Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164333 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #735 on: March 04, 2015, 04:32:47 am »

Don't worry, I'm ostensibly on your side!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:29 am »

It's probably no secret that the Doctor still has some Altered DNA kicking around somewhere (even before the Ivan incident.)  Reengineer it so it can't achieve spaceflight, then drop it on a particularly troublesome planet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 04, 2015, 10:26:59 am »

Assuming you don't take a super long time to tell us, we won't be able to act anyway, since the Heph thread is frozen.  Plus, we need to be told about Xan before we can do anything anyway.

I'll send the message IC as soon as I can. Kinda wanna have M17 fully wrapped first though, but that shouldn't take long.

What is your... authority, compared to us?  Do you have an equivalent vote to the Heph heads, or do you have executive power thanks to being the General?

I could overrule Simus when he was solely in charge, so I kinda think it'd be the second. Though I preferably don't outright overrule whenever possible.

I'm starting to wonder if we even should bother with recreating fleshwarp powers, now that we have sharkmist which can do much of the same things (but seems to be more reliable, and is available for practical applications right now).

It seems you have outlived your usefulness xan. You know what that means!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:38:20 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 04, 2015, 10:32:17 am »

I'm starting to wonder if we even should bother with recreating fleshwarp powers, now that we have sharkmist which can do much of the same things (but seems to be more reliable, and is available for practical applications right now).

As a side note, if we are to have any sort of public image at all, it might be a good idea to distance ourselves from not only the UWM, but also the Altered, as much as possible.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 04, 2015, 11:58:07 am »

Time for me to suicide flesh nuke Hephaestus, wrecking most of your infrastructure and maybe killing some of you before I either go down or go STAN again?
Sig! Onol

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 04, 2015, 12:40:01 pm »

Time for me to suicide flesh nuke Hephaestus, wrecking most of your infrastructure and maybe killing some of you before I either go down or go STAN again?
You do kinda need to wake up first.

Although at the same time, we do also sort of want to find out what effect do our shiny new mindfuck cannons have on living fleshwarp anomalies.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 04, 2015, 12:48:26 pm »

Yep.
Honestly though I just wanna do crazy shit like make an army of Sods that can shift their appearance to any human shown to them in a picture or something to make stand-ins or infiltration runs and stuff.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 04, 2015, 03:21:45 pm »

So, you know that troll science thing where someone powers a sailboat using a fan? And how it obviously wouldn't work because of equal and opposite reactions.

Well, what if one were to use a kinetic amp instead of a fan, because kinetic amps don't provide an equal and opposite reaction. The kinamp would have to be modified to provide less force over a longer period of time for it to work.

If we put one on some sort of striker mechanism, it could be used as a motor, though it would probably be outclassed by conventional motors in most cases.
It might be very useful for melee combat because it could amplify the force of blades, including monoblades. Or you could even use it to power a club, then put kinetic amps on the club for even more power.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 04, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

If you can find a way to make the one where you can go at light speed by pointing a flashlight behind you and tuning it on that'd be pretty baller.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #744 on: March 04, 2015, 04:09:03 pm »

Troll science: Light always travels at the speed of light relative to everything else. Therefore, you are always travelling at the speed of light relative to light. Problem solved.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 04, 2015, 04:21:06 pm »

Oh! Oh! Sticking fire in a freezer to have a reheatable fire is a thing in troll science, so why not stick an exploding nuclear bomb in a super freezer that freezes the explosion as soon as it goes off so you can have throwable nuclear explosions?
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 04, 2015, 04:31:39 pm »

The biggest problem with the kin. Amp motor is that they (probably) use soul batteries, rather than electricity.  It might be cheaper to just propel your craft using an automanip.

PW has said that very large automanips have a self-replenishing supply of souls.  I should really look into using one as a soul generator, and try to figure out what the maximum energy density we can obtain with souls is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 04, 2015, 04:44:52 pm »

I like how you're more curious as to how to use it for maximum energy production that into the mechanics of a self-fueling soul engine.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 04, 2015, 04:49:57 pm »

Reality is getting destroyed because of space magic? Better ramp it up to industrial-scale processes.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 04, 2015, 04:54:07 pm »

Now you're thinking with eldritch.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 155