Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163804 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1545 on: June 29, 2015, 07:04:33 pm »

I agree with this completely especially the earnings part as sometimes people will invent things that they have no desire to use themselves and just think would be cool so being able to earn a percentage is pretty good and is an incentive. Also I predict speech becoming a useful stat now with people attempting to hawk their wares like door to door salesmen, and it gives people who don't particularly want to go on a mission to try and earn some dosh.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 29, 2015, 07:17:02 pm »

I, on the other hand, foresee that between the Council being full of metaphorical realism sharks, and apparently our future effectiveness being dependent on building things that sell, the future of our Armory is going to be fairly gray. Or brown and bloom, as it were.

Anton says "Feh. I guess I'll just be down in the lab actually trying to make stuff that works, while all you marketing-driven kids up here try to screw over everyone, yourselves included, trying to make stuff that sells. Suit yourselves."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 29, 2015, 07:24:02 pm »

I'm personally more concerned about the concept of balance as a whole in this game. I was under the impression that our job is to tip the scales as far into our own favor as possible, and if it doesn't conform to previous pricing patterns, then so be it, because the UWM would still be doing R&D for their own military and that balance would occur out of Red Queen Hypothesis (we make better or cheaper gear, so too does the UWM, so even though the quality of the equipment increases, there is no relative gain) more than us overpricing new equipment that we could mass produce relatively cheaply if necessary.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 29, 2015, 07:35:16 pm »

Seems good. 3 questions immediately come to mind.

1) Does this apply retroactively? (things living characters have already developed will be 'credited' in the armory and will be given tokens if someone buys it from now on)

2) Does the creator get a 25% discount? (i.e: when someone buys it, the creator gets 25%. If the creator buys it, do they functionally get a 25% discount?)

3) What precisely qualifies as a developed item? For example, referencing some of my discussions with you, would Skylar's light-robolimb count, but not the ordinary limbs/organs I asked the AM about?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 29, 2015, 10:22:46 pm »

Quote from: IRC 15-06-25
04:33:56 <Nikitian> The day delegating Tinker to the Council happens will probably be the day I retire from my Heph position altogether
04:34:04 <Nikitian> So please, please, no
Okay, that inescapable existential dread thing IC? It was lousy by comparison. It had a way out.

... Funny thing, I don't actually care about the details or have any questions.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: June 30, 2015, 12:14:24 am »

Important PSA from IRC!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxrcZ_5gDlE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 30, 2015, 12:24:44 am »

Important PSA from IRC!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAf0QnLFS7Q
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 30, 2015, 12:43:54 am »

So we're switching to Zimbabwe token economy now. Everyone gets 50,000 tokens, but each token only is worth 0.0001 of a token as it is now.
Of course that's just the start. I want inflation to be so high that we can build spaceships out of the fucking things.
Prices will adjust accordingly, starting at around 10k for a hand laser. Hopefully with enough money printing we can get into the low billions in the next few missions.

Incidentally, token armor. It should be a thing.
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 30, 2015, 12:52:27 am »

So we're switching to Zimbabwe token economy now. Everyone gets 50,000 tokens, but each token only is worth 0.0001 of a token as it is now.
Of course that's just the start. I want inflation to be so high that we can build spaceships out of the fucking things.
Prices will adjust accordingly, starting at around 10k for a hand laser. Hopefully with enough money printing we can get into the low billions in the next few missions.

Incidentally, token armor. It should be a thing.
Suddenly, that laugh makes far more sense!
(... It's haunting me now. )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 30, 2015, 12:53:28 am »

Xan's gonna teach everyone on Heph the pecking order!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 30, 2015, 12:53:34 am »

Oh if it wasn't an IRC joke and I actually got given authority that plan's rolling ahead with gusto :3

I wish to build planets out of tokens.
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 30, 2015, 01:48:02 am »

Okay, in my capacity as Deputy Admin of Engineering, I have to make this statement:

Even though the current prototype system is being abolished, the Admin of Engineering reserves the right of final judgement on admittance of a design to the armory list, after the GM's and the Council's approval.
This is the sacred right that I inherited from my predecessor, and this is how I shall pass it on (return to him) when the time comes.
Past Sigs

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 30, 2015, 05:29:11 am »

Some more fallout of the IRC session:

- The 2PEW variant of the AS is set to cost 23 tokens.
- In the wake of this, all other BS and AS variants bar the standard will have to be re-evaluated and re-priced according to their value, before any can be purchased.
- The AS will completely replace the BS, and carry over as many of its variants as remain practical.
- Avatars of War now cost 50 tokens to allow an appropriate price gap between them and other gear.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:35 am »

I recall PW once saying when someone was experimenting with a HEP, he said that HEPs don't like being made to fire faster than once a minute, and that it comes from their black box origins.
Eh, whatever, word of god.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 30, 2015, 05:58:10 am »

I recall PW once saying when someone was experimenting with a HEP, he said that HEPs don't like being made to fire faster than once a minute, and that it comes from their black box origins.
Eh, whatever, word of god.
That hasn't changed. The 2PEW suit has 2 separate weapons. I opposed the idea of merging them into one double-firerate weapon on the suit before that thought properly registered, but I would have opposed it also on those grounds, because it'd just give us more ammunition against PW later.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 155