Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163596 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1905 on: October 14, 2015, 05:07:34 am »

Come on. Do it. It would be... cool!
aaaaaayyyyyyy

In all seriousness though I'm pretty sure I can't retcon something like that into existence quite yet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 14, 2015, 05:11:33 am »

Come on. Do it. It would be... cool!
aaaaaayyyyyyy

In all seriousness though I'm pretty sure I can't retcon something like that into existence quite yet.
Jesus Xan what is with you and keeping your cards so close to your chest they seem embedded in your ribcage? This stuff even goes on with Alan, I swear I've lost count of the times you've subtly alluded to some sort of overarching plan.

I mean, keep doing that, no-one really does secrets like you do.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 14, 2015, 05:20:10 am »

Now you've given me the idea to give Alan an overarching plan. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

In any case, the sheer frustration I experienced with Xan's multiple deaths and the various long waiting periods waiting for him to be revived both drove me slightly insane and gave me ample time to examine his backstory as stated by me and truly plan for the future from an IC perspective.
That plus I know something not many other people do which lets me plan in a direction both unexpected and totally obvious in hindsight.

Seriously once I pull this off y'all gonna be smacking your foreheads going 'so that's what he was alluding to all this time holy shit how did I not see that?'
S'gonna be great.
Just be prepared to wait possibly several IRL years.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1908 on: October 14, 2015, 05:22:37 am »

So essentially you are attributing your plan to clone-induced brain damage?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 14, 2015, 05:28:12 am »

Kinda, in the sense that Xan being cloned damaged my brain because I kept having to get it redone and after a while I started questioning why I/Xan (I kinda started mixing mindsets at some point) was even still doing stuff in the game, why he/I even still struggled to stay alive and capable of agency.

And then it hit me. The truth. The real reason Xan does things. The underlying motivation behind his every action ever taken, whether he and I knew it or not.

I've been working towards that goal ever since. Got checklists and alternate plans in case one element fails and everything. Benefits of obsession.
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 14, 2015, 05:30:04 am »

Kinda, in the sense that Xan being cloned damaged my brain because I kept having to get it redone and after a while I started questioning why I/Xan (I kinda started mixing mindsets at some point) was even still doing stuff in the game, why he/I even still struggled to stay alive and capable of agency.

And then it hit me. The truth. The real reason Xan does things. The underlying motivation behind his every action ever taken, whether he and I knew it or not.

I've been working towards that goal ever since. Got checklists and alternate plans in case one element fails and everything. Benefits of obsession.
That's the funny thing with method acting.
And apparently mild OCD.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 14, 2015, 05:36:07 am »

That's the funny thing with method acting.
And apparently mild OCD.
Yep. When I have no plan for what I'm doing, I flail about with great calamity resulting from my failures, and it is amusing. When I'm trying to seem like I have a plan but really don't I still fail with great calamity (I did this a lot back when I was on my first Xan iteration). When I realize what I want to do, I make damn sure I do it.
Hopefully.

Now then, I must sleep and meditate on the essence of Alan. I've gotten stuck in a bit of a rut with him and I need knowledge of his character to know how to proceed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:47:33 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 14, 2015, 05:48:10 am »

I suppose I theoretically could enter into a Heph position, only problem is it doesn't let me level up which I need.

All depends on what I learn after the current mission - I'll be sticking around for a ... bit at least afterward.
And suppose that happens, what could you do for Hep? Just curious what you'd like to/be able to do. Artifact testing? Paperwork? Equipment R&D?
Paperwork of course! Look at all of "Vanessa"'s arms! Think of how much paperwork she could fill!
Just you wait until I get all of them fitted with kinetic amps (don't you fail on me m21). Then the wombo combo will truly get started.
Why wait? It's perfectly reasonable to request elemental infusers loaded with cold for your current mission, and you could infuse all your limbs with supernatural cold so that any teammates who need replacements will get a limb that can help rob the thermophage of heat. And if you happen to survive, well, hey, you've got a whole load of supercooling limbs...
Because I'm already on mission, didn't think of that, and didn't wanna waste my tokens when I need to save them up for some items I need for future plans of mysterious vagueness.
Can't you just claim it as a mission expense though? I mean, you're standing on the planet where they make that stuff, protecting it from something that will prevent it from making that stuff.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 14, 2015, 12:26:19 pm »

But that would require effort!

In any case Auron's getting stuff.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 14, 2015, 01:29:43 pm »

Hey here's some stuff ready either for approval or disapproval. Could use some help making the descriptions better.

Spoiler: Transforming Multitool (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Welder combo (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 16, 2015, 08:15:41 pm »

My major idea was that it would be people doing experiments. But they very rarely do fun experiments. They just yell increasingly granular questions at the universe.  Sean had the right idea with his testing that involved explosions, but it's really hard to insert any sort of mad science fun when you guys just throw 10 item bulleted lists at me every time.
So in other words, we need to do more penetration testing, except on random magical artifacts, using random magical artifacts with the hopes of conjuring some sort of eldritch horror that impales everything in the area as it obtains sustenance through penetration testing?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 17, 2015, 03:16:42 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 21, 2015, 05:38:21 pm »

Since I'm probably not going to be long in charge of Heph Armory Approval, let's just go on it right now! While no one is looking here.

NAV: Both Transforming Multitool and Welder Combo are approved for Armory inclusion.

Parisbre: I... couldn't find write-ups or prices on those two. Could you link them or otherwise give a short summary&price? Otherwise, the ideas themselves appear very sound, it'll probably be a matter of price.

Anyone else awaiting approval: It's a great time for you to remind me of your projects pending approval!

Radio Controlled (despite hoping he won't come here and ruin everyone's item approval party - come on, we can pretend there was a chance of it!): Nope, not going to let the approval step die down. Okay with allowing it to happen in meta-time from now on, though (at least, as long as I am still in charge of the matter).
I will turn over this duty to the next person assigned to Hephaestus staff as responsible for this, and I will instruct him/her on the matter the way PyroDesu explained it to me. But I will not let this completely go away/die. "Not on my watch." Blame Pyro for impressing the importance of that last step on me. :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 21, 2015, 05:41:23 pm »

Since I'm probably not going to be long in charge of Heph Armory Approval, let's just go on it right now! While no one is looking here.

NAV: Both Transforming Multitool and Welder Combo are approved for Armory inclusion.

Parisbre: I... couldn't find write-ups or prices on those two. Could you link them or otherwise give a short summary&price? Otherwise, the ideas themselves appear very sound, it'll probably be a matter of price.

Anyone else awaiting approval: It's a great time for you to remind me of your projects pending approval!

Radio Controlled (despite hoping he won't come here and ruin everyone's item approval party - come on, we can pretend there was a chance of it!): Nope, not going to let the approval step die down. Okay with allowing it to happen in meta-time from now on, though (at least, as long as I am still in charge of the matter).
I will turn over this duty to the next person assigned to Hephaestus staff as responsible for this, and I will instruct him/her on the matter the way PyroDesu explained it to me. But I will not let this completely go away/die. "Not on my watch." Blame Pyro for impressing the importance of that last step on me. :P

Well, Kugelblitz has been in limbo for a month now waiting final Hep approval
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 21, 2015, 05:45:08 pm »

Tryrar: Kugelblitz (Kugelblob, I recall? ;D) is approved for Armory inclusion.

(Sorry for the long wait.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 155