Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Victory or Death  (Read 4567 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Victory or Death
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »

(do you want us to post in first or third person?)

Ask an officer if we can get the cannons firing into the Egicans, also ask if those are the Egians out there in the distance
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »

First person is preferable, both are fine.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 06:36:15 am »

I don't really have anything more to do in this scene. Let's bring Geniteans the light of the One True Ideologytm already.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 04:25:31 pm »

"Boges at 12 O' clock climbing to intercept" Amanda clicked off the radio as she opened the throttle and with a thunderous wail her plane started to climb higher and higher, getting ready to intercept from above.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 09:05:15 pm »

bump?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 10:18:13 pm »

The Battle of Chenkov

30th Gelters Division, Approaching Chenkov Outskirts.

Franz

You pull out your picture, and muster up a bit of courage looking at it, before putting it away. The soldier next to you notices, and claps his hand on your back. The ride continues, until you get very close to the city, and the Genitian guns inside the city begin to open fire. One of the trucks nearby takes a direct hit, and explodes, but your truck manages to avoid the steel rain, at least for now.

Chloe

You wait silently as the trucks approach the city, and see the guns opening up, a few miles away. A few seconds later, the shells begin landing around you, and you hear a piece of shrapnel ping off your helmet.

4th Interceptor Unit, Above the 30th Gelters.

Amanda

You report the contact to your wingman, and he waggles his wings in acknowledgement, as both of you begin climbing to height. Soon, you're about 500 meters or so above and behind the planes, and can see that they're clearly Genitian single-engined bombers. Your wingman waggles his wings again, and quickly calls out the targets, taking the plane in the lead.

25th Rustov Division, Outskirts of Chenkov.

Vladimir

The men quickly comply, reinforcing the trench with what little they have. When you call out for the machinegunner, he points out that he's already in a decent vantage spot, holding a window on the top floor. The rest of the men pull out their grenades, readying them for combat. You can clearly see the Egican trucks approaching, and estimate you only have a few minutes before they arrive.

GSD Sopstov, Docked in Chenkov Harbor

Vasily

The officer shakes his head.

"The cannons aren't ready to fire. It would take ten minutes, at least, and half the gun crew is still in the city, on leave.

Yes, those are Egicans."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 05:37:41 am »

Put away the picture, get ready to leave the truck. Wait for orders.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 08:01:44 am »

Start bravely singing the anthem of our proud nation to get my men into the killing mood. Make sure that he approaching enemies hear this.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 09:15:53 am »

Then get the guns ready sir. We can't stand idly by as our people are attacked by those heartless monsters. I have enough training to aim and fire I just need someone to load the guns and help firing the cannon. We can't just let our men sit and watch as the city burns

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 09:28:49 am »

quickly check over the gear (load my rifle, etc.) and prepare to disembark
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 04:21:57 am »

Remove the safety from my machine guns and follow wingman down into the attack.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 03:08:09 am »

( Bump? )

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 04:54:10 pm »

The Battle of Chenkov

30th Gelters Division, Chenkov Outskirts

Franz

You and your unit continue to drive along, as you put away the picture. Artillery shells continue to land around you, and you suddenly realize that the city seems very, very close. Right as your sergeant begins to speak, bellowing orders, something explodes across from you, right alongside the truck. The sound and force of the explosion knocks you unconscious instantly. You hear something along the lines of metal hitting metal, right before everything goes black.

Chloe

You inspect your rifle, making sure the sights are aligned, and hear the sergeant beginning to bellow orders. Suddenly, something explodes right next to the truck, and dirt and dust go everywhere. A few seconds later, when you've cleared your eyes, you see the man sitting next to you has a large piece of shrapnel stuck into his helmet. You take a cursory look, and decide that he's only unconscious, not dead, due to the lack of blood. The man across from him, however, is clearly dead, with a large hole in his neck from the shrapnel. Many of the other men in the truck are injured, but none very seriously. Your ears, still ringing, faintly detect the sergeant yelling at you to get out of the truck.

4th Interceptor Unit, Above Chenkov

Amanda

You turn the safety off on your guns, and wing over after your wingman, going for one of the bombers. You hold down the trigger, firing your four machine-guns, and can see the bullets sparking off the wing. The tail gunner on the bomber opens fire on you, scoring a few small hits on your wing, as you walk your guns down to the wing-root. The armor-piercing incendiary bullets set the fuel tank on fire, and the bomber begins to go down, ditching their bomb load. You pull up, and see the other bomber, taken by your wingman, go down missing a wing. You begin to congratulate each other over the easy kills, but the other pilot suddenly flips his plane inverted, and pulls into a Split S, calling out for cover. You look back over at his plane, and see orange tracers bouncing over his plane. Behind him, you can see a Genitian fighter plane, emptying a giant, 20mm cannon into your wingman.

25th Rustov Division, Outskirts of Chenkov

Vladimir

You begin singing the national anthem, and the other men in your platoon quickly join in. You see the Egicans dismounting from their trucks, maybe 200 meters away. They don't seem to have any tanks, at least not here, and they seem slightly confused by the singing coming from up in the town.

GSD Sopstov, Docked in Chenkov Harbor

Vasily

The officer thinks about it.

"Why not? Might as well do what we can."

The officer quickly barks out orders to the men on board the ship, and the cannons are soon ready to fire. He gives you the command over one of them, and you begin searching for targets. The Egican infantry seem to already be in the outskirts of the city, and have dismounted from their trucks, but you can see a unit of Egican tanks moving towards the city.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 04:58:40 pm »

FIRE! Shoot the tanks

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 05:03:43 pm »

( Yay, this isn't dead! )

Do nothing; I'm unconscious!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5