Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159049 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #1455 on: March 16, 2015, 11:40:13 pm »

Amberly looked up from her meditation to see the priest looking serious. She nodded and stood up.

: "..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 16, 2015, 11:41:41 pm »

"Who, Prata? I let him do what he wants most of the time, he's always careful to stay near me since he thinks I'm the alpha of our little pack. Mostly all he does is fly around overhead where he can find me and hunt, then when it's bedtime he flies down so I can sleep on him. Honestly he's kinda cute when he's asleep, he always sorta tucks his head under his right wing..."
Jesseo lightened up at the sound of 'pack'.

"So where are his brothers and sisters? I didn't know you were a wyvern tamer! It must be great, knowing wyverns this...deep!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 16, 2015, 11:45:47 pm »

"I dunno if he has any broodmates. He just dived on me one day in an attempt to steal my hunting spoils and we fought it out. I won, domesticated him, and now he's pretty much loyal to me. Here, let me call him down."

Beryn turned slightly and made a loud three-toned whistle. A few seconds later the silver wyvern glided down from the sky and slowed to a stop along the pier, landing near Beryn. He walked over with a rather chicken-like motion, swishing his head back and forth to investigate all the people around his master before orienting on Lucrezia. He gave the girl a friendly rumble, then reached Beryn's side and sat, staring at Jesseo.

"You can pet him if you like. He doesn't attack without my say-so."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 16, 2015, 11:57:13 pm »

Jesseo was...very surprised to see quite a...well-grown wyvern in front of her, that she could touch, with her own hands, in the flesh.

Her hand was hesitant as she held it out..."I-I thought by when you said 'pack', you meant more than one. This is...magnificent and-..."

She trailed off, leaving the hand in the air, like a stop sign in front of Prata's face.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 16, 2015, 11:59:03 pm »

Walking a bit away from the group, Cetus sat down and stared at the ground for a few seconds before hesitantly saying,

"This... this isn't easy for me to say. No one here actually knows the full story. They just know that I had been working towards being a priest of the Old Gods before leaving because I didn't agree with the religion anymore. That's... not quite the case. I was placed into a temple at a very young age, maybe four or five. I was told that my parents gave me to the temple because I was the youngest of seven children and they couldn't afford to feed all of us. That much, I know now, is true.

Growing up, I studied the Old Gods and healing. I didn't miss my family, because how can one miss what they don't even really remember? As I grew older... I started questioning the Gods. Why did they punish us for using the gifts they gave us? Why did they abandon us? What came before them? Other things. At first... I kept my questions to myself. Then one day... I shared my doubts with a friend. Or... someone I thought was a friend.

That night... morning... I don't know exactly when, I was woken by the men who had been teaching me for the past years roughly grabbing me, gagging me, and dragging me through the temple and throwing me into a solitary cell, used by those priests who want to isolate themselves and pray. I was stuck in there... I don't know how long. They would come in, three times a day, to try and teach me... force me back onto the path they viewed as correct. When I refused to stop asking questions... I still have scars from my time in there. Eventually, I broke. I gave in, and gave the answers they wanted.

They let me out, I stayed there for another month or so before finally getting up the courage to flee. I tried to go home but... my parents insisted on sending me back. They didn't know me. I can't blame them. Not really. So I left, and eventually joined up with the captain. Coming to the House of Scholars... it was the first time being in a building like that since I fled. All those memories... I'd pushed them down and they just came rushing back. Which caused me to react poorly. I'm sorry. It wasn't fair to you."

He fell silent for a few minutes before quietly adding,

"I heard that they were rebuked by others of the faith. The elders replaced with new men. But... I can't help but asking why that couldn't have happened sooner? Why couldn't I have been saved from that?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 17, 2015, 12:08:31 am »

Prata closed distance by extending his neck until Jesseo's hand was in front of his nostrils, his blue eyes crossed to see it. He took a deep sniff of her hand, then moved his nose to in front of hers and sniffed again. Seemingly satisfied, he moved his head back to her hand and pushed the side of his face against it, probably harder than Jesseo was expecting but that was just his way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 17, 2015, 12:48:52 am »

The nun stared for a few seconds at the story, then knelt down beside the priest and put a gloved hand over his.

: "...I am so, so sorry you had to go through that. I had been in the convent for about five years when we heard the rumors of abuse from a faraway temple, and I remember being shocked that such things could happen. Even the Abbess, who was - and still is - a stern mistress, seemed appalled."

: "I know that must have been difficult for you to tell me, and I am honored that you would trust me with such a secret. And now I know why you reacted so strongly to the House of Scholars; it must have reminded you of that temple. But please believe me, such horrible things never happened in my home. Our rules involving clothing and conduct were strict, yes, but it was primarily a home of knowledge and sometimes those who seek knowledge begin to doubt in the divine. It was not unheard of, and as long as such people did not disrupt normal life they were allowed to stay. As far I know it was only a few scattered, remote temples that permitted such punishments for mere doubt and questions, while most houses of worship rightly condemned them."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 17, 2015, 12:55:43 am »

Cetus flinched as the nun's hand landed on his before settling back and letting out a quiet sigh.

"I... I know that such cases as mine are rare. In my time outside, I've learned more about the religion. I realize that the way I was arguing before... I said some things that were untrue. And I'm sorry for that. I just... So many memories. At first I tried to fight them. Joke with Aiesha, try and act nice towards you. But... as we headed downstairs, and saw that message... things just kept coming back. And so I had all this anger... and it came out at you. I was harsher than I should have been."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 17, 2015, 01:14:55 am »

: "Apology accepted. If I had known why you reacted the way you did I would have been more understanding earlier today." The nun sighed.

: "Besides, you were not the only one angry at me. Perhaps your harshness was a blessing in disguise by helping me prepare for further harshness down the road."

: "But I digress. Your first mate has given me permission to install a small shrine on the deck of your ship. I will keep it out of the way, but if you would ever like to visit, even just to talk to me, you will be welcome."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 17, 2015, 01:30:54 am »

"... Thank you. I am sorry you've dealt with such harshness so soon after leaving somewhere that was a place of comfort for you. I cannot say if I will visit the shrine often, but I appreciate the offer. If I'm being honest... I mostly started to follow Undine because I felt that her teachings were good philosophies to live by. I am not a believer in her divinity. I suppose... Well. I still have a lot of questions about the Old Gods. Perhaps some day we could talk about some of them."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 17, 2015, 01:37:07 am »

: "I understand; please do not think I am trying to pressure you into visiting. And yes, I would be open to more discussion further down the road. We can meet anywhere you'd like for that if the shrine makes you feel uncomfortable."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 17, 2015, 02:14:40 am »

"I'm glad we have all decided. We shall be going aboard. Aiesha, Cetus, did you guys buy everything we wanted for the journey?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 17, 2015, 11:47:46 pm »

Beryn noticed Lucrezia looking over at him and Jesseo, her attention likely attracted by the female mercenary's wave. He gave the soldier a warm smile and a quick wink, both out of his innate friendliness and a curiosity to see how she would react. Stheno HAD said she had a crush on him, after all. Meanwhile, Prata continued to rub his snout against Jesseo's hand, apparently enjoying either the warmth or the scent of it.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 18, 2015, 12:03:39 am »

"Huh? Oh, yes. Got plenty of staffs that should be useful for our three staff users, as well as weapons for everyone that needed a new one, I believe. Should be all good, Captain."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 18, 2015, 12:13:04 am »

Stheno wasn't sure if the captain had heard her request and didn't much care. If it was an issue she'd talk with him later. Right now she needed to find an area that would suit her first, being far enough from the crew that the fumes her research could sometimes produce wouldn't cause any health hazards. With official business done she headed off to explore. The puppet girl would probably be more at ease without her presence there anyway.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 259