Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159020 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #3570 on: June 05, 2016, 05:41:58 pm »

Amberly turned to Fer, unwilling to look Cetus in the eye after a statement like that. She even had a hard time looking at Lucrezia's puppet, oddly enough.

: "I admit that the odds are not great. However, someone who's heard DeMurray's story should stay here to ensure that more can learn about it. Let's be honest, I'm clearly the least suited to travel."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: June 05, 2016, 05:43:32 pm »

:"...you told me you weren't giving up, right? You don't have to, and none of us think you should."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:48:44 pm by Powder Miner »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: June 05, 2016, 05:53:22 pm »

Cetus sighed.

"Maybe try looking at it this way. You're one of the only one of us that knows about the Old Gods. Sure, someone who knows DeMurray's story is useful here, but why can't DeMurray talk to the Abbess and tell her his story himself? And wouldn't it be useful to have someone who knows about the Old Gods on our side? You might be able to tell us something that we wouldn't know otherwise if we're out of contact with DeMurray. And you're one of us. You've traveled and fought with us. You're part of the crew."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: June 05, 2016, 06:13:24 pm »

: "This is not giving up. Giving up would be--" She was interrupted from saying any more by Cetus.

: "That's...a good point." It was damned good, actually. If anything the Abbess would likely insist on being able to talk to DeMurray.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: June 05, 2016, 06:16:14 pm »

:"Well, yeah, he's right. It's pretty much just been you and me when we've been looking at all these ruins, and that's half of what we've been doing this entire time. You've been one of the bigger contributors."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: June 05, 2016, 07:42:35 pm »

: "Just about any of the other acolytes here could do the same at further ruins. I'm sure that a few of them are better than I am, too."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: June 05, 2016, 08:31:43 pm »

"I dunno that I buy that. Might've been true when you left, but you've improved a lot since then. You're pretty handy in a scrap, to be honest."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: June 05, 2016, 08:39:11 pm »

:"They'd have to be introduced to everything we've learned, secondhand, where you know what we've discovered because you were up there discovering the things. ...and, well, I'd rather be with someone I trust when we're this deep in. I trust you, Amberly, but I don't know if I'd trust anyone I'd just be meeting as they came out to replace you."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:27:13 pm by Powder Miner »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: June 05, 2016, 11:19:58 pm »

Amberly was momentarily at a loss for words. This was not at all the way she expected this conversation to go. Something more like "okay bye" or "good riddance", not "you're part of the crew" and most certainly not "I trust you".

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: June 07, 2016, 02:53:05 pm »

"..."
"I-if y-you really are g-going... then g-good bye, M-miss A-Amberly. T-thank you."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: June 07, 2016, 03:11:13 pm »

"Like I said, it ain't my place to tell you what you should do, but listen here anyway. Sometimes your head may think you want one thing, but your heart'll tell you what it is you're really looking for."

"I don't think we're leaving right away, so maybe take some time and think it over real good, yeah? See where you stand after getting some food in you, at least."

He waved a biscuit idly as if to prove his point before biting into it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: June 08, 2016, 01:26:25 am »

Jesseo idly noticed that she finished her food quite faster than anyone else had, and busied her hand with holding the tiny teacup in front of her.
"I'm with Lucrezia when she says I'll miss you--and you'll really be missed, Amberly. Also to add to that, I haven't seen anyone blend in as seamlessly as you during our trip together; that's something telling me there's more about you than first impressions. For other purposes, I can help teach you survival and travel skills really needed; was the same story for me, although I didn't get a choice with it. Also what Beryn said. He's both wise and silly--I think its his bond with Prata that allows this. ... At least I know where to find you."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:18:21 am by Tiruin »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: June 08, 2016, 02:32:12 am »

:"I, uh... I guess to add on that. I would miss you too, I... I really would. I mean, when I was fighting by your side, sure, I'd miss that, you went and backed me up sometimes, and I'd miss you doing my archaeology, I've gone on and on and on about how you're a contribution and all, but all my stammering about that aside..." Fer sighed, took a deep breath, and reddened somewhat. "I'd, well, also miss you for you. I've had the chance to talk to you about things I never really did with the others and heard your views the same in fact you're pretty much the only one I talked to at real length thinking back on it, but uh, basically I've been going on and on about how you've contributed because it's the sort of thing I'm a lot better at talking about, but I'd miss you for you too. Um, here, give me a second,"
Fer cleared his throat and rustled in his robe for a couple of moments, before coming up with a pair of thin but densely paged books: the notebooks he'd been jealously guarding the whole journey. He flipped briefly through them to reveal the pages crammed with the notes he'd written in over their travel.
:"I'd greatly prefer that you not leave us, but since I can't exactly go and force you, if you do go I should offer you these. If you would be staying here with the scholars, I imagine having a detailed repository of what we've seen so far would be pretty helpful, and you would probably need these more than I would. If, uh, this all does come to pass, heh, I'd come later after the whole crisis is solved and want that first one back, heh. It's got some of my first observations, from the first time we all came here, but it also has some of my notes for finding the Armageddon tome."
He held them out to her.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: June 11, 2016, 11:57:29 pm »

Cetus did his best to smile at Amberly.

"Look, whatever you do end up deciding to do, I'm sure that you'll do amazing. But just know that we'll miss you if you do leave us. So don't just try and decide what's best for the group without listening to all of us, alright? If you're doing it cause it's best for you, good. But know that it won't be best for our group."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: June 12, 2016, 05:14:10 am »

"Also just to add...If I said anything that felt like pressuring you into staying with us because of merit and credit, it'd make me happier--and I bet the same for the rest of us--if your choice was made by yourself. I won't feel happy between putting someone out of where they're comfortable with; these people are like your family, and...like parents. If I can advise making a decision--do it after you thought it out thoroughly. No pressure."
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 259