Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163977 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1485 on: June 26, 2015, 06:34:45 pm »

Dester, Spazyak, and anyone else interested or potentially interested in buying a vat, let's move this discussion to the normal OOC thread, as I don't think it's Hephaestus-related enough to belong on this one.
You shouldn't.
Why not, Come on! Join the fun!
I'm just pointing out that both Henk and Zoltan (them, not real OOC you) are/were a bit irrational. And by "a bit irrational" I mean "completely and utterly incapable of rational thought".

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 26, 2015, 06:37:00 pm »

Hey! ZOltan was rational a bit, I kinda forgot about his skills that lead to his death,
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: June 26, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »

Hey! ZOltan was rational a bit, I kinda forgot about his skills that lead to his death,
He had a -2 in Medical and he tried to set a broken arm, rather than asking a competent person for help. He rolled a 1.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 26, 2015, 06:50:49 pm »

He had a -2 in Medical and he tried to set a broken arm, rather than asking a competent person for help. He rolled a 1.
I forgot my stats, and straightening oyur arm out so that it isn't in quite as awkward of an angle isn't that hard.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 26, 2015, 07:08:00 pm »

I forgot my stats, and straightening oyur arm out so that it isn't in quite as awkward of an angle isn't that hard.
Setting a bone isn't exactly child's play, and it's probably incredibly difficult for someone who has no medical knowledge.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 26, 2015, 07:09:13 pm »

Setting a bone isn't exactly child's play, and it's probably incredibly difficult for someone who has no medical knowledge.
yah, Guess I am used to knowing how thanks to my mother.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 26, 2015, 09:11:00 pm »

@Corsair

The integrated weapon variant that Nik mentioned is the 2PEW variant Sean's working on.  It would implant a large laser blaster thing* in each forearm, at the cost of removing all implanted melee options, and weakening the arms.  It's a great option (although I'd still prefer mobility), but the council has basically vetoed it for (poorly thought out >.>) reasons.  You can wait for it, but it might not ever exist, so that's probably not a good plan.

*"Blaster thing" means Penetrating Energy Weapon.  It's a High Energy Projector modified to be able to fire a beam rather than a cone.  This beam can penetrate a battlesuit's armor in one shot, although not an assaultsuit's.  Or it can do standard HEP cone shots.  Infinite ammo, but can only fire once every minute.  Since the suit includes two, you can fire one shot egery thirty seconds.

The difference between analog and MMI interfaces is minor.  The MMI makes the cockpit negligibly roomier, and lets you keep your limb inside the central armor ball, rather than inside the suit's less-armored limbs.  Since your brain is directly hooked up to the suit, you can operate it at perfect efficiency even if you have no limbs.  It also lets you send texts with your mind, even when outside the suit.

Disadvantages of the MMI version are that it takes up an amp slot, meaning you can only have two rather than three, and that allies who don't have an MMI can't pilot it.  That might be considered a feature though, because it means it is entirely impossible for an enemy to hijack your assaultsuit.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:15 pm »

@Corsair

The integrated weapon variant that Nik mentioned is the 2PEW variant Sean's working on.  It would implant a large laser blaster thing* in each forearm, at the cost of removing all implanted melee options, and weakening the arms.  It's a great option (although I'd still prefer mobility), but the council has basically vetoed it for (poorly thought out >.>) reasons.  You can wait for it, but it might not ever exist, so that's probably not a good plan.

*"Blaster thing" means Penetrating Energy Weapon.  It's a High Energy Projector modified to be able to fire a beam rather than a cone.  This beam can penetrate a battlesuit's armor in one shot, although not an assaultsuit's.  Or it can do standard HEP cone shots.  Infinite ammo, but can only fire once every minute.  Since the suit includes two, you can fire one shot egery thirty seconds.

The difference between analog and MMI interfaces is minor.  The MMI makes the cockpit negligibly roomier, and lets you keep your limb inside the central armor ball, rather than inside the suit's less-armored limbs.  Since your brain is directly hooked up to the suit, you can operate it at perfect efficiency even if you have no limbs.  It also lets you send texts with your mind, even when outside the suit.

Disadvantages of the MMI version are that it takes up an amp slot, meaning you can only have two rather than three, and that allies who don't have an MMI can't pilot it.  That might be considered a feature though, because it means it is entirely impossible for an enemy to hijack your assaultsuit.
Is it possible to have an MMI and control the assault suit from somewhere else? If so, could an ally have an MMI, not use it, and then take control of the assault suit if you were unconscious/dead?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1493 on: June 26, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »

@Corsair

Is it possible to have an MMI and control the assault suit from somewhere else? If so, could an ally have an MMI, not use it, and then take control of the assault suit if you were unconscious/dead?
I think MMI connects to the assault suit via a plug at the back of your head, matrix style, so you need to actually be in the suit to control it. You should theoretically be able to remote control it if you made some sort of transmitter, but then you'd have the problem that you'd be unable to move your original body. Plus probably limited range. And the fact that piecewise usually doesn't like us remote controlling stuff without using Aux and without being on the same planet as them.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 26, 2015, 10:39:00 pm »

@Corsair

I think MMI connects to the assault suit via a plug at the back of your head, matrix style, so you need to actually be in the suit to control it. You should theoretically be able to remote control it if you made some sort of transmitter, but then you'd have the problem that you'd be unable to move your original body. Plus probably limited range. And the fact that piecewise usually doesn't like us remote controlling stuff without using Aux and without being on the same planet as them.
That's unfortunate. Would it be possible to give the suit a simple AI to use if you died? I like assault/battle suits in general, but if you get knocked out or killed they're just several tons of dead weight, and you'll have to leave it behind and lose 15 tokens worth of equipment because someone got a lucky shot.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 26, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »

@Corsair

Actually, the Council has only vetoed mass production at the moment, since the only problem is pricing. They have no power over prototypes. Anton will still create a prototype and send it to the Sword, as trade for the Pyramid Artifact that he'll need in his research to improve on the PEW.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 27, 2015, 01:10:39 am »

@RC: I can't think of anything to add. If you can do the formal writeup for the Medibox that would be nice.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 27, 2015, 02:51:07 am »

@Corsair

Actually, the Council has only vetoed mass production at the moment, since the only problem is pricing. They have no power over prototypes. Anton will still create a prototype and send it to the Sword, as trade for the Pyramid Artifact that he'll need in his research to improve on the PEW.

'It's far too cheap'

That's okay, I'll just give it away for free, then.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 27, 2015, 02:58:22 am »

@Corsair

This integrated variant sounds interesting I would definitely look into it especially if I could talk with you and get a customised version.

'It's far too cheap'

Ill happily take a freebie  :P
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 27, 2015, 03:14:59 am »

@Corsair

'It's far too cheap'

Well, you're taking too long to decide on something worthwhile, and since I consider the design at least as balanced as existing gear, I see no problem with putting it through trials. Like I said earlier, either change all gear to this new balancing system of yours, or stop hammering down on new hardware.

Consider this a mutiny. :P (Or a vote of no confidence, or an impeachment, whichever works for you. :P)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 155