Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163633 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #2025 on: November 01, 2015, 10:17:02 am »

Okay. Thanks, Radio.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 01, 2015, 05:07:32 pm »

Okay. Thanks, Radio.
No probs, sorry about the outcome.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 01, 2015, 06:06:09 pm »

Okay. Thanks, Radio.
No probs, sorry about the outcome.

Speaking of things, how goes the council debate on the Valkyrie?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 02, 2015, 11:04:10 am »

Ah, right.

The Modified Gauss Rifle Magazine is approved for Armory inclusion as an option for the Gauss Rifle. (It's free, and it goes to the Gauss Rifle's own page, like the Rapid-Fire Gauss Rifle.)

The Braincase Escape System is approved for Armory inclusion.
(You might or might not want to keep it on the same page as the Mobility System, since they have tied prices and are of similar purpose.)
Both added! Now onto Radio's stuff.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 02, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »

All in all... you are the General of ARM here, and it's up to you whether we go on missions without the usual orbital fire support, or not. ;)

This honestly is probably the best solution; leave it free as a limited use option, BUT only squad leaders can request it and only Miya/whoever is on charge on the ship [as in a player, not Steve/PW] can actually approve and deploy it.  Perhaps availability comes out of the team fund as well, with higher team fund pay-in allows more/better strikes, and unused strikes are (partially?) refunded at mission end.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 02, 2015, 01:58:38 pm »

All in all... you are the General of ARM here, and it's up to you whether we go on missions without the usual orbital fire support, or not. ;)

This honestly is probably the best solution; leave it free as a limited use option, BUT only squad leaders can request it and only Miya/whoever is on charge on the ship [as in a player, not Steve/PW] can actually approve and deploy it.  Perhaps availability comes out of the team fund as well, with higher team fund pay-in allows more/better strikes, and unused strikes are (partially?) refunded at mission end.
100% agreement to this.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 02, 2015, 05:30:29 pm »

Force Corer

Basically a "miniaturized" version of the machines used to create forcefields. A steel rod one foot in length is inserted into the barrel of the device, and at the pull of a trigger projects a cylindrical forcefield two and a half feet from the front of the device. Rods used as ammo cannot be reused.

Heavy, expensive, useable only at point blank range, difficult to reload, and prone to exploding under perfectly normal use, this "weapon" has only one advantage; if goes through anything*. Incredibly impractical for pretty much any use, but just might be enough to save your life against something literally impossible to damage otherwise. You could also use it to take surface samples or something.

Requires +1 Uncon and Exoskeleton strength. Too damn expensive.

*Provided said thing is made of normal matter or something analogous. If you discover a material capable of withstanding this device, please send a sample to Hephaestus command for armor testing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 03, 2015, 03:14:48 am »

I actually realized this'd be a not bad idea so I'm gonna officially propose it.

Portable Brain Mobility and Self-Implantation System

A system attached to the brain and controlled via thought that allows the brain to escape bodily destruction and run away from the danger. Think of like spindly robo-legs extending out from the brain along with maybe a small force field to ensure that nothing damages it and a single robo-eye so it can see where it's going. The legs would be able to fold out medical tools that would enable the brain to essentially transplant itself into an available body, ensuring that functionality of the teammate can be preserved!

Would probably be easier for people with a high Med score to actually do the transplant part of course, but for those without it'd hopefully serve as a cheaper alternative to the spider-legs braincase that still allows them to keep their fleshy bodies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 03, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »

Speaking of things, how goes the council debate on the Valkyrie?
I think most was deemed ok, the only real question that remains (and which you should work out with pw) is whether these things fully replace our current shuttles, or just complement them. And to what extend they can be used on missions.

Hmm. Kay then, I'll ask pw (when tinker thread returns to normal) if he'd be up for this. I do think though the 'voucher' (or fractional tokens I guess) system can be used, for giving a definite 'cost' to different kinds of strikes. We could have them use it however much they want it, then have them/team fund (or both) pay for what they used at mission end. Just to prevent people from sniping everything from above really. I mean, imagine if on a mission like M20 snapdragon they had unlimited access to something like this. The majority of the threats could be safely, quickly and efficiently be blasted from above. Which makes sense to do IC, but should probably have some sort of cost involved from a game balance perspective.

Also, remembered an idea I had in the past for an armory 'item': a cloned human that's genemodded to basically be used as a test subject for artifacts or pills or organ harvesting or the like. Like a sod, but without any training or physical strength, just a dirt cheap brainless schmuck. Amount of intelligence and capacity for pain and such to be determined at a later date (the more human like it is, the more useful for experiments and the easier to interpret/extrapolate results, but also the more inhumane and monstrous it'd be).

Anyone think they'd have a use for something like this?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:50:35 pm by Radio Controlled »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 03, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »

I. Uh.
Yes.
Yes I would.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #2035 on: November 03, 2015, 03:54:58 pm »

How many tokens would that sort of thing cost?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 03, 2015, 06:07:50 pm »

How many tokens would that sort of thing cost?

Dunno, depends on how complex they are and what the price of decreased risk to self when testing artifacts is worth to pw I guess. 1 for 2 tokens seems reasonable? They're reusable after all (if used 'right').

Nunzillor

« Reply #2037 on: November 03, 2015, 06:15:12 pm »

1 or 2 tokens would be great for pill and artifact testing.  It seems a little... awful though.  From a moral viewpoint.  Just saying.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 03, 2015, 06:18:18 pm »

I... don't think Steve would allow us to commit warcrimes this blatantly and openly. Some discreet options could be arranged for Hephaestus study, I believe, but so far he/Piecewise denied propositions like that (see his latest response in Tinker thread to almost identical idea, I think).

Though we might be past the Godzilla nonchalant warcrimes threshold at this point, of course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 03, 2015, 06:19:54 pm »

Someone remind me why we care about not comitting war crimes again? Like, is there a space Genève?
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 155