Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163700 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #2040 on: November 03, 2015, 07:00:41 pm »

Because we're ARM now, and we want to look pretty for the masses. Unofficially, also probably because we can't stop committing war crimes when we're not supposed to; giving that sort of thing the green light is just asking for us to start committing war crimes squared.

That said, we had an entire mission devoted to kidnapping 50,000 people for inhumane experiments under the guise of helping them. So it's not like we're averse to war crimes for a good cause, we just want to keep it a bit more discrete than the average ARM trooper is probably capable of.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 03, 2015, 07:02:56 pm »

@Pancaek
To be honest, I think at this point it's mostly to prevent rampant warcrime orgies that could erupt should it become [ETHIC:WARCRIME:PERSONAL MATTER] to commit such deeds. As of now, it's looked down upon, and sometimes even penalised with mission pay cuts, so the former convicts do have reasons to keep their last few scraps of morality. I think it's becoming more and more of a problem without anyone to keep us in check (with HMRC, at least the UWM would still remain, and it's not like we'd be allowed to leave after ten missions 'as we were promised'; now, only Steve remains as our final judge in such matters, and he necessarily has to take on the previously unwanted role of our moral guardian to prevent complete morals disintegration and corruption).

Of course, he has so far fed us the reason of "if we lose this war and come before UWM tribunal", but honestly, does anyone really find it a credible threat? We'd be long dead should we lose the war, an on the miraculous chance UWM could hold a trial for us, it'd be completely rigged. These must be lies, lies of convenience (Steve is known to be fond of them), and I guess that 'keeping us at least remotely human(e)' is probably a secondary goal of Steve's that gets expressed this way.

Edit: Semi-ninja'd.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 03, 2015, 07:09:35 pm »

Oh, good, I can behind keeping up appearances. For a moment there I was afraid that we were actualy trying to become the good guys.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 03, 2015, 07:11:33 pm »

Oh, good, I can behind keeping up appearances. For a moment there I was afraid that we were actualy trying to become the good guys.
If that happened I'd have to move a lot quicker than I am.

Not a good thing for anyone.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:05 pm »

I think we do, in a very convoluted way. Perhaps this is the main secret of Steve; forget the 'white-hot truth' and the 'war plans' and whatnot - Steve is a humanitarian at heart! Now that is a secret he would protect over his dead... brainclusters.

(Woohoo, Piecewise's Assassin Squads, long time no see! :P )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 03, 2015, 07:16:09 pm »

"Hey UWM, this amp thing is our fault, so it's our responsibility to help anyone affected by it. You wanna put aside our differences and work together for the benefit of the common people?!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 03, 2015, 07:36:46 pm »

Because we're ARM now, and we want to look pretty for the masses. Unofficially, also probably because we can't stop committing war crimes when we're not supposed to; giving that sort of thing the green light is just asking for us to start committing war crimes squared.

That said, we had an entire mission devoted to kidnapping 50,000 people for inhumane experiments under the guise of helping them. So it's not like we're averse to war crimes for a good cause, we just want to keep it a bit more discrete than the average ARM trooper is probably capable of.
Quote from average prisoner on the sword as he stands over a dead, mutilated body of a civilian "I-I thought that was what we were!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 03, 2015, 08:07:56 pm »

Ok, just heards back from PW. He said the Valkyrie can replace the entire shuttle inventory if we think it's a good move.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 03, 2015, 08:44:38 pm »

what is this valkyrie exactly?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 03, 2015, 08:51:12 pm »

An armed combat transport for getting troops in and out of contested LZs. It has point defense, grenade launcher bays, hexsand+sharkplate armor, and a heavy weapons turret. Main thing it has though is that it is pretty damn fast, so what it can't shoot or tank it can outrun.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: November 03, 2015, 08:59:26 pm »

yeah, lets just upgrade all our shuttles to that.

maybe have a heavy lifting variant too though, just in case we need to steal an alien mech sometime in the future.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:36:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: November 03, 2015, 09:14:39 pm »

On the topic of armory clones, I support it, but we should remember that clones don't have a soul thingy.  Therefore, a lot of space magic may work strangely on clones.

Also, PW generally doesn't want players to be capable of riskless experimentation--he's said that even Heph was supposed to be constantly causing disasters for itself.

Lastly, why not just use flesh sods?  They're trained to do anything told, can probably give good diagnostics, and we have tens of thousands of the buggers.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: November 03, 2015, 09:37:51 pm »

I would like to see if sods go pop when you give them space magic pills...

Nunzillor

« Reply #2053 on: November 03, 2015, 10:01:13 pm »

On the topic of armory clones, I support it, but we should remember that clones don't have a soul thingy.  Therefore, a lot of space magic may work strangely on clones.

Also, PW generally doesn't want players to be capable of riskless experimentation--he's said that even Heph was supposed to be constantly causing disasters for itself.

Lastly, why not just use flesh sods?  They're trained to do anything told, can probably give good diagnostics, and we have tens of thousands of the buggers.
How can an average player acquire a flesh sod?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: November 03, 2015, 11:51:44 pm »

How can an average player acquire a flesh sod?
With tokens. Slave trade, yay!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 155