Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159215 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #2865 on: October 29, 2015, 02:26:39 pm »

Lucrezia's eyes were wide as she looked around. She paused at the sight of the boiling sphere... so pretty.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: October 29, 2015, 02:44:16 pm »

The group slowly made its way to the other side of the giant hall. As they have traveled, the floors near them narrowed, exposing chasms that went down for unknown lenghts. This made the already humongous silvery computing blocks even larger. Sometimes there would be a floorpath going between the blocks but the guardian of this place didn't even glance at them.

The automated pathway ended at a platform in front of a small metallic door with 'Z' patterned crevice on it. Boss made few beeps at which the door opened with a hiss, its halves sliding into the frame and out of sight.

Inside, there was another machine, almost identical in shape and size to the one that Amberly, Aiesha and others present in House of Scholars saw in its basement; this one was silvery, though.

The robot moved to the device and put the orb into a small alcove. The machine began to beep, click and hum.

Suddenly, a beam of light began to be projected from small black dot on the machine. First there was an oval shape, then there was a vaguely humanoid silhouette, and then there was...

"I am whole again. Welcome, natives, I am the one you know as Demura, but my true... wait... wait what??" The projection of Demura looked around, checking his hands, and legs, and then his eyes grew wide at the fact that he was hovering over the floor a bit.

"Margaret!?" Professor turned to the robot. "WHAT is the meaning of THIS??"

"I swear it was an accident.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 29, 2015, 02:48:30 pm »

The nun fell to her knees and clasped her hands together as if to pray.

: "Greetings, Great Demura."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: October 29, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »

Faced with a god, Lucrezia was nearly wordless.

"..."
"U-um. H-hello."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 29, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »

"..."
"Okay. No. just. no." Elanore's voice grew faint. Any happiness in her had left her. Not even the fact that this person was called Margaret helped.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 29, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »

: Margaret?!

: *pff* Ya old gods be so mean.

: Anyways, we finally arrived. I hope we can git some explanations without any more metal things blastin' at us.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 29, 2015, 03:01:41 pm »

The projection furrowed its non-solid brows.

"I am no God. Please stop with the worship, it's bad enough I had entire cult named after myself only. Like I said earlier, you know me as Demura. But to be honest I am Professor DeMurray, Xenobiologist of London Astrosciences University. You do not have to explain your presence here; only under one condition I was to be awaken, so the reason behind this is obvious to me. What is the status report? Is the telemetry from Stella in our databanks?"

"Err, about that, sir..." Then Boss v2.04 aka Margaret explained everything, from failure to communicate all the way to Ethan's and CO's arrival on the island and all the things worth mentioning. It took few minutes.

"Oh bloody hell. This is... terrible situation we are in."

"Okay, look, mister Professor. We came here because we were looking for, well, some answers. You are not a god, fine - what are you? Why do you look so similar to us? Who are the rest of the Old Gods? I assume you're not from our world either?"

"Aah... yes. I believe you should get all the answers. I can explain you few things, but... to explain our current situation, I would need to go back to the Shattering, and to explain Shattering, I would have to explain your civilization's first contact with us, and to explain that, I would probably have to explain the origins of me and my colleagues, but that's such a long story..." Ethan crossed his arms and leaned against nearby wall.

"Personally I have no objections? After this excruciatingly painful trip, I would like to hear a nice story. How about you guys?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 29, 2015, 03:04:11 pm »

: "I came here seeking knowledge. If you are willing to tell us the tale, I will surely listen even if no one else does." She did not move from her spot.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 29, 2015, 03:05:04 pm »

"Weren't we coming here to prevent some disaster? Some time sensitive nasty problem? Do we have time for a story?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: October 29, 2015, 03:07:56 pm »

: Can we write it down? I'm prob'ly gonna get lost if ya speak too much mumbojumbo.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: October 29, 2015, 03:11:15 pm »

"Yeah, that too? Do we have the time?"

"You have to tell me how long it has been since you have procured the Orb of Recording. I've made sure to leave a workable time window before detection and my awakening, but..."

"Uhhh... well it was at least five days since we got to orb, visited the old lady and then came back to the port. Then I think two days to Port Omega? And then here... How long we were sailing east? Barry, do you remember?"
SigFlags!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: October 29, 2015, 03:14:46 pm »

: Whole 'nother five days 'til we had the scuffle with the Kraken, then 'ts all hazy an' we woke up in the island.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: October 29, 2015, 03:18:21 pm »

"Hard to say what exactly happened to the ship or how long it was before I woke up on it.. Noone really remembers and the only clue we have is that its basically destroyed."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: October 29, 2015, 03:23:36 pm »

Fer was trembling hard enough it was visible.
:"So-- so much to learn, we could regain centuries' worth of... of... Pr-Professor DeMurray? Something... something before the shattering... was there ever a "Jasso" archive, or library, or, or something like that? And have you ever heard of an "Armageddon" tome?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: October 29, 2015, 03:26:13 pm »

"To be on caution's side, I would say two weeks tops."

"Hmmm... how did you come into the possession of the orb?"

"Uhh, we acquired it from an old man that was traveling on Domirian navy vessel. From what I learned at Alvadan Admiralty in Di, it was coming from Domiria to Di via your holy city or whatever... oh."

"Maybe the old guy got on the ship there? The ship itself wouldn't spend more than five days on its way to Di, considering it was navy vessel and not some slow cog."

"I see. Then, to follow your example - three weeks tops. I have set the Stella to send a signal when my colleagues' ship would be about two months of travel away-"

"Say what? Are the other Old Gods coming back? Why?"

"That's why I offered to tell a story. We have about a month to come with a solution to that particular danger. I believe sacrificing an hour or two to tell the whole story won't hurt. As for the Jesso library, I'm sorry, I do not have knowledge of such a place." Professor DeMurray looked at Ethan, who shrugged.

"We kinda deserve answers, don't you think, guys?"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 259