Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163627 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1920 on: October 21, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »

Tryrar: Kugelblitz (Kugelblob, I recall? ;D) is approved for Armory inclusion.

(Sorry for the long wait.)

Awesome :) And I REFUSE to let them change the name :P(It's German for Ball Lightning FYI)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: October 21, 2015, 05:58:01 pm »

DP To post armory writeup:

6|Kugelblitz GML
Description:A launcher that fires optionally guided mini-missiles, this weapon has true sniping capability with a generous maximum range(out to a few kilometers) and great accuracy even with dumbfire rounds. Comes standard with armor piercing and high explosive rounds, and can be equipped to fire nuclear rounds. Note: guided ammo can do course correction, but doesn't really propel itself, velocity mostly comes from launcher. Armor piercing Mini-missiles can threaten a battlesuit, but 3-4 hits would be needed to reliably kill one.
Stat Restriction:Exoskeleton and +0 STR(and +1 AUX if using guided rounds)
Ammo: 1 token/1 rocket if guided, 1 token/2 rocket if unguided.
Nuke round cost breakdown:
1/16th kiloton - 2 tokens for one guided or unguided/ 3 tokens for two unguided
1/8th kiloton - 3 tokens for one guided or unguided/ 5 tokens for two unguided
1 kiloton and above - X+1 for one guided/ X for one unguided, where X is Armory cost of that nuke.

Can any wiki gnomes check it over and if good, add it to the page?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:00:10 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: October 21, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »

Did my AP Brisant rounds ever get council approval? One token for two, I recall.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: October 21, 2015, 08:31:55 pm »

DP To post armory writeup:

6|Kugelblitz GML
Description:A launcher that fires optionally guided mini-missiles, this weapon has true sniping capability with a generous maximum range(out to a few kilometers) and great accuracy even with dumbfire rounds. Comes standard with armor piercing and high explosive rounds, and can be equipped to fire nuclear rounds. Note: guided ammo can do course correction, but doesn't really propel itself, velocity mostly comes from launcher. Armor piercing Mini-missiles can threaten a battlesuit, but 3-4 hits would be needed to reliably kill one.
Stat Restriction:Exoskeleton and +0 STR(and +1 AUX if using guided rounds)
Ammo: 1 token/1 rocket if guided, 1 token/2 rocket if unguided.
Nuke round cost breakdown:
1/16th kiloton - 2 tokens for one guided or unguided/ 3 tokens for two unguided
1/8th kiloton - 3 tokens for one guided or unguided/ 5 tokens for two unguided
1 kiloton and above - X+1 for one guided/ X for one unguided, where X is Armory cost of that nuke.

Can any wiki gnomes check it over and if good, add it to the page?
Looks good. Adding it to the wiki.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: October 25, 2015, 04:59:04 am »

"Tonight, old man, he did it!
He did it! He did it! I said he would return,
And indeed he did. You thought that he would rue it;
You doubted he'd do it. But now you must admit it
That return he did!"  :P

(Can someone point to Paris's designs in Tinker thread or elsewhere? I couldn't find them with a quick search, and they were among those awaiting armory approval.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: October 25, 2015, 05:25:53 am »

And just as one leaves, another returns.

By the way syv, I asked pw about what to do with Hep on ship a little while ago, could check that if you haven't already.

Oh, and nik, have you taken a look at the various armory stuff I've been making for lately? There's several things in there.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: October 25, 2015, 05:42:21 am »

Eh, could you link/repost summaries (or at least, final tinkering posts)? And have the prices been confirmed (either by Piecewise or the Council)?

I seem to recall the electro-grenades, which were handy, and reasonably priced (for the most of their designing time), but I don't remember how expensive/good they ended up.

(I also recall the shark-limb-vats from before; I think I've still been mulling over them, haven't I? Consider those approved for Armory inclusion as well, in that case. We need more stuff to fill in the "Med" section, and I'm sorry for taking so much time. )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: October 25, 2015, 06:17:24 am »

There is also the artillery shuttle (though therre pw still needs to answer my question about armoring it, but the rest has been ok). Council also seemed ok with my coupon pricing scheme, though I should probably also run by the general ooc and see what people think.

There was also the extended sensor package (needs write up). And booby trap kit. And blaster pistol upgrade (pending response from pw).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 25, 2015, 03:39:59 pm »

From Tinker thread, moved to avoid clogging PW:
a set of hammers spread throughout the demolition target might work, but I think we have better tools for that.
@ marching indoors / over bridges:
even the best of parade ground marching isn't consistant or even enough to cause a resonance problem. the marching limits are about there not being enough space, not resonance. some fragile bridges in olden times also had marching limits simply because that many people stomping at once could break them. which wasn't a resonance thing, it was an impact and weight tolerance thing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 25, 2015, 04:03:11 pm »

Re:Resonance (in Tinker)
If at any point I was taken to be implying that the hammer or other device would have been going at ITS OWN resonant frequency: No.
The idea is to either (experimentally or hardcoded) get a resonant frequency of the thing the device is stuck on, and then up the amplitude as much as possible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 25, 2015, 04:29:30 pm »

If at any point I was taken to be implying that the hammer or other device would have been going at ITS OWN resonant frequency: No.
The idea is to either (experimentally or hardcoded) get a resonant frequency of the thing the device is stuck on, and then up the amplitude as much as possible.
@find resonant freq: that's easy to do
@make hit things at the resonant freq: also easy to do
@it actually doing anything: you need a target that has the same resonant frequency throughout, and that is small enough for the shockwave to come back to the origin so it can actually resonate at all. if you want to affect a large target, you're going to need more than one. if you're hitting hard enough for it to resonate from a single point, you're probably just going to make a hole. I can see it being used as a door opener. but building demolition? no way. the incident you referenced was caused by the wind. which was impacting on the entire bridge evenly for an extended period of time at the resonant frequency. also, newer bridges are designed such that they disrupt any resonances attempting to build up on them. specifically to avoid that. earthquakes? don't be crazy.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 25, 2015, 04:57:47 pm »

@it actually doing anything: you need a target that has the same resonant frequency throughout, and that is small enough for the shockwave to come back to the origin so it can actually resonate at all. if you want to affect a large target, you're going to need more than one. if you're hitting hard enough for it to resonate from a single point, you're probably just going to make a hole. I can see it being used as a door opener. but building demolition? no way. the incident you referenced was caused by the wind. which was impacting on the entire bridge evenly for an extended period of time at the resonant frequency. also, newer bridges are designed such that they disrupt any resonances attempting to build up on them. specifically to avoid that. earthquakes? don't be crazy.
That was OP, I was just running with it.
Hm.  Two-node system, then?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: October 25, 2015, 05:06:34 pm »

think more along the lines of X-node system where X is based on the total size of the target. and even then you need the target to have the same resonant frequency throughout, or close enough to it for it to count. and you need to have physical access to the entire target area. which leads to the question of "Why are you bothering?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: October 25, 2015, 05:23:45 pm »

think more along the lines of X-node system where X is based on the total size of the target. and even then you need the target to have the same resonant frequency throughout, or close enough to it for it to count. and you need to have physical access to the entire target area. which leads to the question of "Why are you bothering?"
Dunno, I thought it sounded cool.
Also, demolition at a later point in time if the resulting device is unnoticeable enough?
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: October 25, 2015, 05:49:51 pm »

unnoticeable
It works by making the target object vibrate itself apart by hitting it with a hammer at a specific tempo for an extended period of time.
stealth tool, this ain't.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 155