Maybe.
- 0 (0%)
I don't know.
- 0 (0%)
I blame the Mexicans.
- 10 (90.9%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: The Zone Explorer -- Last spot filled, waitlist ready for newcomers.  (Read 12007 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

"Herbert! Lovely to see you. Keepng well? Oh, them? Bit rough but they seem quite decent. Listen, Herbie, I'm in a bit of a spot of tiny trouble."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Look for a bar.

When you try to get up from your knees, you are forced down by the guards. Perhaps you aren't free to go yet?

Anyway, after a few seconds, the guy talking to Nigel shouts that you think meant that you lot can be trusted. You try to get up again, and this time the watchdogs don't seem to mind. When you look around, you notice that there are just a few small buildings, including a cement guard post, a wooden cabin and a reasonably small factory building, judging by the windows and walls. You are not exactly sure whether there is a bar here at all.

Learn more about these individuals. Make sure they aren't thieves.
excitedly ramble on to these fine gentlemen about all the cool places I've been to on my travels

They don't listen or answer. After a few more or less tense seconds, you are no longer aimed at and think you might be free to go.

"Herbert! Lovely to see you. Keepng well? Oh, them? Bit rough but they seem quite decent. Listen, Herbie, I'm in a bit of a spot of tiny trouble."

He looks at you, being more than a bit worried, glancing over his shoulder at the newcomers, who are currently mildly annoying their guards.

"Good to see you Nigel. I got some trouble, and I guess so do you. We have the... leader of this camp missing, and I am planning an expedition deeper in, but I lack men."

He signals his pals that he vouches for you, and you follow him into a big building. You see a few bunkbeds around, accompanied by lockers and even two or three metal chests. On the far side of the building, you notice a few racks behind bars. After a closer examination, you see that the machinery that used to be in this building has been taken away a long time ago.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find somewhere to sleep.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Well, uh, okay.

Go get some food, keep gun close
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

FInd a cozy place and take a nap

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Check the factory building.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Excellent, that sounds brilliant, good luck with that! Anyway, I was just wondering, you wouldn't have any blank passports at all? Or just a really good forger? Or just paper...?"

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Fire at NAV warning shots

куда ти едой?!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

I will do the runs tomorrow or on Saturday, sorry for taking so long, but I have very little free time right now.

Go Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:44:39 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Find somewhere to sleep.
[6] You get from your knees and walk around the base for a bit and look for a nice, cozy place to sleep, and wouldn't you know it, when you check the unused guard stand, it has enough space for you to sleep in the conveniently placed bedroll and you just get the thought that maybe you are not completely down on your luck today. When you get a one last look outside, you spot something that catches your eyes. When you go to investigate, you see that it is a perfectly good pillow and you have the urge to try out your new bed.

Well, uh, okay.

Go get some food, keep gun close

[6] You look as the Captain America guy leaves you guys and goes to the stand and you walk up to Herb to ask him to give out the provisions if he is to take over. He nods and walks to the factory with his friend and brings you and other stalkers a few cans of... food. You have been eating these since from you arrived to the Zone, but you still can't find the courage inside you to check the ingredients of the can. You can go punch a mutant in the face just in your slippers, but can reading is off limits. Anyway, you open it and start biting into the meaty substance inside, and you soon feel that warm, nice feeling in your stomach after getting some food.

FInd a cozy place and take a nap

[4] You see the American stealing the only good sleeping spot, but you find yourself an abandoned car inside the base that seems to be protecting you from rain and that is more or less warm. You crawl inside, and when you look around, you see that the car CD player is still working.

Check the factory building.

After a few seconds you get up and notice the Brit going into the facility with the approval of his pal, so you kinda feel sad that you didn't make any friendly relationships with the stalkers. One of the stalkers pulls his AK back up when he sees you trying to enter the factory, and he fires a few warning shots in the ground around you. You are not sure whether is it a good idea to piss off the crazy gun nuts any more, so you just kinda stand around and feel threatened. Kind of.

Your arm is itching.

"Excellent, that sounds brilliant, good luck with that! Anyway, I was just wondering, you wouldn't have any blank passports at all? Or just a really good forger? Or just paper...?"

Herb laughs at your unexperienced words and replies:
"Paper!? Ha! The last paper I saw was used to wipe the bums of the guys here. And forgers? Not a chance, at least not here. Besides, you probably don't even have a permit, so the treps will just fuck you up on sight. You shouldn't have come down here if you needed a passport, but if you really want to stay for a while, you *could* ask the scientists in the bunker for the papers that the army wants if you want to leave the Zone in one piece."

He stops talking for a second, because of some guy asking for provisions, and nods to him and enters the building. You follow him inside, and you see him picking up a metal tile in the floor, pulling out a few cans of meat, and putting the plate back in it's spot. When he see syou inside, he chuckles and simply asks:
"Hungry?"
Suddenly, you hear gunshots outside. You rush out, and Hemmingham soon follows. Turns out that those were warning shots from one of the stalkers, because the druggie tried to go in. You hear your friend's voice behind you:
"Wasteful idiots. Eh, but they do their job and are loyal, so that's that. Hey, Nigel, do you have a gun? And some proper clothing?"

Fire at NAV warning shots

куда ти едой?!

You stop him dead in his tracks, as he almost falls down and backs up after seeing you're willing to shoot. You also [1] hear some murmurs from your colleagues about wasting ammo, but you remind them that the gun and all ammo are yours, and you are allowed to do whatever the hell you want with them. One of them says:
"What about if the treps come to investigate gunfire?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, sorry for the turns taking so long, but school is eating all my free time.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eeeeeeer, I have this suit, and my pocket calculator, and... that's it, really."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

"Eeeeeeer, I have this suit, and my pocket calculator, and... that's it, really."
"How did you survive the trip here? Jesus Christ, you won't last without a gun. Hmm... I COULD give you a gun if you went on the expedition with me. Otherwise, unless you want to jump head first into an anomaly, you are dead meat."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"Ey, let's hope these ruskies have some sweet tunes."

turn on the cd player

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Zone Explorer -- Now with famous songs in Chernobyl!
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2014, 05:50:49 pm »

"Ey, let's hope these ruskies have some sweet tunes."

turn on the cd player

The first song that is played is ironically made by "America" and it's called "Horse with no name". It is rather nice, and you fall asleep while the music starts playing.

On the first part of the journey,
I was looking at all the life.
There were plants and birds, and rocks and things,
There was sand and hills and rings.
The first thing I met, was a fly with a buzz,
And the sky, with no clouds.
The heat was hot, and the ground was dry,
But the air was full of sound.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:53:21 pm by SaberToothTiger »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Zone Explorer -- Now with famous songs in Chernobyl!
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2014, 06:11:33 pm »

Sleep with my gun readied (if they haven't confiscated it, that is).
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8