Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Nations of Etraxia OOC  (Read 25069 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Etraxia OOC
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2015, 07:52:35 pm »

Hey hey hey, you can't blame me for this I didn't do anything. Though it looks like those priestesses seem to like going low, you dig? :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »

Oi

Theocracies are supposed to be free of corruption

Priestesses are supposed to have high moral standing

Bloody damnit

I blame Rakdar :P

Also I need money so I'm trying to figure out how I can keep the Stone I'm getting while using the Gems in a trade route...can I ask in approximately what order different things give economic bonuses for trade routes(since I would think that, say, Lumber doesn't give as much wealth gain from this as things like Gold or Silver do).

Also I'm wondering what can use Manpower as the primary cost resource...

and question: Does income happen before or after actions?

Forgot to add in that you were trading gold.
More valuable things give larger economic bonuses; gold, pearls, silver, etc. gives large bonuses. Grain, fish, lumber gives low bonuses.
Manpower is primarily used for recruitment, but can be used for almost anything that you require lots of young, unemployed men for.
Income happens before actions.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »

EDIT: Ignore me.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2015, 08:10:11 pm »

Manpower is primarily used for recruitment, but can be used for almost anything that you require lots of young, unemployed men for.
That wording...
N-no.  The Empress is not nearly that dissolute.

I tried. >.>

Bloody administrative corruption.
I had a corruption problem, too.  If it helps, I dealt with it by sending in the secret police.  Remember, personal corruption is a conspiracy against the State.  Or a mortal sin against the Faith, in your case. :3

EDIT: Odd.  Edit a post, get a second post in return?  It wasn't hitting the "Quote" button by mistake, either; there aren't any extraneous quote tags, and it's only the modify link that shows up as clicked.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2015, 08:16:47 pm »

Not sure if any of the stuff I currently have counts as secret police. Maybe.

And presumably women, as well, at least in Istania. :P

Hmmm...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »

Not sure if any of the stuff I currently have counts as secret police. Maybe.

And presumably women, as well, at least in Istania. :P

Hmmm...

Even in societies that have very little gender equality [woops] in which both genders are remarkably equal (such as modern day industrialized countries), women still almost never serve in the military. There may be exceptions (think Joan of Arc), but even in situations like that the primary fuel of your military engine will be men. This is not gender inequality, it is simply that men are biologically stronger than women, which caused such a distinction. Even if women have more rights than men (a matriarchy), men still might be the bulk of the military. If you get enough National Ideas focused on this sort of shit, I may increase your manpower by like 50% to signify the influx of women in the military, but I certainly will not allow you to start like that [PS: And before people start protesting, yes, I goddamn know there are some countries that have had women in the military, that is not the point I'm trying to make >.>].
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:58:02 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »

Typically, not biologically :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »

What?

I was just going to go with the fluff of something like 35% of the Manpower being women.

And I was mostly referring to non-military stuff.

Not actually larger manpower income.

Hell, in my nation's background I put that women serve in the military, but not as much as men, since it's part of the societal expectation that the men put their lives on the line to protect the Mother.

In modern day industrialized countries, strength isn't exactly needed to control drone strikes...and the US, at least, recently passed laws so that women could serve in the same capacities as men(this is not me being proud; I am in fact rather embarrassed that it took this long), and Israel has had both men and women in the military for a long time, not least because they require military service from most citizens.

But not the point. It was fluff, not crunch, I was referring to.

Other note: Women have a higher pain tolerance than men, biologically. It helps cope with the pain of childbirth. So while a man is naturally stronger, a woman could be said to be naturally tougher, and could train harder for longer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2015, 09:17:54 pm »

What?

I was just going to go with the fluff of something like 35% of the Manpower being women.

And I was mostly referring to non-military stuff.

Not actually larger manpower income.

Hell, in my nation's background I put that women serve in the military, but not as much as men, since it's part of the societal expectation that the men put their lives on the line to protect the Mother.

In modern day industrialized countries, strength isn't exactly needed to control drone strikes...and the US, at least, recently passed laws so that women could serve in the same capacities as men(this is not me being proud; I am in fact rather embarrassed that it took this long), and Israel has had both men and women in the military for a long time, not least because they require military service from most citizens.

But not the point. It was fluff, not crunch, I was referring to.

Other note: Women have a higher pain tolerance than men, biologically. It helps cope with the pain of childbirth. So while a man is naturally stronger, a woman could be said to be naturally tougher, and could train harder for longer.

Mmmm, I'll let some of your manpower be female, than. However, there will still be "sexist" (not as in thinking they are inferior, but over-protective) attitudes within the military. Though there still are females in the military, they are either rare or play more of a support role. Of course, there's that occasional shieldmaiden who defies all expectations of her and charges into battle with the vanguard. Sound acceptable?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2015, 09:22:09 pm »

More or less what I was expecting/desirable of in any case. They'd probably be the commanders and the like. Officers and whatnot(men can't be trusted to make the decisions! The Goddess doesn't guide their minds, only their blades! (sidenote: none of this is an attempt to parody feminism. I support women's rights and am not trying to do the stupid shitty thing where a 'men's rights' activist tries to make a matriarchal society to do things like 'oh look at the poor men so oppressed be sad for them'. I made this nation because I liked the idea of a religious matriarchy that was such because of the creation myth, my thinking of which is what started this idea in the first place). The only real 'frontliners' would probably be religious troops, once I get them. (WARRIOR NUNS FTW)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2015, 12:43:14 am »

Come on guys. Post your turns.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41:27 pm »

Been busy.

With being sick.

And also trying to remember all the stuff I wanted to do.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2015, 09:47:55 pm »

Yeah, been a little busy doing something on the side for this (And I get distracted and such.)

Mind you, now that's passed I can start with my turn, with a little side of FREEDOM appearing in it :P

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2015, 05:11:22 pm »

*ahem*

It's been 10 days. You really should all have your turns in by now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2015, 10:42:57 pm »

...You've set the pace for the game with the update time. I'm not accusing you, I'm just saying it takes quite a bit of time to regain momentum and enthusiasm for a game.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27