Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 54248 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #736 on: March 07, 2015, 10:39:48 pm »

Im still here. finalss season has come but I may have some time on Sunday. Or after I finish 1 paper and before the other 1.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 08, 2015, 01:14:44 am »

I only get every other weekend off work now, and this weekend is one I have off.  Just a heads up.

I can still bust out a whole play cycle in 2 days, but the scheduling can be difficult.

We need to cultivate more interest in our little project here.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 08, 2015, 01:28:42 am »

Still ghosting this project - I'm just also swamped with RL busyness.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:39 pm »

Ok, now for real, the academic craziness will come to an end. As of tomorrow afternoon this quarter is done with, and I shall marathon this to completion.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 21, 2015, 11:25:34 pm »

Holy crap, is there any way to increase framerate? This is taking forever.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 02, 2015, 12:19:20 am »

Alright, it took longer than spring break, but I should have the rest of the year up tomorrow.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 02, 2015, 06:43:54 pm »

Here's about half of the remainder. I'll write up the rest when I get back from class.

Felsite 21st

At long last the earthen housing project is complete, and hopefully it's enough to absorb the next wave of immigrants, if/when they arrive. I've also ordered a cage built next to the butcher's shop, to hold animals awaiting processing, in hopes that the ones sitting around for more than a month will finally be butchered, instead of sitting in our stockpile due to whatever organizational screwup that seems to prevent anyone from touching them. I've also ordered some of our sheep killed. Hopefully we can resume training of Koreg's owl before it becomes a menace to peace and quiet again.

Hematite 3rd

The goblins came again today, bringing a force of two-score, as far as we can judge from the aftermath. They must know very little about our town, as they attacked from the West, right near the barracks where our soldiers sparred, and yet again fell into many of our animal traps. The second and first infantry were in the middle of training with their weapons when one of our gatherers spotted the goblins, and the soldiers streamed out already armed. Soon the rest arrived and made short work of the invaders, quickly enough that the battle was over before I arrived (curse this limp)! But the victory was not without loss. Tonight at the Plum we raise our tankards to Zuglar Bisekoddom, Zan Athelmozib, Sodel Vabokarel, and Kivish Dakostmondul, who gave their lives for our town.

I don't know if we can ever replace them, emotionally or practically. Everyone here has their hands so full, to take time out of their jobs could kill us all. And yet, so could allowing our defenders to dwindle so with every invasion...

Tomorrow we shall deal with the prisoners and the wounded. We certainly have many of each.

Hematite 9th

As we were still stripping the equipment from the goblin corpses, the humans arrived with goods to trade. As with the elves before them, a single large piece of their ironwork was enough to purchase what we wanted, though they had considerably more of that than the elves. Bars of precious metals, gold, platinum, silver, and alloys thereof, plus many barrels of exotic meat and some new kinds of seeds. They left happy, and this trade shall go a long way for us as well.

Malachite 8th

I grow nervous. Times are better here then they have been, we continue to make (then melt) spikes as the Queen demands, and Koreg and Wierd seem to have settled down a bit, though gods know if it will last. But many of our warriors are still recovering from the last siege, and despite elven promises, we have no way of knowing when the next will come. I believe some of them feel the same as I, though they cope with it by growing attached to their weapons.

Malachite 20th

One of the captive trolls escaped while we were transferring prisoners to the jail. Fortunately, we put her down quickly and with no injuries to any of our people, but it's made such a mess of hideous blue blood in the stockpiles.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 02, 2015, 10:39:36 pm »

Who all is still playing?

Personally, I relish the mental image of Koreg's pet owl screeching and throwing a conniption fit in his bedroom while he tries to sleep at night.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 03, 2015, 01:42:28 am »

I'll post the winter tomorrow, it's getting very late.

Galena 1st

Gods, I feel so ashamed. In the usual bimonthly cycle of making spikes for the Queen and melting them down, I failed to realize that EvictedSaint had created an absolute masterpiece, a menacing spike so fine that, despite her others being exceptional work, she felt very proud of it. But I had it melted, and now she feels hopeless. I can only wish some free drinks at the Plum will cheer her up.

Galena 7th

Today I congratulate two births that happened this week. First, I congratulate Maoglin on the birth of her daughter this 4th of Galena! I hope for many happy years for them, and for further success in finding an apprentice for her clothing business. Second, for Neblime on the birth of her son today! I also wish them happy times ahead, and improvement with their industry.

Limestone 1st

Autumn comes, and with it, the possibility of news from the Mountainhomes. I came here away from there, but the greyskins weigh heavily upon my mind. If things go badly there, they may very well make their way here in force, especially as the queen hides here ever more ostentatiously. Perhaps one day it will be safe for her to return.

Limestone 10th

At last, here comes the caravan. The mountainhomes still stand, and bring many goods to trade. Though they weren't as impressed with our ironwork as the others, they were still impressed enough that we were able to get a great deal from them with just a few pieces. In particular, we got a large quantity of steel, mostly in the form of anvils.

Limestone 23rd

More and more, EvictedSaint is producing masterwork spikes that it would simply be a crime to melt. Ah well, it's not like we have a shortage of iron. Gods, but if we had some flux beneath us...

Sandstone 25th

Yet again, Koreg's blasted bird is screeching and freaking out in its cage! I can hear it from my office! We really need to find a way to give our animal trainers more time to keep the thing under control. Perhaps then they can also help with all these other caged beasts that the butchers still cannot handle.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 03, 2015, 03:41:17 am »

Timeless Morty might be able to do a bit of training down in the catacombs, if the owl can be transferred down there.  He doesn't have much knowledge of the procedure, but if it would help the dead rest in peace, he's all for learning how...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 03, 2015, 06:48:46 pm »

Despite building codes, we may well need to dig out another Z below for the catacombs. I mean, it's not exactly an industry, right?
Anyway, the thrilling conclusion. Very sorry this took so long, and that I did not provide the RP it deserved.

Moonstone 5th

Winter is upon us, and we're off to a bad start. All the surface water froze just as the drinks were running low. It occurs to me that we might have a buffer against this, if we could create an underground reservoir with a well, fed by the river when not frozen and deep enough to give clean water, but such a thing is legally impossible, I think, with our current building codes. Wierd and his fellows will just have to work quickly. I hope our convalescing guards can hold out until the thaw...

Moonstone 19th

Usuth Lertethletmos has developed carpentry skills to match my own, it seems, if these wonderful barrels are anything to judge by. Unfortunately, he is not who I rented the land to, and so the requirements of stewardship are not fulfilled. Perhaps I can do something about that later. For now, I am thankful to have wine once again. Even in the cold, Wierd and his lot keep brewing. I don't know how they do it.

Moonstone 26th

The last few goblin attacks have really put a fog over us all. The other guards and soldiers are rather stressed all the time, and I get a pit in my stomach just thinking about all those trolls. All that blood. And it's getting worse. Ilral Uzolgosmer refused to work today, by all reckoning having sunk into a deep depression. Gods only know this town needs an injection of cheer soon, yet the winter will only get colder.

Opal 5th

Well, we've finally figured out how to turn the caged wild beasts into meat. Long after the food shortage has passed. As it turns out, they just needed to be trained a little, so that they would be docile enough for the butchers to handle.

Opal 16th

I hoped it wouldn't come to this. Ilral broke down today, started throwing a tantrum and assaulting others. I had no choice but to lock him away. But when the guard went to collect him, he struck back, forcing a confrontation. With a single punch, Kadol Regdural staved in his skull, leaving him dead and bleeding upon the sidewalk. Gods, this can only get worse.

Obsidian 18th

Ambidextrous gave birth to a son today, young "Alath." I'm glad to see her happy, and hope she takes a much-deserved break from processing all the fish.

Obsidian 28th

Another damned werebeast! But this time, there was no tragedy! A black, monstrous cavy twisted into humanoid form emerged from the woods on the East side of the village. Rakust Vaboktolis was the first to respond, and he cut the thing down in two strokes. Thank the Gods, it did not reach any of the children nearby. Poor Rakust was rather shaken by the experience, but I hope she knows she's done very well today.

Granite 1st

Another year passes, and here we still are. It's been long, hard, and tiresome, but we've survived. I think I've accomplished what I set out for, getting things done and alleviating shortages. and at the very least we haven't had further internal nefariousness. For the most part, everyone seems happy, but the future is not without problems. The witnesses to slaughter are deeply scarred, I fear, and there will only be more of them as time goes on. I can only hope we find a way not to repeat Ilral's fate. And though I've tried to lessen them, I fear the tensions have only been temporarily submerged. But the next director must worry about that. The statutory year has passed, and by the Gods, I am tired.

Save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10731

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 04, 2015, 05:07:44 am »

Unless we get another player, it is Broseph's turn again.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 04, 2015, 04:52:41 pm »

The overseer list is purged. Anyone who wants to be in the succession has to apply/reapply. I understand everybody has responsibilities but please only sign up for a turn if you're likely to have enough time to to play. I'll start posting soon and I'll try to moderate the flow of progress to allow the list to fill again while still keeping onlookers entertained by the madness.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 04, 2015, 06:04:09 pm »

Granite 1 205

Sometimes history needs men of honor. Heroes and the like. Dwarves who do the right thing when it seems impossible. Other times it needs dwarves with teeth. Dwarves who do the necessary thing when it seems the world may be a darker place for it. Dwarves like me. Justifications are ,I think, things reserved for those with the luxury of being on the right side of history. I have no delusions. I suspect I'm just another villain in a tale that's seen too many but when I am remembered as a monster I will take solace in the fact that the remembering will be done in the seat of the empire I've forged. Where are your heroes Nevetaxed?
   Where are those who looked down their noses at me across marble desks when I spoke of my dream? Where are those who cursed me as a tax cheat and little else of substance? Where are those who scoffed at the sight of my manor? Again it falls to me to lead Nevertaxed and protect this burgeoning refugee colony from danger.
   To the west corpses bake in the sun as winter temperatures begin to leave us and a dog bawls half crippled rewarded for it's bravery with stab wounds to both forward legs. To the north the stocks are choked with beds and doors for houses that have not been built and the trade depot iTs coated with the slimy yolks of a feather tree as some sort of elvish joke. To the east the Hawkstockade is littered with the teeth and digits of Ilral, husband of Maologin who died mad from the horrors of this place and a child sobs unintelligably motioning towards the stump of his arm. In the center of our town the Queen works in the fields satisfied with having once in her life expreienced dirt under her nails while passersby keep one eye on the militia captain muttering to himself about his threadbare clothes. Here in the south workers labor day and night hauling clay INTO Silverplum mine because of what I can only assume is some sort of clerical error as layabouts help themselves to my private store of food and drink.
    Tommorrow I resolve the clothing situation, I plot the murder of my enemies, I listen to the concerns of every dwarf in this settlement, and I bolster the militia to defend against goblin attack. Today however I walk into the Pickled Plum stand on a chair, and announce my victory in the mayoral election to the surprise of the sitting mayor the King Consort and every dwarf with no memory of any election being announced. There's some public outcry to be expected but if Koreg Hawkblockades the First can't rig an election someone's impersonating him.
Welcome, dear reader to Granite 1st 205 and the Third Reign of Koreg Hawkblockades the First.

Koreg: He's the mayor this city deserves, even if he's not the one they lawfully elected.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54