Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163607 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1890 on: October 09, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »

Do I need to get equipment variants approved by Maurice? Cause I've got the escape pod variant of the Braincase Mobility System and the Multi-Ammo Gauss magazine (MAGMa).

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 09, 2015, 01:34:15 pm »

Yep. Remind me when/if Maurice's back to Hephaestus.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1892 on: October 09, 2015, 07:35:56 pm »

Speaking of which, I noticed we still do not have the tele-frag (get it? because it teleports grenades) gun in the armoury. I'll write an entry about that too if you get back or we get a replacement Hephaestus admin.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 12, 2015, 07:37:31 am »

Probably not in yet because pw never gave us a real write-up himself. Did he ever give a cost?

And I do wonder what to do about Hep if Maurice does bite the dust. Do a recruitment drive to fill its ranks? Or let it go and have it run in the background via gm proxy?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1894 on: October 12, 2015, 09:17:11 am »

Probably not in yet because pw never gave us a real write-up himself. Did he ever give a cost?

And I do wonder what to do about Hep if Maurice does bite the dust. Do a recruitment drive to fill its ranks? Or let it go and have it run in the background via gm proxy?
I've asked about it in the tinker thread. I'll go hunt for those quotes when someone is there to receive that info.

But basically, it relies on some sort of vibration effect and can teleport things as long as they are not too large, complex or made out of many different materials (because then the vibrations fail for some reason, probably interference. Might want to look into if that extremely good vibrator we have can help with that. Maybe vibrator bullets could vibrate easily enough to allow them to be used on space combat to bypass defensive automanips). It can transport small things small distances with relative ease, but it requires someone smart/good with calculations to operate it because it's rather complex. As size, distance and complexity get larger, it requires more and more energy, meaning that it could potentially run better out of a more powerful generator if one is available (hook it up to a battlesuit or other vehicle) or utilise existing power sources (like blue-rad cells or laser rifle batteries).

However, we currently lack the levels of power necessary to make them feasible for long range transport or space-ship combat. The energy they need at that point is probably better spent on a laser. One exception is Void Ships (or maybe automated Void Mines, if they would be more efficient). Those near-invisible automanipulator-drive-equipped ships can easily get in teleport range of another vessel and than either bypass its armour and fill it with explosives or other nasty chemicals or, if we can get the teleporter to work with sufficiently advanced robots or create a swarm of small, easily-teleportable robots, try to take over the ship. And, assuming our space magic factory is finally up and running, we can now start pumping them out in bulk, since we have those people we captured on the Q'baja diplomacy mission and whatever genetic material we have requested from Q'baja.

One of the things we haven't tested is if automanipulators and other space magic can be transferred, so that one can fire a grav-shell with it, bypassing armour. We could also check if we can impart momentum on things, so it can act as a sort of telefrag shotgun (instead of having to teleport a rock in someone's brain, you teleport a rock that breaks up like a shotgun blast close to someone's brain).

And sure, if they don't make it, we could just recruit any people who want to go there instead of going on mission. I'm certain we could find a few tinker addicts if we searched around the trashcans outside the Wrec Room.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:19:33 am by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 12, 2015, 10:47:48 am »

As I said earlier, thankfully syvarris should be coming back, so there would be at least a certain minimal amount of continuity/legitimacy between the "old" staff and "new" staff. Hell, you could call on to Sean to help with the transition effort.

(But that's if people still want to roleplay it. If not, and the player community just would prefer to give up on Hephaestus diversion as a whole... Well, to be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that. Any changes I could introduce to the system would all die with Maurice, and I don't even know if I would want to continue playing "scientist characters" (working on Hephaestus), so, all in all, we had a good run, and to fold up now is just as good time as any.)

In regards to other stuff - sorry, my character's currently on an "unpaid vacation". I'll look into the matter if he survives enough and keeps the job somehow. Neither of which is remotely close to being guaranteed. Heads up. ;D
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 14, 2015, 02:54:34 am »

I suppose I theoretically could enter into a Heph position, only problem is it doesn't let me level up which I need.

All depends on what I learn after the current mission - I'll be sticking around for a ... bit at least afterward.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 14, 2015, 03:03:54 am »

I suppose I theoretically could enter into a Heph position, only problem is it doesn't let me level up which I need.

All depends on what I learn after the current mission - I'll be sticking around for a ... bit at least afterward.

And suppose that happens, what could you do for Hep? Just curious what you'd like to/be able to do. Artifact testing? Paperwork? Equipment R&D?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 14, 2015, 03:06:32 am »

Probably artifact testing or somesuch if I ever actually fully transition over to Heph. It makes sense IC given Xan's extensive experience with blowing up shit with alien shit/becoming blowing up alien shit/being blew up by alien shit, and I like the artifact system we have going - I think it'll be the one thing that'll really give us an advantage against the full industrial might of the UWM. They have sheer manpower, so we go for esoteric shit.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 14, 2015, 03:52:46 am »

And suppose that happens, what could you do for Hep? Just curious what you'd like to/be able to do. Artifact testing? Paperwork? Equipment R&D?
Paperwork of course! Look at all of "Vanessa"'s arms! Think of how much paperwork she could fill!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 14, 2015, 03:55:45 am »

Paperwork of course! Look at all of "Vanessa"'s arms! Think of how much paperwork she could fill!
Just you wait until I get all of them fitted with kinetic amps (don't you fail on me m21). Then the wombo combo will truly get started.
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 14, 2015, 04:08:25 am »

Just you wait until I get all of them fitted with kinetic amps (don't you fail on me m21). Then the wombo combo will truly get started.
ORAORAORAORAORA
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 14, 2015, 04:13:48 am »

Why wait? It's perfectly reasonable to request elemental infusers loaded with cold for your current mission, and you could infuse all your limbs with supernatural cold so that any teammates who need replacements will get a limb that can help rob the thermophage of heat. And if you happen to survive, well, hey, you've got a whole load of supercooling limbs...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 14, 2015, 05:01:41 am »

ORAORAORAORAORA
Exactly. And unlike Dio, I'm literally composed of arms so I can do that with like 50 times the speed!

Why wait? It's perfectly reasonable to request elemental infusers loaded with cold for your current mission, and you could infuse all your limbs with supernatural cold so that any teammates who need replacements will get a limb that can help rob the thermophage of heat. And if you happen to survive, well, hey, you've got a whole load of supercooling limbs...
Because I'm already on mission, didn't think of that, and didn't wanna waste my tokens when I need to save them up for some items I need for future plans of mysterious vagueness.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1904 on: October 14, 2015, 05:05:18 am »

Come on. Do it. It would be... cool!
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 155