Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 54358 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #465 on: December 05, 2014, 12:01:39 am »

I love how the baby started a bout of vomiting as the fight wound down
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 05, 2014, 12:02:24 am »

I like that EvictedSaint threw a party as the stonecrafter broke down sobbing.

edit: Also the baby is vomitting because it was shot twice.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 05, 2014, 01:20:03 am »

Ok, it looks like we lost 4 soldiers, and a baby.
Hugo's foot got buggered up, with a damaged motor nerve. (Now she can master crutch fighting!)
and a baby has a stylish metal piercing through its liver.

Lost a rooster and a duck.

Goblins lost 11 fighters.

Goblins are chilling in the refuse bin. I have placed several new burial receptacles in the crypt.

Review of the hospital indicates that the well is not deep enough: The water is muddy. I will try to fix this.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:44:01 am by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 05, 2014, 01:21:32 am »

We're going to need some more armor.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 05, 2014, 01:44:52 am »

I have ordered the goblinite reclaimed. Without fuel to reprocess it though...  Well, let's see if anyone puts any on.

---

The human caravan has arrived. time to see what the neighbors brought us.

Koreg has demanded construction of thrones. (lol! just what I would expect from fearless leader)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:52:05 am by wierd »

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 05, 2014, 01:51:32 am »

We're going to need some more armor.

Awfully handy then that the goblins just brought us some, wouldn't you say?

Wierd, I don't see any civilian combat reports. Was there any excitement there, or did they all go hide in the inn as requested and stay most undwarvenly out of trouble?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 05, 2014, 01:54:00 am »

The goblin invaders entered at the south of the map. Most of the residents were already in the plum.
I issued a civilian alert to keep them in the plum, and other than little baby meat shields, no civilian casualties were encountered.

I have bolstered the ranks of the military so that both squads have been filled up, and assigned metal armor uniform to everyone.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 05, 2014, 01:55:38 am »

The old captain of the guard perished. For her heroism, HugoLuman is appointed new captain of the guard.

The human caravan has some useful material, but sadly, no wood.
They had 6 surface crops we dont have locally:
Ratweed
Strawberries
Radishes
Blueberries
Oats
Beets

With the initial bit of excess conglomerate mechanisms that were hauled to the trade depot, I cabbaged them up, along with splints and crutches. There's plenty of fabric in the caravan. in a minute I will cabbage up all the thread I can get my hands on, along with the cloth. It will make good fodder for the new clothier.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:31:50 am by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 05, 2014, 03:53:48 am »

Koreg and Wierd have formed a mutual grudge.

(fancy that!)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 05, 2014, 08:31:03 am »

Koreg and Wierd have formed a mutual grudge.

(fancy that!)

We hated each other literally seconds into the embark, that's why Koreg's been smack talking the entire time.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 05, 2014, 02:44:32 pm »

Hugo is out of the hospital, hobbling around on her crutch now, doing this and that.

The new recruits I conscripted have been given the 'soldier' profession, and they are nearly completely outfitted with metal armor uniform. Just need 3 more iron low boots. 

Sadly, we dont have any flux. That means no steel. The humans brought no flux stone boulders to buy, and I dont know if PK ordered any last year from the dwarves.  I suppose I could try digging deeper to look for flux, but iron is what the gobbos were armed with. Iron vs Iron is "bouncy bouncy attacks" all over, but at least it would be mutual. Our soldiers did pretty good considering they weren't equipped right. We can melt down all the iron crap later should we get a supply of flux to make steel.

I purchased all the iron anvils from the human caravan. 8 total. that's a fair chunk of iron.

Added a little more farm plot behind wierd's house to get better seasonal variety. Who wouldnt want blueberry schnapps as an option? ;)

My renter has reached competent status as a clothier. 

All of the previously vacant houses have been opened for simple lodging, per the land use rule, making them all owned.

Wood is tight, but there's a supply of charcoal supplying the forge. I constructed the lower level of one house out of conglomerate blocks. The upstairs of my rickety house is now made with 9 clay boulders bought from the caravans, to recycle the wood logs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 05, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »

If you are dead set against using wood for fuel than order the maximum amount of logs you can from the diplomat.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 05, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »

my investigations into the baron revealed that the elves we are currently "Friends" with have a surprising number of grizzly bears as pets.

Given we were quite lucky with the goblins this time around, I would like to avoid multiple sieges at the moment. So, no more cutting for the time being.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 05, 2014, 02:56:37 pm »

my investigations into the baron revealed that the elves we are currently "Friends" with have a surprising number of grizzly bears as pets.

Given we were quite lucky with the goblins this time around, I would like to avoid multiple sieges at the moment. So, no more cutting for the time being.
The Tamed Gears and The Reticent Elves have been at war in the past.
PKs DF Mod!

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 05, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »

Okay, I've had a chance to dig into Tosid "Maolagin" Wildboulders in legends now. I'm digging the epistolary format in this thread so far, so let's go with that...
Spoiler: Maolagin, weaver (click to show/hide)

Quote from: the collected parchments of Workdeep, a prosperous Mountain Hall beneath the Spike of Riddling
Dearest Mama Thikut,

I do apologize for waiting so long to write you, but Iral and I have undertaken quite the change in our fortunes, and getting a letter back to Workdeep is no longer a simple matter of asking a passing acquaintance to take it along on their next trip back down from the surface. I'm sure you've guessed from my last missives, it was this situation with the goblins that made up our mind to move. I was a mercenary by trade, but I don't mind saying I've never looked for a fight. For the past eighty-some years I've hired my sword to guard caravans and such, and never once killed a soul. Now that the new overlord is on the move, I say, leave the glory of battle to better warriors than I!

Well as fate would have it, we heard of a new settlement rising far to the east, beyond the Taciturn Waters. It's supposed to be entirely beyond the reach of the bureaucracy of the Mountainhome. While I've no objection to paying my just share of taxes -- although goodness do they vex my dear Iral! --  my mind is considerably at ease that here we'll be beyond the reach of a draft, should one be instituted. I may be kid sister to nobility now, but I don't care to rely on the Countess of Wildbrass for favors.

So here we find ourselves in the Village of Nevertaxed. There have been so many changes since leaving the old Hillock, where shall I start? I suppose I should first correct myself, lest I be caught in a dishonesty. I have, in fact, killed a thing now. The woods here are ancient and wild, and my skill with a sword was needed to put down a wounded beast. (Here follows a line, apparently scratched out as an afterthought, which appears to mention a goblin raid and a barricaded tavern.) However, overall we are as safe as could be, so don't worry after us now! Oh, and you'll be happy to know, you are once again a grandmother. I think young Zulban will have your eyes.

But I've saved the best news for last, of course. I have created the most wondrous thing, and now they are calling me a master weaver! In a fit of inspiration I wove a scarf, Colorfreezes they call it, and it is so beautiful I could burst for joy! I never thought I had such talent, but now the threads flow beneath my fingers like a wild landslide. Maybe it is the primeval air here. Whatever the cause, now I simply must stay. In fact, I've already been given permission to open a cloth shop, so I think we will be well provided for. And just so you know, I'm calling myself Maolagin now. It just came to me. New life, new name, don't you think?

Please convey my deepest affection to my brother and sisters. Warmest regards,
Tosid "Maolagin" Wildboulders, Weaver of Nevertaxed

(A later hand has added: Undated, but received in Workdeep in Sandstone of the year 200.)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54