Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163895 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1680 on: July 14, 2015, 05:02:03 pm »

Preliminary write-up for sharkmist vat:

sharkmist vat
It’s a big vat of sharkmist that can grow any limb or organ, but one vat can only grow 1 thing, and it can only be ‘programmed’ once. Limbs can be made to be usable on both sides of a body however. Usable for both people and robobodies (same kind of limbs can be used for both). 10 tokens, can grow unlimited number of the programmed object, but it needs organic material to refill itself, and it takes a while to grow the items. Needs exoskeleton to carry, battlesuit-level strength is better. Limbs/organs can be grown on-ship and taken on mission, though one should check with pw to the limit one can grow like this. Try not to spill it on the ground, though the sharkmist is modified not to give a grey goo scenario. Nevertheless, bathing in the vat is ill-advised and voids the non-existent warranty.

Thoughts? Nik, what would Maurice say?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 14, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »

Useful, but possibly far too expensive and very situational. Though that might be in comparison to the previous write-up; how much 'bigger' are we talking about here? Presuming the earlier design could produce roughly arm-sized objects, from the initial idea.

ADD: "Brisant" grenades are approved for Armory inclusion as default hand grenades. Mostly because that was planned from the very beginning (and This Would Simus Do), and there is yet to be proved evidence of their inefficiency compared to old ones, while the compatibility is already recognised and lauded. (And no one forces to buy them instead of AM-design hand grenades, for example.)

ADD-2: Checked the IRC logs. That was the best recommendation anyone ever has given me, Devastator. :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:36:13 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: July 15, 2015, 09:06:09 am »

Useful, but possibly far too expensive and very situational. Though that might be in comparison to the previous write-up; how much 'bigger' are we talking about here? Presuming the earlier design could produce roughly arm-sized objects, from the initial idea.

How is it situational? It's applicable in every situation where somebody not a robot overlord loses a limb. Also, there was no real definite previous write-up, far as I remember. True about high price, but that's for getting practically infinite limbs, and several people have voiced interest in collaborating to buy it. If 5 people pinch in 4 tokens each, that's the 20 tokens needed for both arms and legs.

Also, anyone mind if I add goop grenades to the armory? they were (successfully) used during M19, I believe they got 6 for 2 tokens. Any objections Nik?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:18:24 am by Radio Controlled »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 15, 2015, 09:35:17 am »

Goop grenades, 6 for 2 tokens, i.e. 3-pack for a singe token...
Let's say those are Brisant-compatible and that's fine by me.

I meant I thought the limb-vat cost something like 4-token-ish; I might have misremembered that.
I still don't know about what real use this has over free and better limbs from the armory (unless you make it so yours come armored), so I'll think about it for some time, if you don't mind. We're not in a hurry to make it available for this mission, are we?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 15, 2015, 09:41:46 am »

Hey, don't just make my things compatible with other things! I mean of course I don't mind, and compatibility was already approved by PW IIRC (cause it makes a lot of sense), but y'know, don't assume too much, or Darth Vader force chokes us.

Anyway, I'll go add it once I've written it up.

4 tokens? What?

The use is because limbs aren't free, so if you wanna replace limbs in the field, you need to buy them:

from armory:
4-5 | Surgical Tools
Ammo: N/A, prosthetic purchased seperately
Description: Allows the user to install prosthetics on injured teammates! Medical skill isn't required, but is recommended if you want actually want it to function.
Limbs - 1 token each
Basic version: your standard limb, as seen in the infirmary
Light version: a much thinner version that's easier to carry and conceal, but which is significantly weaker. About 5 pounds, and 10 inches long when folded, not very big around. Developed by Skylar for Black-Ops [1]
Heart - 1 Token
Lungs - 1 token each

Does it make sense now?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 15, 2015, 10:07:09 am »

hey radio on the subject of limbs, do you wanna buy one of my limb regenerating tusks for 1 token so you can ship it off to hep in the hopes of making field "limb regrowth" kits?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 15, 2015, 10:10:30 am »

hey radio on the subject of limbs, do you wanna buy one of my limb regenerating tusks for 1 token so you can ship it off to hep in the hopes of making field "limb regrowth" kits?

Hmm, maybe. What exactly does it do, and how does it do it (as far as you know)?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:33 am »

Hmm, maybe. What exactly does it do, and how does it do it (as far as you know)?
You stick it into an open wound so it can bond to the bone, then flesh grows around it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1688 on: July 15, 2015, 10:36:03 am »

Another idea: Monoatomic forcefield penetrator crossbow bolts. Or maybe monoatomic forcefield penetrator gauss rounds.
EDIT: Oh, and maybe make something like the sliding blade mechanism Dubley made for Flint or at least a sheath standard for forceblades?

@UP: Did you ever discover what the different colour of the skin means?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:45:59 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 15, 2015, 12:00:07 pm »

It wasnt so much different colour skin so much as cobwebs in the flesh.

But no, that needs investigation and i lack the medical expertise to figure it out.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 15, 2015, 04:01:19 pm »

Oh, and yes, Sharkmist Armor is approved for Armory inclusion. Of course it is, but it never got a proper admission, from what I know.
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 15, 2015, 04:52:39 pm »

You stick it into an open wound so it can bond to the bone, then flesh grows around it.

Hmm, I dunno. It could potentially be useful, but only for fleshies, and with cheap limbs from the sharkmist vat it might not really fill a niche. So for now, no, but if you can gather more data or if it turns out to have extra functionality, I'd be willing to reconsider.

Hep peeps, please remember to get your shipping manifests in order!

Also, do you guys want the friable wish pills? If yes, how many, and can you promise you'll use them?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:57:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1692 on: July 15, 2015, 05:10:28 pm »

Other idea: Sharkmist is made for construction.
Make a sharkmist probe that can turn a planet to a forge world, or at least the skeleton of one.
Launch it at a carbon rich planet.
???
Profit.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 15, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »

Hmm, I dunno. It could potentially be useful, but only for fleshies, and with cheap limbs from the sharkmist vat it might not really fill a niche. So for now, no, but if you can gather more data or if it turns out to have extra functionality, I'd be willing to reconsider.
We for starters sharkmist isnt nearly as good for people who want to keep their fleshy body "pure" for genemods and metamorphosis pills.

Theres also the option of using little discs of salubrious border to reconnect limbs in the field instead of carrying them around or attaching replacements.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 15, 2015, 10:26:31 pm »

Ok, with the response back from the council on general guidlines for cheap missiles, here's the Kugelblitz GML take 3:

Kugelblitz GML

Skill Requirements:Exoskeleton strength and +0 aux(can be omitted for dumfire rockets)

The Kugelblitz GML is a missile launcher that fires short-ranged 60mm guided and unguided rockets using a Gauss assist out to a range of approximately 500 meters. It comes with a combined radar/lidar targeting suite as well as a manual radio-optical mode for indirect fire(using a built in thumbstick on the grip to steer the rocket). The rockets come in frag/HE, incendiary, as well as AP standard, with the following options at an extra cost:

Thunderhead HEAT:A lengthened rocket with 120mm armor-piercing warhead stuck on front(the warhead sticks out of the launcher). While it has more fuel than a standard rocket, the extra heavy warhead means it doesn't actually have an increased range, but it packs a hell of a heavier punch.

Inferno warhead:An incendiary warhead using the same principle as the Thunderhead(extra-heavy warhead on a misisle long enough that the warhead sticks out the front)

Nuke: An extra heavy-duty missile that again uses the principle of the Thunderhead to stick a nuke on a misile body. In this case, the missile is given enough fuel to reach out to around a kilometer(or more with a ballistic trajectory)

Extended-Range missile:A standard warhead stuck on a lengthened missile for those reach out and touch them situations.

Grav-shell:In cooperation with the AM, this is able to launch her special grav-shell rounds

All missile options can also be simple dumbfire rounds for a reduced price.

So, can the council look at this and see what these cost?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:27:52 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 155