Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164332 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2015, 05:31:07 pm »

@Radio

Oh, I kinda remember that post.  I forgot the exact power levels, I guess.

I had thought that a laser rifle with the output of a cutting laser was effectively a burner; I thought they were already running at maximum safe output.  But, if you can get something that's cheap with that power, then all of my points are basically irrelevant.

@Xan

I'd be happy to wake you up, then enslave you and use you to clone even more sods for us.  Better yet, wipe your brain and turn it into wetware that we can control with AUX.

Alternatively, I have been planning on messing with the fleshhorror flesh we still have on ice; maybe we could create organic sharkmist with that instead.  If so, we can just incinerate you instead of keeping you on ice.

Of course, my opinion is only 20-25% of the authority on Heph, so you have a chance. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:28 pm »

organic sharkmist
Isn't sharkmist already organic? Or do you mean sharkmist that looks more like human flesh?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2015, 05:48:13 pm »

*stress intensifies*
Do note that I will take drastic measures if pushed. Things just got changed up majorly in a game I've been in for upwards of 2 years and I'm still riding the adrenaline wave.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 03, 2015, 05:53:35 pm »

Is that in any way connected with what the lost data contained? Or something else?
Because if that is reasoned with IC knowledge that can be shared, that'd be worth a lot. In my personal/IC opinion, of course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2015, 07:48:40 pm »

Hep peeps, Miya is gonna send a message to you guys soon when he gets IC knowledge about the xan situation to inform you of what happened, so perhaps wait woth defrosting until then if possible.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 03, 2015, 07:56:41 pm »

*stress intensifies*
Do note that I will take drastic measures if pushed. Things just got changed up majorly in a game I've been in for upwards of 2 years and I'm still riding the adrenaline wave.
If you are on ice, what drastic measures could you possibly take?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 03, 2015, 07:57:26 pm »

*stress intensifies*
If you are on ice, what drastic measures could you possibly take?
If they wake me up and try to enslave me, I mean.
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:47 pm »

@Radio

Assuming you don't take a super long time to tell us, we won't be able to act anyway, since the Heph thread is frozen.  Plus, we need to be told about Xan before we can do anything anyway.

What is your... authority, compared to us?  Do you have an equivalent vote to the Heph heads, or do you have executive power thanks to being the General?

@Everyone

Can we please have an IC meeting when we receive the news?  I really want to roleplay Saint's opinions on the situation.  He'd be practically terrified.

@Xan

Really, we're not terribly likely to truly enslave you.  I'd personally just want to experiment long enough to re-create your powers, and then get rid of you.  Xan is an exceedingly dangerous intelligence in Saint's eyes, so keeping him alive longer than necessary would be unwise.

Seriously though, it would be completely illogical in-character for us to let Xan live.  People might decide to let that slide to be nice to you OOC, but you shouldn't be surprised if Xan gets killed off.  I'd recommend thinking about a new character.  If you want, I could share one of my own ideas, since I'm unlikely to ever use them.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:22 pm »

I have a character far worse than Xan could ever hope to be ready if he dies. Parsibre knows who I'm talking about.
And I do have a proposal that'll help with my living - and maybe this time I'll be able to survive long enough to actually make a clone on another planet like I've planned to do this whole time without exploding into an uncontrollable ball of flesh like I do anytime I do anything. Once I have more than one clone planted elsewhere I won't have to deal with the Heph staff wanting to kill me.

I mean, imagine if anytime you wanted to Tinker up a new gun or suit or whatever it turns into a huge blob of nanobots that kills you and eats everything in the vicinity before getting EMP'd.
Without fail. And every time this happens you have to wait quite a while until you're put back together and can tinker again, which can take upwards of 80 days. Can get quite frustrating.
Note I'm somewhat stressed due to RL factors right now so this might be somewhat antagonistic. Apologies if it is.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:55:35 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2015, 11:23:58 pm »

It's fine, you don't seem any more antagonistic than I'd expect, considering I basically threatened to kill a long time character.  I feel kinda bad about that, but I'm being honest.

I can understand how frustrating that would be for you, especially seeing as every time it happens, everybody gets completely terrified of you. 

Still, the issue remains that Xan has effected a number of horrifying catastrophies, and generally bears a massive similarity to the Altered, which everyone is essentially taught to be terrified of from birth.  Quite frankly, he's lucky that he's lived this long, considering the continual volatility of his amps and his powers.  People have already been extremely nice to you, by having their characters essentially turn a blind eye to him.

Other people might decide to let Xan live, but I personally will not have Saint completely ignore everything Xan does, just for you.

(Besides, if you have a more interesting character lined up, it might make the game more fun!)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2015, 11:51:37 pm »

Oh true. If Xan does get killed I'm relatively fine with it, truth be told, since the destruction Alan would inevitably reap would be far more than I could ever accomplish as Xan - but I do have a plan to make keeping Xan alive valuable IC that doesn't involve some characters turning a blind eye towards what I've done (though Simus never actually put me on the shipping list of things going to the Sword from Heph, I just hitched a ride on the shuttle).
In the end, whatever will happen is whatever will happen.
And stuff.
I'm not too coherent right now on account of tiredness so I'll just say it'll all work itself out, Heph gets a flesh army out of myself, and once I get a clone or two on some different planets I can be a bit more experimental with my actions.
Plus when the new dice system goes through I can structure it so that I'm not constantly exploding when ever I do anything! :D

And even if I permadie doing something stupid I can guarantee that I'm at least deliberately triggering it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:54:34 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 04, 2015, 01:10:26 am »

To be fair, this incident had no gameplay impact since Auron's actions pretty much nullified it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #732 on: March 04, 2015, 03:20:18 am »

Infect the sods with cells of yours programmed to transform the sods into Xans when they die. It will be a zombie xanpocalypse, a very nasty surprise to whoever kills them when the biomatrix raises their slain enemies to confront them a second time. And a third time. And a fourth time as a giant blob of merged bodies. And a sixth as an overload.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 04, 2015, 03:22:44 am »

...you been reading my notes or something
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 04, 2015, 03:47:46 am »

Infect the sods with cells of yours programmed to transform the sods into Xans when they die. It will be a zombie xanpocalypse, a very nasty surprise to whoever kills them when the biomatrix raises their slain enemies to confront them a second time. And a third time. And a fourth time as a giant blob of merged bodies. And a sixth as an overload.
This is suddenly sounding very much like Altered...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 155