Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163702 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1950 on: October 26, 2015, 09:56:03 am »

What happens to a photon stream if you remove all of its thermal energy?

would it dissipate? or could you create a cryogenic laser that cools objects down?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 26, 2015, 01:16:57 pm »

Hymm ok, seems that discussion of what to do with sullen moon is being moved here I guess..
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #1952 on: October 26, 2015, 01:35:40 pm »

I would recommend waiting until we do some general testing of the artifact before cutting it up...  We need to determine what it does, exactly, before we can really make an informed decision on the best way to use it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: October 26, 2015, 01:43:23 pm »

I would recommend waiting until we do some general testing of the artifact before cutting it up...  We need to determine what it does, exactly, before we can really make an informed decision on the best way to use it.
yah...then I can have my powdered sugar donuts.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #1954 on: October 27, 2015, 01:06:04 am »

Sure...  As long as you do so alone, in a testing chamber, please.  I remember what happened last time one of your characters ingested an artifact.  I must admit it was entertaining, though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:30:33 am by Nunzillor »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 27, 2015, 08:01:32 am »

Oh, here's a random idea for an uncon weapon, how about electric knuckles? Basically highly insulated gauntlets covered with an electrified mesh, and two spikes that come from the knuckles, allowing for minor penetration capabilities.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 27, 2015, 08:08:21 pm »

Not a bad idea.  Back when I first made the Testament, I designed shock gloves which could punch and grab with variable levels of electricity.

IIRC, the only real problem with the design is that the special gloves plus generator ended up making it cost two tokens--for a melee weapon only effective against mostly-unarmored foes.  Cost might've changed though, especially since the council now exists.  I might redo the design if the Heph thread starts back up (and nobody does it first, of course ;) )

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 27, 2015, 08:15:43 pm »

Hmmm, well, it could be a multi use assasination gauntlet, the palm of the gloves hides a monomatic (do you spell it monoatomatic?) garrotte wire, which can be activated to vibrate or just be used to strangle people, small spiked knuckles allowing for nonlethal tazing and a small syringe on the index finger, allowing for injection of a ton of different poisons.
But I need to start thinking bigger, what kinda Uncon/Exo stuff could be made for over 10 tokens?
Alan help.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 27, 2015, 08:29:59 pm »

Monoatomic seems to be the typical spelling.

That... I don't think that would be a very good armory item.  It has too many different systems, which mostly overlap.  That said, a monoatomic garotte is certainly a good idea... it probably wouldn't work as a typical armory item, but as something provided to Joker teams?  Certainly.  It could also work as a general tool, considering monoatomic bolas can cut through pretty much anything aside from synthflesh, and perhaps some of our newer materials.

Uncon/Exo for over ten tokens?  That's a pretty big range, especially considering how wide uncon is.  Pimpcane battlesuit, kinamp shockwave sword, universal amp/manip, pimpcane titan, glowworm controller (Once we design one...), pimpcane planet... sky's the limit.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 27, 2015, 08:37:44 pm »

Mmm.
Hang on, how far out can you project a forcefield from the projector? Perhaps we could take a leaf from MEs book and have a rotating force field.
Alan help.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 27, 2015, 08:50:48 pm »

i dont remember... did i post my plan for forcefield rotor blades?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 27, 2015, 10:15:10 pm »

IIRC, maximum projection distance is 2.5x the thickness of the projecting material.  However, PW has a bad memory so you may be able to get better than that; Some stuff was made in IRC which had better properties. :\

Generally, though, forcefields are a bad material choice unless you really need their particular traits.  We have another frictionless material, and good armor materials--neither of which explode when destroyed.  Forcefields are also really expensive, which is why we don't have any forcefield armor, despite their phenomenal properties.  You guys are lucky to get forcefield sample containers for free; Those'd probably cost several token each if you had to buy them.

Unholy, you haven't posted them in this thread recently.  Maybe another, but I've read through this one.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 28, 2015, 04:21:52 am »

I had the idea back when sean was discussion his aviation suit.

basically the gist was to use forcefield projectors and air cathment dishes to overcome the power restrictions and friction damage caused by high speed rotations.

you could run a pair of battery drills off of a suit generator indefinately, and because the blades arent made of physical matter the only weight needed to expend energy turning is the two projectors. The blades also wont suffer from abrasion or heat damage due to their non-physicality.

the air catchment dishes are just there to be pushed against in the case of the physical disconnection between the blades and the suit preventing the suit being dragged along normally.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 28, 2015, 04:35:30 am »

Forcefield projectors don't mesh very well with vibrations and motions in general though, tends to damage/destroy the projecting material it seems (though using less powerful shields offsets that, so using it as rotor blades -might- work).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 28, 2015, 04:42:05 am »

It seems we do not have any materials data page in the wiki. A page that would explain properties and current/possible applications of each. Like hexsand, sharkmist, forcefields, icespike, blueradites and whatever else we have. I think such page would be useful for casual and new tinkerers. As well as for those who hear these words and don't know what they mean, but want to learn.

Anyone up for the job?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 155