Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 54324 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #525 on: December 12, 2014, 12:12:20 pm »

just before having projectile spit-up.

and "damaba" looks an aweful lot like "damn, momma!" to me.  Little timeless bob looks like his little mouth could do with some rocknut soap!

(lol, I kid.)

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 12, 2014, 06:01:49 pm »

So, can the player please turn back on PKs labors of

-soap making
-potash making
-lye making
-bone carving

and cue up some bone crafting?  or decorating.

Oh, by the way, since this was of special concern to PK:

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 12, 2014, 07:08:02 pm »

Maolagin is terribly displeased with the careless doctors around here! Apparently they had no records of one Urvad Shadebust in their files, and thus refused to treat him, even as he lay with a broken leg for months next to a hospital bed. So eager was Urvad to have his leg treated, so great his misplaced trust in the hospital, that he remained where he had been put, eating and drinking only the hospital fare brought to him, even when his neighbors came to build and remove beds upon the very spot where he lay. He even refused to sleep, and this proved his undoing.

Urvad Ashmonablel, "Urvad Shadebust", Hunter   
Urvad Ashmonablel has been overthrown by the stresses of day-to-day living.  She feels hopeless after suffering a major injury.  Within the last season, she felt satisfied after receiving water.  She was agitated when utterly sleep-deprived.  She felt satisfied after receiving food.  She sometimes feels sad at being separated from a loved one. 
She is the daughter of Rovod Tongsgold and Olon Tindangles. 
She is a citizen of The Tame Gears.  She is a member of The Revered Strangers.  She is a former member of The Crowded Treaties.  She arrived at Nanothstettad on the 20th of Granite in the year 199. 
She is eighty-seven years old, born on the 13th of Limestone in the year 114. 
Her left lower leg is fractured. 
She has a broad body.  Her very long hair is arranged in double braids.  Her somewhat short head is extremely narrow.  Her slightly flattened ears are somewhat narrow.  Her pale brown skin is wrinkled.  Her nose bridge is slightly convex.  Her hair is flax with flecks of gray.  Her eyes are raw umber. 
She is slow to tire. 
Urvad Ashmonablel likes rutile, nickel silver, plume agate, clear glass, coral, picks, donkeys for their stubborness, wicked brutes for their macabre ways, abaca trees for their leaves and maize plants for their popped kernels.  When possible, she prefers to consume steelhead trout and foxtail millet beer.  She absolutely detests slugs. 
She has a natural inclination toward language, but she has a meager kinesthetic sense and very bad intuition. 
Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, values cooperation, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce and finds nature somewhat disturbing.  She personally sees guile and cunning as indirect and somewhat worthless and disregards tradition.  She dreams of mastering a skill. 
She finds helping others very emotionally rewarding.  She is confident under pressure.  She can get caught up in internal deliberations when action is necessary.  She is generally unhindered by the thoughts of others concerning her actions.  She tends to make a small mess with her own possessions.  She is slow to anger.  She is stubborn.  She doesn't mind wearing something special now and again.  She generally finds herself quite hopeful about the future.  She is rarely happy or enthusiastic, and she is conflicted by this as she values parties and merrymaking in the abstract.  She has a tendency to consider ideas and abstractions over practical applications.  She is brave in the face of imminent danger.  She tends to be a little tight with resources when working on projects.  She has a menacing stare when she's angry.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day and is starting to work slowly due to its scarcity. 

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

Urvad has succumbed to melancholy from sleep deprivation. Since he still had a crossbow and a quiver full of iron bolts, I guess we should be thankful he didn't go berserk instead.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2014, 07:44:34 pm »

healthcare jobs have a low priority, which is why healthcare workers need other labors disabled to assure that they perform thier duties.

this is similar to peasants doing cleaning jobs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2014, 07:45:44 pm »

Well, that seems more like a bug.  If he was there for months, and 2 full time doctors couldn't find time to diagnose him he likely fell into that 'bug' group.  You could try any number of things to get him moving, but its an old bug.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 12, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »

Well, that seems more like a bug.  If he was there for months, and 2 full time doctors couldn't find time to diagnose him he likely fell into that 'bug' group.  You could try any number of things to get him moving, but its an old bug.

Yeah, Maolagin the weaver may be perplexed, but I'm well aware that there's some bugged behavior going on here. The doctors patched up and sent on their way probably a dozen happy customersin  the time he sat there. Like i mentioned, I tried unlocking him with furniture construction and more. I was actually in the process of trying to drop blocks on him from above to get a new injury when he snapped. Sometimes you just can't snap them out of it though. Oh well.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2014, 12:54:50 am »

If you don't mind, redwarf me as the next best clothier.

Diary of "Beneviento" Kosothgubel, Final Entry

Dad, I hope you read this. I'm sorry Dad, I didn't make Legendary, I never got to help you and Mom out. I should have worked harder. I should have stayed inside where it was safe, I shouldn't have gotten bit. I should have run when they came for me. The wilds are harsh, but I could have lived. There are five of us down here, all bit. It's gonna be a bloodbath when the moon turns, and I'm not gonna be walking out. Tell Mom I'm sorry for all of this, and that I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while. I miss you Dad. I'm scared Dad.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2014, 02:12:27 am »

If you don't mind, redwarf me as the next best clothier.

We don't actually have a next-best clothier just now.  Would you rather I a) dorf you as a random worker with a preference for rope reed fabric (we've got a few), or b) wait for a migrant with some preexisting clothier skill?

Diary of "Beneviento" Kosothgubel, Final Entry

Dad, I hope you read this. I'm sorry Dad, I didn't make Legendary, I never got to help you and Mom out. I should have worked harder. I should have stayed inside where it was safe, I shouldn't have gotten bit. I should have run when they came for me. The wilds are harsh, but I could have lived. There are five of us down here, all bit. It's gonna be a bloodbath when the moon turns, and I'm not gonna be walking out. Tell Mom I'm sorry for all of this, and that I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while. I miss you Dad. I'm scared Dad.

Ouch, now I feel bad for him :<

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2014, 02:40:14 am »

I'll take a dwarf with a preference. Thanks!
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2014, 04:03:04 am »

I would also like to express my desire to sponsor beneviento again. We *NEED* an operating clothing industry.  I have no doubt that you have already noticed that much of our fortress population is wearing "xClothesx". Without an active clothing industry, they will be wearing "XXClothesXX" before you know it, and then we will be having "ZOMG! I'm NAKED! AHH!" thoughts all over.

We can live without dying for awhile. That's a  "Nice to have" industry. Clothing is a "No, we NEED that!" industry.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 13, 2014, 06:23:00 am »

Little Timeless will probably be bucking for "gem cutter/setter" and "stone carver" soon enough.  As anti-social as he is, those seem to be good choices.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 13, 2014, 08:03:53 am »

Diary of Koreg Hawkblockades
I have begun to suspect that I was mislead by Wierds fleeting brush with competence in his help arranging the Barons diplomatic mission. He broke the unspoken rule that only a founder may rule and his replacement has been miserable. The Goblin attack force (what kind of idiot thinks ten fighters is anything but a scout patrol?) inflicted casualties and now we've suffered an attack by a terrible werebeast. I have no confidence in this dwarfs power to keep any of us alive much less evade the traps of the MTS.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 13, 2014, 08:22:24 am »

Koreg had been in another of his sour moods again today.

Wierd wondered what kind of kobold had crawled up his trousers to get him so clearly uncomfortable and ready to bite beards off this time.  He had heard rumors to the effect that "Fearless leader" had expressed some.. ahem.. 'Dissatisfaction'.. with his decision to grant the head of the weaving industry a temporary directorship position while he focused on all the paperwork that had been quickly getting away from him. Clearly, Koreg had not bothered to consider that Maolagin, despite being a busy housewife and entrepreneur, had a considerable history as a merchant caravan guard, and thus had some experience with the manner of directorship he had extended her, specifically in helping to organize and expand the extremely green military forces he had scrabbled together on such short notice after the unprovoked and unexpected goblin sortie had come and upset all their lives just 6 months past.

What, did he expect warriors to just jump out of common farmers and craftsdwarves at the flip of a lever? Considering that they were pit up against hulking brutes more than twice their size, a force twice as large, and comprising skilled and well trained goblin sadists, that so few had fallen to the initial goblin attack was a TESTAMENT, to Maolagin's administrative abilities on such short notice, and that the unexpected werecreature attack was likely more to do with Koreg's horrible diplomacy skills with our Elven neighbors than anything to do with Maolagin's handling of the situation.

Really, there wasn't much to work with in terms of "recruits" for building a small army to hold NeverTaxed in the face of a stirring menace in the West; over a third of the fortress was either suckling babes or snot-nosed kids running around like herds of wild draltha-- and the adult population was either indispensible in other vital industries, or so horribly "Not suited" for combat that it beyond him how that fool Koreg could have expected them to hold a bedsheet, let alone hold a defensive line. Even then, there just wasn't that many of them, and the barracks was too small to accommodate large force training schedules anyway!

While he was deeply disturbed to learn the fate of his young charge to the wiles of that disgusting beast, There was simply no way anyone could have expected that such a thing would have come to pass, especially with "fearless leader's" assurances that our elven neighbors would be alerting us to any such incoming danger; A track record that was now 0-3 against, not counting the vampire baron and the agents of the MTS snooping about like they owned the place.

Whatever vile force of darkness had crawled up his trousers, wierd hoped it would latch on like a badger, and tear him a new one.

The pretentious prick.

(LOL!)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:37:51 am by wierd »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 13, 2014, 12:23:02 pm »

Can you guys dorf me,
Name:LuckyKobold
Profession:Hauler
Profession Name:Hiding Kobold
I'd Appreciate it if you guys made the dorf the scrawniest weakling in the settlement but do whatever works.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:50:12 pm by LuckyKobold »

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 14, 2014, 02:45:02 am »

Here 'ya go, new dorfings:

Beneviento, found you a new aspiring clothier:
  `Beneviento' Inodmelbil, "`Beneviento' Gatetomes", Rentier Clothing Industry   
"I'm alright."
Within the last season, she was embarrassed after sleeping without a proper room.  She was annoyed at the lack of dining tables.  She was horrified after seeing a goblin die.  She was annoyed when caught in the rain.  She was horrified after seeing Iteb Granitepuzzles die.  She was interested near a fine Table.  She was interested near a fine Seat.  She was interested near a fine Bed.  She was interested near a fine Trade Depot.  She sometimes feels sad at being separated from a loved one. 
She is married to Rovod Beasttool and has 6 children:  Kubuk Lashsprays, Lorbam Sealguilds, Muthkat Beaklantern, Ingish Howltrades, Mosus Shimmergems and Urist Gatesingle.  She is the daughter of Zan Cloistersteamy and Shorast Mythpaddles. 
She is a citizen of The Tame Gears.  She is a member of The Revered Strangers.  She is a former member of The Lustrous Picks.  She is a former member of The Shady Rags.  She arrived at Nanothstettad on the 20th of Granite in the year 200. 
She is one hundred twenty-three years old, born on the 28th of Timber in the year 78. 
Her third toe, left foot is broken.  Her third toe, left foot is smashed open. 
She is very skinny.  Her hair is straight.  Her very long hair is neatly combed.  Her hair is gray with flecks of flax.  Her skin is pale brown.  Her eyes are raw umber. 
She is quite quick to heal, but she is really susceptible to disease. 
`Beneviento' Inodmelbil likes stoneware, nickel silver, yellow spessartine, rope reed fiber fabric, gizzard stones, picks, shields, socks, chickens for their clucking, bluefish for their coloration and squash vines for their fruit.  When possible, she prefers to consume giant king cobra and bayberry wine.  She absolutely detests worms. 
She has an amazing spatial sense, a very good feel for social relationships, good creativity and an ability to read emotions fairly well, but she has a meager kinesthetic sense, bad intuition, poor analytical abilities, little linguistic ability and quite poor focus. 
Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, values cooperation, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce and finds nature somewhat disturbing.  She personally sees the whole pursuit of art as silly.  She dreams of mastering a skill. 
She almost never feels discouraged.  She doesn't generally think before acting.  She is greatly pleased by her own looks and accomplishments.  She is often nervous.  She tends to avoid any physical confrontations, and she works to square this natural tendency with her respect of martial prowess.  She is curious and eager to learn.  She tends to share her own experiences and thoughts with others.  She isn't given to flights of fancy.  She has a greedy streak.  She has a tendency to consider ideas and abstractions over practical applications.  She is not particularly interested in what others think of her.  She generally finds herself quite hopeful about the future.  She chews her cheek when she's angry.  She talks very rapidly after she's been surprised.  She scratches her head when she's thinking.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day. 

LuckyKobold, here's your flimsy weaking:

`LuckyKolbold' Onuladas, "`LuckyKolbold' Mirrorpassed", Hiding Kobold   
"This is my fight too.  I will take revenge!"
He feels vengeful when joining an existing conflict.  Within the last season, he was embarrassed after sleeping without a proper room.  He was interested near a fine Paved Road.  He was interested near a fine Seat.  He was annoyed at the lack of dining tables.  He was interested near a fine Bed.  He was interested near a fine Table.  He was dejected when caught in the rain.  He felt satisfied at work.  He was interested near a fine Seat.  He was interested near a fine Table. He was interested near a fine Table.  He was blissful dining in a fantastic dining room. 
He is the son of Asmel Lashedflier and Catten Giltmessiah. 
He is a citizen of The Tame Gears.  He is a member of The Revered Strangers.  He is a former member of The Distant Board.  He is a former member of The Oars of Quickness.  He arrived at Nanothstettad on the 28th of Hematite in the year 200. 
He is ninety-six years old, born on the 8th of Opal in the year 105. 
He is weak and skinny.  His sideburns are clean-shaven.  His very long moustache is arranged in double braids.  His very long beard is arranged in double braids.  His very long hair is arranged in double braids.  He has a fairly deep and raspy voice.  His ears are splayed out.  His lips are very thin.  His slightly sunken raw umber eyes are slightly close-set.  His hair is flax mixed with gray.  His skin is sandy taupe. 
He is indefatigable and quite quick to heal, but he is weak and very flimsy. 
`LuckyKolbold' Onuladas likes talc, steel, fortification agate, sloth bear leather, shad tooth, the color black, high boots, trousers, traction benches, toy hammers, yaks for their shaggy hair and dingoes for their coloration.  When possible, he prefers to consume tiger shark and bayberry wine.  He absolutely detests brown recluse spiders. 
He has good creativity and a good spatial sense, but he has a little difficulty with words and little natural inclination toward music. 
Like others in his culture, he holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, values cooperation, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce and finds nature somewhat disturbing.  He personally sees guile and cunning as indirect and somewhat worthless, finds maintaining decorum a silly, fumbling waste of time and sees working hard as a foolish waste of time.  He dreams of crafting a masterwork someday. 
He likes to present himself boldly, even if it would offend an average sense of modesty.  He is generally unhindered by the thoughts of others concerning his actions.  He likes to brawl.  He is curious and eager to learn.  He has a greedy streak.  He is brave in the face of imminent danger.  He often feels discouraged.  He is pleased by his own appearance and talents.  He occasionally overindulges.  He  often greets others with a hug.  He laughs in a unique way whenever he's annoyed.  He runs his fingers through his hair when he's annoyed.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day. 

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54