Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals Tournament #3, the rivalening  (Read 15908 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals Tournament #3, the rivalening
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2015, 04:40:51 pm »

By the way, I found out a fun thing in the battle with Orb: If you cancel an action to do something else, then cancel that and do something else, you'll do the second thing (the first else). For example, if you use Spikes -> cancel -> Roost you end up using Spikes, but Spikes -> cancel -> Roost -> cancel -> Roost gets you Roost.

I think. This could use more testing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:42:39 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »

By the way, I found out a fun thing in the battle with Orb: If you cancel an action to do something else, then cancel that and do something else, you'll do the second thing (the first else). For example, if you use Spikes -> cancel -> Roost you end up using Spikes, but Spikes -> cancel -> Roost -> cancel -> Roost gets you Roost.

I think. This could use more testing.

The way it works is: if you cancel and select something else before your opponent selects their action, then your new action is used. But if you cancel and select something else but during that time your opponent made their decision, your original choice is used. Hopefully that makes sense.
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2015, 05:26:56 pm »

Plus or minus lag and server communication confusion.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2015, 02:54:44 pm »

Alright, we're close enough that it's time to start the next round.

Scores so far stand as:
Code: [Select]
1) RoryTehNoob     15 points
2) Culise     11 points
3) Urist Imiknorris 9 points
4) Orb             8 points
5) Bluerobin     6 points
Which means that Rory, Urist, Orb, and I get an additional Custom Pass from Round 5.

Round 6 checklist:
-Pick a new Pokemon from the available routes. Since you now have 7 Pokemon, you can swap your team around, as long as you keep your starter on the team. YOU CAN SWITCH AT ANY TIME, EVEN BETWEEN BATTLES IN THE SAME ROUND.
-All Pokemon are level 85 and still have all EVs.
-Pick one more item (up to 8 items and 2 berries).
-Get ready to battle the Gate Keeper! This will be Rory using a team that he and I collaborate on.
-AFTER you battle the Gate Keeper you'll get 2 passes, plus one more if you win.
-ALSO after battling the Gate Keeper you can trade ONE of your Pokemon (not your starter) for a clone of one Pokemon in use by someone else. This Pokemon can have whatever moves, nature, and ability you want, you don't have to copy how the original owner has it set up. For instance, I could get rid of my Escavalier and get a Talonflame. This is permanent, so think carefully.

Route lists:

Spoiler: Gate Keeper info (click to show/hide)

Also, final confirmation. The last round WILL have legendaries available, but only ones in OU and below.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »

Wait a minute, Orb has a Toxic TM. Orb, would you like to trade it for any of mine? I've got Psyshock, Ice Beam, Protect, Roost, and Energy Ball. Your Skarmory might appreciate some healing, what with Weak Armor's defense drops.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2015, 03:33:22 pm »

Which means that Rory, Urist, Orb, and I get an additional Custom Pass from Round 5.
:D

I'll be online for a bit, in case Orb appears again. 

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2015, 10:37:33 am »

BR, what platform should we meet on to build the gatekeeper team?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2015, 10:39:28 am »

Would Showdown work? Or do you want something else? I'm not sure how much time I'll have today, but tomorrow and Thursday should be better.

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2015, 03:31:19 pm »

Sure. I'll try to meet you on there in the next couple days.

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2015, 07:45:00 pm »

Double posting because I can't catch BR on showdown. Maybe we should each just contribute three pokes.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2015, 09:17:08 pm »

Yeah, sorry, I forgot I was going to be out of town. I'll send you a PM to figure something out.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2015, 01:00:31 pm »

Well that little bit out of town took me completely out of communication when I didn't expect it to. Sorry everyone. Rory and I have been talking and I've got my contribution to the team sent, so we should be able to get rolling shortly. Hopefully people are still around.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2015, 05:11:18 pm »

Is it okay if I don't pick a new pokemon because whatever it is I'm just going to trade it away?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2015, 12:34:01 pm »

Well that little bit out of town took me completely out of communication when I didn't expect it to. Sorry everyone. Rory and I have been talking and I've got my contribution to the team sent, so we should be able to get rolling shortly. Hopefully people are still around.
I'm still kinda floating around, though I don't have a new Pokemon for my team.  I want to finish my Round 5 matches before I rebuild my team.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2015, 03:03:29 pm »

Urist, that's ok, although if you end up wanting to change your team up next round you'll be limited to just the additional Pokemon from that round. If you can think of anything you might want it could be worth getting it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14