Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 259

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!  (Read 159054 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), IC Thread!
« Reply #1350 on: March 15, 2015, 12:12:17 am »

(*takes invitation*)

Beryn happened across the nun and the first mate not too long after strolling off in defeat. He raised a hand in greeting.

"Hey, how's it going? I'm trying to introduce myself to everyone on the crew anyway, so I guess this is lucky. My name's Beryn. I already gave Aiesha a ride, but I don't believe I've talked to you yet, miss...?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 15, 2015, 12:18:38 am »

((Well I'm not sure who else is by the pier and Blade just went to bed, so...))

The nun gave a restrained nod in response.

: "Amberly. I'm not really a member of the crew though; I just joined up with them yesterday."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 15, 2015, 12:25:55 am »

(It's all good. ^^^)

"Good to meet you, miss Amberly. I'd offer my hand, but, uh, this is honestly the first time I've ran into an actual member of a clergy, so is that rude, or not?"

"Yeah, I was hanging out with Alicia and Baurus, but they were off to look at hats or go get some drinks or something. I already lost a drinking contest to Baurus and got shot out of the saddle by Alicia, so I figured I'd better stop pushing my luck for the day. So, uh, that's me so far, how have you been holding up since joining this bunch?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:28 am »

Elanore was particularly engrossed in a dark magic tome detailing the effects of dark magic on the wielder, when she finally overheard the Nun and Stheno arguing over something, before they stopped. Sighing and putting the tome down, she peeked her head around the corner to see both the Alchemist and nun gone, with only Fer remaining. She had to fight the urge to face-palm. Looking directly at Fer, she sighed.
  "What the hell happened?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 15, 2015, 12:33:14 am »

Under her veil, the nun grimaced. Physical contact was...not exactly prohibited the House of Scholars, but it wasn't really allowed either. This was a tricky situation. She decided to gloss over that part.

: "...I have had better days," she responded diplomatically, still aware of Aiesha nearby. "I am sorry that you lost your contest and were injured. Will you be okay?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 15, 2015, 12:43:02 am »

Beryn rubbed his forehead, laughing quietly.

"Oh, right, sorry, yeah, I'm not hurt. Xosian expression. It basically means I made an offer to sleep with her and she turned it down. But it was nothing ventured nothing gained anyway, so it's no big deal. It could've ended up worse than a simple no, that's for damn sure."

That kind of thing was OK to say to a priest or priestess, right? As far as he knew people confessed to stuff at churches to the Old Gods, so if she was clergy then she'd probably heard worse.

"So, I got a question, if you don't mind. Do you know where we're sailing off to? I just kinda joined on a whim so I know zero about all this."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 15, 2015, 12:54:07 am »

Amberly, who had never heard a confession in her life (and certainly nothing like that!), turned bright pink.

: "I-I-I see. A-a-anyway, w-we are g-going to the Greater P-Pleiades, t-to find the tomb of D-Demua. H-hopefully."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 15, 2015, 12:58:53 am »

"Ain't he the Old God that stuck around? What do we want to go bothering his tomb for?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 15, 2015, 01:03:48 am »

: "Well it...it might not be a tomb after all. He may just be resting there."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 15, 2015, 01:07:59 am »

"Huh. So, let me get this straight, maybe I still got snow in my ears. This Demura just said 'screw it' and went off to hide, and we're going to basically grab him by the ear like a naughty kid and go 'nuh uh, get back out there'?"

"That sounds worthy of our time! Meeting an Old God is sure to be something to go down in legend!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 15, 2015, 01:15:47 am »

: "Well I...I suppose if you want to put it that way..." Though she did share his excitement over the thought of meeting a living Old God, so she warmed up to the man a little. "Are you a follower of the Old Gods as well, Mr Beryn?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 15, 2015, 01:23:36 am »

Now it was Beryn's turn to be put on the spot and try to think of diplomatic phrasing.

"Let's say that I'm... neutral on the whole Old Gods, Demura, Undine thing. I'm not trying to say none of them existed or you shouldn't believe in them or nothing like that, I just ain't ever really gave it much thought. There ain't many priests up by Xos, it's fairly removed from all the debate. Near as I can tell, only thing scholars up there care about is whatever crazy thing they can magic up next."

"So, I'm here and I'm curious, you're here and you're a nun. Wanna proselytize? I'll promise to at least hear you out on your faith."

He held up a hand to show his good intentions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 15, 2015, 01:32:20 am »

That was...quite possibly one of the nicest things anyone had said about her faith in the last day. That and what Fer had said earlier. The nun waved her hand in light dismissal.

: "No no, there's no need for that. I haven't been trained in missionary work, and my task is not to convert anyone. The Abbess of my convent thought that I could be useful and sent me along with this crew."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 15, 2015, 01:43:16 am »

"Fair enough then. I just figured a lot of this crew, being sailors and all, were probably Undine-worshippers and you might like a sympathetic ear. I ain't withdrawing the offer, so, if you change your mind I'll be around the ship somewhere."

"So, useful? Do you mean healing magic, or more like in a more hands-on sort of way, like sewing and that sort of thing? Er, not trying to be offensive, I just... don't know what it is priests and priestesses do."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 15, 2015, 02:01:21 am »

: "I...I will think about it. In any case, to answer your question I suppose most of my assistance would be hands-on, as you say. I can sew, clean, cook, I can read the Old Tongue fairly well...I also have these." The nun pulled a tome from her bag and held it up.

: "Part of our training was in self-defense. I was considered to be at least average at it."

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 259