Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Nations of Etraxia OOC  (Read 25088 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Etraxia OOC
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2014, 02:36:52 pm »

Honestly, I'm surprised I have gems, actually. I'm fine with grain since I did say it was agriculture focused, and I'm fine with horses, since I figure it'll give a larger strategic bonus to cavalry(and also make me a little bit more important of a trading partner eheheh)

Though, we aren't really going long distances on the ocean, we're just doing coastal routes, seems like...but whatever, doesn't matter too much for me anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »

I have Silver, and Citrus.

Evil, I would trade with you once I find more advanced shipping technology.

Lets start traiding now, and let our merchants find ways to advance shipping technology. It would be a great initiative for them.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2014, 04:24:38 pm »

I think I know my two natural trading partners...

And, DBTM, if you really don't want us looking at the stuff, you should probably PM it. I haven't been able to resist checking what trade goods people have(for one thing, the generic info like trade goods and population size should probably be public info anyway, since it's hard to keep that a secret easily, and rather obvious you're doing so if you are). The maps I could almost understand keeping a secret, as well as treasury and the like is fairly obvious why, but unless military bases are listed there, it's going to be fairly obvious to everyone where the major cities are on the island(yes, I have looked at the player's nation sheets, no, I have not looked at the maps. I only looked at the player's sheets for the trade goods. >.>)

So if everyone has a population of around 330k, and everyone's wealth and resources are based on that...is military based on that too? Because it doesn't look like a calculation like th others were for me(waaah I don't have highest pop waaaah oh well maybe that was asking too much).

And can you give us an idea of what constitutes good or bad public order, and how to raise it?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2014, 04:41:00 pm »

Well I haven't looked at the other sheets yet  ;D (Don't intend to, unless I'm given permission!)

Do you have a time frame when you want first turns in? I'm waiting on some Ambassadors (PMs) before I make my turn, but I'll definitely make up a plan B if I'm holding anything up!

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2014, 04:42:46 pm »

I think I know my two natural trading partners...

And, DBTM, if you really don't want us looking at the stuff, you should probably PM it. I haven't been able to resist checking what trade goods people have(for one thing, the generic info like trade goods and population size should probably be public info anyway, since it's hard to keep that a secret easily, and rather obvious you're doing so if you are). The maps I could almost understand keeping a secret, as well as treasury and the like is fairly obvious why, but unless military bases are listed there, it's going to be fairly obvious to everyone where the major cities are on the island(yes, I have looked at the player's nation sheets, no, I have not looked at the maps. I only looked at the player's sheets for the trade goods. >.>)

So if everyone has a population of around 330k, and everyone's wealth and resources are based on that...is military based on that too? Because it doesn't look like a calculation like th others were for me(waaah I don't have highest pop waaaah oh well maybe that was asking too much).

And can you give us an idea of what constitutes good or bad public order, and how to raise it?

I don't really want to PM it, since 1. that is ALOT of PMs, and 2. Spectators and those who successfully spy on them will be able to see their information.

Next turn when the information gets more in depth, I'll put some stuff (pop, trade goods) out of spoilers, and some stuff (wealth, military) in spoilers.

No, military is not based on population; though, as you get higher military, it gets impossible to support it.

Good public order is above 0, bad public order is below 0. Raise it by doing things that make your population happy or controlled (military suppression, secret police, parades, propaganda, tax cuts, trade goods), and lower it by doing things that make your population rebellious (FAILED military suppression or relying too much upon it, drafting, recessions, being a bad king, etc.)
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »

Well I haven't looked at the other sheets yet  ;D (Don't intend to, unless I'm given permission!)

Do you have a time frame when you want first turns in? I'm waiting on some Ambassadors (PMs) before I make my turn, but I'll definitely make up a plan B if I'm holding anything up!

I'd like first turns in within three to four days, but I'm willing to wait up to a week.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2014, 04:51:17 pm »

A few days should probably be more than enough time! I'll assume if I haven't received replies in a few days that my ambassadors probably got lost at sea, or the countries they visited decided their heads would look better on spikes outside their castle walls. :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2014, 05:04:13 pm »

Or they got held up by miles of red tape. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2014, 07:24:40 pm »

I have Copper, and Stone.

I'll trade with you, yami, Copper for Silver. Maybe some stone for citrus, too, to make people happier.

((Also, I'm the militaristic nation, and I'm surrounded by scientists and engineers. Yeesssss.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »

Since we're all sharing our trade goods, I have gold, silk, and pottery.  I wouldn't mind trading as well for things like copper, tin, stone, or lumber. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2014, 10:02:35 pm »

I don't know if we can use trade goods that are being traded to use...

I'll trade gems to people, gladly. I'd like something a little more beneficial for Horses, though, I think.

DBTM, what strategic bonus do I get for using Horses?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2014, 10:03:56 pm »

I don't know if we can use trade goods that are being traded to use...

I'll trade gems to people, gladly. I'd like something a little more beneficial for Horses, though, I think.

DBTM, what strategic bonus do I get for using Horses?

You can either use them to get reduced cavalry costs/increased strength or increased troop speed. Maybe a different bonus if you can think/convince me of one. (also, you're right; you cannot use/do not get a bonus to income from trade goods that you are trading away).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:49 pm »

I meant the goods from another nation that we're trading with.

Gems give a bonus to public order, yes?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2014, 10:17:59 pm »

I meant the goods from another nation that we're trading with.

Gems give a bonus to public order, yes?

Yes, primarily focused on the upper classes (so if you have high amounts of unrest among the lower classes, gems won't help much).

theyamikami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2014, 04:05:50 am »

I have Copper, and Stone.

I'll trade with you, yami, Copper for Silver. Maybe some stone for citrus, too, to make people happier.

((Also, I'm the militaristic nation, and I'm surrounded by scientists and engineers. Yeesssss.))
Sounds good
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27