Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163930 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1650 on: July 09, 2015, 10:27:16 am »

Did I read that right? MCP-II doesn't have limb cutting irises, only decapitation one?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1651 on: July 09, 2015, 11:12:19 am »

Did I read that right? MCP-II doesn't have limb cutting irises, only decapitation one?
No idea. I asked people what the MCP-II can do but nobody gave an official answer, so I just went with what I was certain about and remembered.

Now that you mention it though, I think Nik put in the irises that can cut entire limbs but not the ones that can cut part of a limb.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 09, 2015, 11:15:56 am »

@MCP-II: That wiki entry is incorrect, I am afraid; sorry I did not have time before to make a proper page for it. MCP-II has all the irises, and then the wall-walking soles were omitted. I think I provided Heph-IC thread with the right summary at some point (and in Tinker thread before it, and later in OOC thread where wiki people asked me - Kri, I think? - too). Edit: Here it is:
Well then - finalize the suit, and transmit the schematics to Hephaestus for their use!

Spoiler: MCP-II recap (click to show/hide)
I.e. all the irises Mk II+ has.
Edit-2: I've updated the page.

@Mk I/CPSU Uhhh, probably? I think we replaced all Mk Is anyway, so that should not be a problem, but I am not quite sure I understood it all; Mk II and above have the same upgraded temperature-regulating system that uses the whole surface of the suit (which got into MCP-line suits). Radiation shielding is essentially the same everywhere, and it's not exactly possible to prevent radiation when you are accepting that in case of breach you will have a bit of your body exposed to space (the way MCP suits work, IIRC).
But yes, I see the problem where the atmosphere inside the suit is part of the temp-regulatory system of even higher Mk series. Then again, it's probably there mainly so that ultra-heat outside would not melt the user inside, and that part is already kind of busted with suit breach; as for the freezing-cold part of space, we could add some very cheap backup heating system distributed throughout the fabric of the underwear (think Arctic gear 'self-heating' clothing; should probably be free with current tech levels), to avoid freezing to death. Or maybe it can already use the whole-surface temp-regulating system of Mk II+, I don't know.
It's a stopgap measure, anyway; we still don't have the self-sealing (self-restoring!) suits we were promised earlier, so there is a lot more to strive for than just MCP-features. Even if it only stops you from explosive decompression, that's quite good enough, too.

(Also, you think MCP Underwear is better name than CPSU? :-\  I realise that I think I wanted to avoid a suit-resembling name to decrease the possible confusion. Or something like that.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:25:24 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1653 on: July 09, 2015, 11:30:08 am »

@MCP-II: Yeah, just wasn't sure if anything had changed during that time. I remember the suit changing for some reason. I'll edit the correct info in then. Just wanted to make a quick entry so that there were at least some info on it and what it could do in the wiki.

@PCSU: Yeah, true, people can just upgrade to a better suit. No real reason to add it then. (Unless someone decides they're a superhero and tries to go on a mission with their underwear :P).

And about the name, that's just how I remember them and how I remember people calling them. So I guess it's an easier to remember name? Anyway, I'll change that too.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: July 09, 2015, 05:09:31 pm »

Posting logs on my cargo idea per RC's request:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As my idea indicates, if we can make the shuttle large enough, we can make the entire center section air-droppable if we REALLY need a fast extraction. It should be large enough to accommodate Miya/any robutts along as well as the rest of the team, and be snaggable from the ground to be lifted into the air and secured.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1655 on: July 10, 2015, 02:32:35 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 10, 2015, 02:49:49 pm »

Lol, PW was taking bets on how long before we try to put PEWs on this. :P

A reverse PEW might be better; one that increases the dispersion of the beam instead of focusing it.  That way, it could blast open a clear spot for an LZ to allow entry.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: July 13, 2015, 05:15:38 pm »

Sean, after 'some debate' (aka a metric crapton of pm's) here's the council's decision for the turbofan suit:
-8 tokens
-strength level of suit that of normal robobody
-removed 'MASC' since it doesn't really work anymore in the new roll system.
-overboost remains as means of gaining speed/lift (but not mobility/maneuverability) at the expense of burning through battery time. One also needs an aux roll to use it, bad roll means bad effects (it more or less works like pushing the normal Mk.III to the max, see M7 end when bishop did that).
-needs +0 aux, like normal Mk.III
-explosive bolts and parachute added for free
-rest is basically the same as you described it
-suit is officially nicknamed "Fat Sparrow". This comes straight from pw, no objections possible!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: July 13, 2015, 05:35:00 pm »

Sean, after 'some debate' (aka a metric crapton of pm's) here's the council's decision for the turbofan suit:
-8 tokens
-strength level of suit that of normal robobody
-removed 'MASC' since it doesn't really work anymore in the new roll system.
-overboost remains as means of gaining speed/lift (but not mobility/maneuverability) at the expense of burning through battery time. One also needs an aux roll to use it, bad roll means bad effects (it more or less works like pushing the normal Mk.III to the max, see M7 end when bishop did that).
-needs +0 aux, like normal Mk.III
-explosive bolts and parachute added for free
-rest is basically the same as you described it
-suit is officially nicknamed "Fat Sparrow". This comes straight from pw, no objections possible!
Thank you kindly. ^_^

It's actually possible to overcharge a normal robobody as well, but okay, if it doesn't work it doesn't work. Normal robobody's still a bit stronger than a human, so I'll take what I can get. :P

Heh, I'll mention the nickname in the writeup.

So, do I add it to the wiki armory and announce?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: July 13, 2015, 05:37:33 pm »

Glad you're happy! And yes, if Nik said it was ok IC as well, it's now an armory item for as far as I can see.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: July 13, 2015, 07:30:05 pm »

Hey RC, has the council gotten back to you with regards to my question?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: July 13, 2015, 07:43:43 pm »

MCP-Aero "Fat Sparrow" is approved for armory inclusion.

Pity the Council could not allow a lower price, but oh well. Guess it's good they added in the explosive bolts and the parachute.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 13, 2015, 09:00:16 pm »

I don't suppose it's advisable to use Henk's Space Candy to fuse all of the genius children into a hive mind? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 13, 2015, 09:10:01 pm »

That's... an interesting idea. I will look into it if we get the pills. Discreetly and off the records, of course.  :P
Past Sigs

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 13, 2015, 09:35:59 pm »

Alright, since PW said making it larger enough for Avatars and some troops to board would still fit in the hanger, I'm finalizing my design for the Ares Combat Transport. Ninal suggestions and questions would be appreciated before I wire this to Hep.

Ares Combat Transport

The Ares is a roughly triangularly-shaped shuttle for extracting troops from a hot LZ. It is a very large(large enough for Avatars+troops to embark into the cargo area with a little squeezing), roughly Triangular shuttle with a chin-mounted heavy weapons turret, two rails for assorted munitions/weapons, and 4 "wing" mounted PD turrets(two Testament, two laser turrets in an alternating laser-testament arrangement) with lightweight armor(forcefield armoring if possible, Hexsand+Sharkplate if not) and as many engines as can be physically stuffed onto the frame; the engines also take advantage of the new plasma thruster technology to increase thrust and power while rendering the engines non-explodable.. It comes equipped with a small cockpit big enough for three people to squeeze into(one pilot, two weapons officers), and has an autopilot and computer control for the weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 155