Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159137 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #1605 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:37 pm »

"Well, wolfie.. Sometimes, there's more to a tome than just the physical side, dark magic tomes especially. It pays to have a good set of lungs, along with a strong back."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 01, 2015, 12:58:33 am »

Amberly listened to Cetus' words. She didn't believe them, didn't really think that he believed them, but at least he was trying. The only thing she brought to the crew that no one else could do better was her worship of the Old Gods, and she didn't see how that could help a bunch of Undine worshipers - at least two of whom hated her.

: "Hmm. Perhaps you're right; it's only been two days after all. Hopefully there will be some sort of role I can fill." The nun gazed out towards the ocean wistfully. "I can't help but wish that I had chosen to learn how to use staffs rather than tomes. At least then I could help a little more than I do now."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 01, 2015, 01:01:17 am »

"Hmm, well, if you wanted to learn, I could always try and teach you. It's not something I've done before, but I'd be interested to try. But even if you don't. You're the only one who uses the Holy magic in our group. Don't discount that. Although it is often viewed as weaker than the others, it has hidden powers too. Or... so I've been taught. You probably know more about it than I do."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 01, 2015, 01:17:08 am »

Jesseo was busy tending to Glenn's wounds, thinking that she had already stabilized Lucrezia after pulling back from the foray. Post-healing, she looked back and noticed Beryn tending to her instead.

She felt like a rock was crushing her chest at the guilt.

"Oh-oh goodness, Lucrezia, are you alright? Beryn, did I miss something? Was she in any danger when you got her? I was busy tending to Glenn and-"

A hole in the deck, the size of two men, nearly provided a nice exit to the lower floor.

"And watching out for the..craters from those ballistae bolts. I'm just glad that this ship has a reinforced hull, and not sinking from all that damage. Was that a Domirian warship that just attacked us? Also, since Carmen and her buddies are in custody, could we take the time to at least question them? Preferably by someone who they don't know from our past meetings--like Stheno and Beryn?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 01, 2015, 01:23:09 am »

: "I...I don't know. I'll have to think about it for a while...You are correct, light magic can be powerful at times, or in the right circumstances. But you need to have some power of your own to make it work properly, and I don't seem to have that." She stared out at the ocean, feeling the her eyes beginning to burn with frustrated tears but refusing to let them show.

: "I never thought I'd be missing the convent. Back there I was the best of the initiates in our defense classes, but out here I can see just how badly outclassed I am. It is a...humbling experience."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 01, 2015, 01:31:01 am »

Cetus stood up and leaned against the railing, staring out at the sea next to her. He didn't feel comfortable touching people really, and suspected that she wouldn't appreciate a hug anyways, so he just stood near her for now.

"Power... Power isn't always there when you need it. Would you say that I'm a powerful healer? I've been called similar things before and yet..."

"There have been times in my life when I've felt completely powerless. I told you about some but... Even during battles. When I'm watching all my companions fight, get hurt, risk death... And I can't lift a finger to help them? That makes me feel powerless. At least you can contribute something. All I do is heal people up so that they can get hurt again."

A bitter tone that hadn't been there before had started to come out at the end there. He sighed.

"All I want to do is help my friends. Help protect them. But I have no affinity for offensive magic, and I suspect I would just make a fool of myself if I tried to use a sword or something. So everyone can feel powerless. Everyone has felt that others are better than them. Sometimes you need to just be willing to continue to try in spite of that."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 01, 2015, 06:43:58 am »

Stheno moaned as Cetus revived her.

"I think...I'm starting to hate her too." She rubbed the spot where Carmen had perforated her before getting to business and healing the other wounded with the healers.

At least until Fer approached her.

"Can I help you with something Mr. Jasso?"
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:25 am »

"..."
"I-I'm ok, m-mostly. Beryn stopped me bleeding." She sat down on the deck. "I-I don't think my wounds have clsoedd completely, but I-I'm ok. Don't worry."
She offered Jo a smile.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 01, 2015, 10:36:58 am »

"Then we will deal with her next time accordingly. To be honest, I want to be on our way already. Are all back up and on our ship, Aiesha?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 01, 2015, 10:40:30 am »

Aiesha nodded. "Yeah, seems like everyone found their way back to the Blackbones."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 01, 2015, 11:25:31 am »

"Good. Let's resume our journey then."

When the two Domirian ships departed, the Blackbones set course for the wild east.

~~Chapter 4: Just Another Everyday Journey~~

Two days later, by the late afternoon they've reached their last 'civilized' stop: Port Omega.

The easternmost port of the New Alvadan territories, and one of the most backwater ones too. Only some people, merchants and farmers, visit this small farming island, with few adventurous hunters and explorers thrown into the bunch.

Once upon a time, it was bustling trade city, where brave and daring were stopping by to resupply before resuming their journeys north, south and east.

But that was long ago, when everyone thought that there is something to be found in the east - but it was common knowledge that nothing is here. Those who ventured forth, seldom returned; those who did, reported of treacherous waters, misty weather and giant sea monsters.

Now, in the fifth century, Port Omega is mere shadow of its glory as a hub of adventure. Only few ships visit this remote place - The Blackbones was going to join the bunch just about now...

Ethan stepped down on the wooden pier of the Port Omega and took a deep breath.

"No familiar scents. No gutted fish. No corner urine. No- oh wait, there are seagulls. This place haven't changed much since my last visit." Ethan looked at the seagulls that were squawking at the few low stone buildings; the rest were wooden huts, inhabited by fishermen and sailors and other such folk.

"There is a place I'm gonna visit. A friend. You rest wait here or go shopping, whatever. Not that there is that many shops here. I will be back before sun sets. Aiesha, keep an eye on the ship and crew." With that, Ethan waved and walked off into the city.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 01, 2015, 11:28:38 am »

Cetus walked over to Aiesha.

"So what do you think? One of us stays with the ship while the other goes shopping or something else?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 01, 2015, 11:36:47 am »

Amberly wobbled off the ship, having finally gained her sea legs the day before. Now the land was the rocking nearly as bad as the boat had been.

: Why is life at sea so disorienting? she wondered to herself as she stumbled into Fer and nearly fell over.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 01, 2015, 11:59:42 am »

"Hey, if you wanna go see if there's anything worth picking up in this dump, be my guest." Aiesha leaned against a railing. "But if you do go, take somebody with you. Maybe Barry."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 01, 2015, 12:01:59 pm »

Beryn continued to clean his fingernails with his skinning knife near the port railing. Being a sailor was fairly hard work, but he hadn't complained once yet.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 259