Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164239 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #975 on: April 17, 2015, 08:48:18 am »

I'm starting to reconsider the last category, seeing Toaster's suit, but I don't know what its disadvantage is.  It must have one.

It loses the claymores and electrified defense, as well as the amp-hands, which I appear to have not put it on the wiki; whoops.  Notably, it does have full armor, but the gun itself (which is shoulder-mounted) has only light armor.  It's a "LESHO but bigger" and comes with six rounds, and the BS needs to anchor before firing.

Heavy ranged firepower. Sexy. Care to tell why you took that one above others?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 17, 2015, 09:55:03 am »

Sure!

Melee was straight out, since Lars is a Con expert and no skill in uncon.  Mobility and Urban (who differ only in loadout) were cut because they're lightly armored, more hit and run types, which doesn't fit with Lars (who prefers to stand and fight, letting faith be his shield.)  Extreme Environment went out too because Lars would prefer armor against bullets and lasers instead of unknowns.

Civilian Engagement is interesting, since it has a large set of anti-personnel weapons built in (flamethrowers, gas), but it is focused against unarmored targets, which pretty much any weapon we have wrecks already; it'd be best used against a LOT of unarmored targets. Plus, collateral damage.

That leaves Standard, Heavy Laser, and Long Range.  Heavy Laser was my first thought, but the Raduga is so good that I stuck with that instead.  I thought about the other two for a while, then decided that the loss of close-range engagement in exchange for an extreme range option better fit the idea of Lars; he's a great gunner, so why not play to his strengths?  Additionally, he's now covered with several different types of weapon, with the Raduga, Shard Launcher, battesuit cannon, and PEW.

(Thanks to the IRC folks who let me bounce this off their heads)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 18, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »

Airstrikes coming, get hype:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 18, 2015, 01:22:25 pm »

I just understood. We could now have a true "hoverboard" made with these new "forcefield" materials. Hell, maybe a even a grav-tank!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 18, 2015, 01:24:32 pm »

I just understood. We could now have a true "hoverboard" made with these new "forcefield" materials. Hell, maybe a even a grav-tank!

Also, how about adding those effects to our man-tanks (Assaultsuit, battlesuit, HRB, this sort of things)? Imagine that manoeuvrability. Sure it will be hard to master, but it'll be worthwhile.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #980 on: April 18, 2015, 01:27:25 pm »

I'd still like someone to develop zero friction skates for the battlesuit.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 18, 2015, 03:53:23 pm »

Tanks, oh my!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 20, 2015, 11:02:21 am »

@ syv: I might have a way to create a source of infinite smoke, like we talked about yesterday. Basically try to have the sharkthreads take up some material, bring it to a small tube, and try to 'spray' it a bit (for bigger surface area, oxidizes much batter), then use a heavy spark gap to try and burn it to create smoke. Sounds very convoluted and slow, but there you have it. I'd still prefer good ol' fashioned smoke nades personally.

Oh, and if more rigid forms of sharkmist can be made, we can build quite a few of the internal compartments of a vehicle out of it as well. Won't be 100 mist of course, but still cable of some self-repair.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:41:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 20, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »

Just a request for my curiosity, but could someone on the Heph team make a list of all artifacts/oddities Heph currently has to work on?

I feel like there are several floating around that have been 'forgotten' about, and I haven't seen a complete list of what artifacts are on Heph, and similarly what has and has not been researched. Or at least, this list is not on the wiki. This also seems like it would be a useful thing for our newly appointed Scientific Admin to have, so he knows what to start work on.

I also ask because I needed to add the salvage and relevant data from Skylar's god computer to the list and couldn't find one.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #984 on: April 20, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »

You could add a section about that in the artifacts page, or whatever it's called.

Speaking about things that should go there, the telerifle should be there.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2015, 03:58:15 pm »

Yeah, well, I've been thinking of compiling something like that. The Hephaestus anomalies, year-long mission anomalies, many other mission artifacts, Nyartifacts, Player-made artifacts, etc.

Speaking of which, I just understood that maybe while we're at Skylar's God-Computer, we might also analyse Simus's God-Antenna (even if only in the video-feed and the creator's memories, without actual hardware). Gilgamesh's unphasing paintjob might also deserve research, as Stacy's painting should. And so on; we actually have a nice long tradition of fucking reality up by ourselves without any alien or anomalous help.
We should really be proud of ourselves.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #986 on: April 20, 2015, 04:06:47 pm »

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_Data
There's that.

And I suppose that being near space magic and meta-cancer causing rods while reality starts breaking apart in a world where 1/6 times you act you bend reality tends to affect people. I
I'm surprised we don't have more things like that.

Speaking of which, I should add those things in the artifacts page as well.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 20, 2015, 05:46:04 pm »

Yeah, and it is useful in the way it is, but maybe there should be a page more of a "TO DO" list - not all the artifacts/research prospects are mentioned on that page, and not all the artifacts/research prospects that are mentioned on that page bear new research possibilities (for example, I feel that perhaps Abyss sand or Hexplate are exhausted lines of research, at least for the moment). Conversely, there should also be created a page for "scientific developments" or somesuch - to mention all the new materials and their already working applications (like hexsand armor, invisible cover, heatsinks and, of course, "sandbag" itself for the Abyss sand practical applications already in use).
Just, when I finally have all the time, when I am finally allowed to do science (and things are settled on how science is done these days), when my character is freed from that long conversation... I'll try and compile the concise list of things to research into. And put it on the wiki.
Past Sigs

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 20, 2015, 06:14:40 pm »

Yeah, and it is useful in the way it is, but maybe there should be a page more of a "TO DO" list - not all the artifacts/research prospects are mentioned on that page, and not all the artifacts/research prospects that are mentioned on that page bear new research possibilities (for example, I feel that perhaps Abyss sand or Hexplate are exhausted lines of research, at least for the moment). Conversely, there should also be created a page for "scientific developments" or somesuch - to mention all the new materials and their already working applications (like hexsand armor, invisible cover, heatsinks and, of course, "sandbag" itself for the Abyss sand practical applications already in use).
Just, when I finally have all the time, when I am finally allowed to do science (and things are settled on how science is done these days), when my character is freed from that long conversation... I'll try and compile the concise list of things to research into. And put it on the wiki.

Well, I'll try and help out a bit with that. Later this week, I'll copy the artifacts/materials I think Heph has from the list and drop them into some categories for some initial organization, then link that into the Heph page for you. I'll probably start with "Unexamined", "In-Progress", and "Completed" as the initial categories.
I probably won't be able to sort them accurately (that's why I posted here in the first place, I haven't been tracking exactly what Heph has been doing), but hopefully I can setup a framework that will let you update the information more easily.

Similarly, I can start a Scientific Developments page, maybe throw in a framework for hexplate, but I haven't the faintest idea what you guys have been making.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 21, 2015, 01:42:52 am »

Started a Heph Science page. It's kind of bare-bones right now, mostly cause I have no idea what you guys have been doing.
you can find it here :: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Hephaestus_Research

My generic plan is to create a New Research page to copy to a new page whenever you start a project with a new artifact/material/whatever. You'll fill in things like where it's from and what was observed on mission. Then you'll add experiments and results, and finally 'products' based on the technology, as you complete them via the Heph thread.

Hopefully this will result in more organized research, fewer things getting forgotten about, and fewer things getting done twice. Oh, and the ability for people on the Sword to actually have any idea what's going on in those wall-o-text reports that Saint keeps sending us.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 155