in the monastery, correct? "
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2015, 10:36:03 pm »

: "Well...yes. It is a temple devoted to the Old Gods as well as knowledge, after all. Perhaps some of the ones forced to be there didn't believe, but I always did."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2015, 10:40:44 pm »

"Hmmph. I'm sorry,  I guess. I didn't mean to offend, I just don't get how someone can worship these beings that destroyed so much of this world and abandoned us."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 12, 2015, 10:51:52 pm »

You don't SOUND very sorry... Out loud, the nun simply said:

: "This will likely be a long journey, and we will probably learn a lot about the Old Gods on it. Perhaps you will discover the reason yourself."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 12, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »

:"...oh, I'd very much like to learn that, myself. The more I can learn, the better, haha."
Fer flipped his notebook back open.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 259