Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Nations of Etraxia OOC  (Read 25108 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Etraxia OOC
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2014, 01:14:47 pm »

Is the military composed of the units presented in our background? And is the army a permanent standing army?

Also, what does SK mean?

Yes; the "percentages" you gave me is your army composition.

The army is a permanent army. All the men represent career soldiers.

SK means skill. Your max through training is 5 (6 for playergamer), but it can be higher or lower. You want higher; it will increase your chances of winning battles.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2014, 01:52:07 pm »

Almost finished your turns, folks?

thefik21

• Bay Watcher
  • Metal AF Homeboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2014, 02:27:55 pm »

I've finished my turn. I'd like to apologize though... I have thirteen actions.

Are you gonna do the turns if some people don't post in time?
10/10 Would Sex Again.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2014, 03:06:53 pm »

Eh, this game kind of requires full player participation. I need to wait until either everybody posts, or my patience grows too thin and I replace them with someone else.

EDIT: If you let me know BEFOREHAND that you can't post for awhile, I'll automate your nation. In no other circumstance, however.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2014, 03:19:28 pm »

Thing is, the point economy means that we can't sustain that for too long without imploding, so it's fortunate for our GM that it can't be a regular thing.  I had at least 13 orders on Turn 2, too, depending on how you count the embassy reports, and my power point reserves tanked hard. ^_^

thefik21

• Bay Watcher
  • Metal AF Homeboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2014, 05:26:34 pm »

Thing is, the point economy means that we can't sustain that for too long without imploding, so it's fortunate for our GM that it can't be a regular thing.  I had at least 13 orders on Turn 2, too, depending on how you count the embassy reports, and my power point reserves tanked hard. ^_^

Yeah. I've played a nation RTD with DBTM before. I actually gave him the idea for economic size. You always have a lot of cushion in the beginning. Know that the numbers he gave us to start with are actually quite a bit. At least for me they are. I'm a spendy dude. Just as long as your not negative, you're okay.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:33:16 pm by thefik21 »
10/10 Would Sex Again.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:49 pm »

~ GM ANNOUNCEMENT ~

Going to announce this right now; if you want to set up diplomatic relations with someone publicly/so it has a mechanical effect, you are to say who and what. Simply saying "Embassies to people too." will not cut it; I have to keep track of nine of you, and my notes are simply not expansive enough to keep track of all this. If you want to set up an embassy, say "SET UP EMBASSY HERE, HERE, AND HERE." If you want to ALLOW someone's embassy (they asked or something), say "ALLOW BLANK'S EMBASSY". If you simply state "build embassy", there's like a 5% chance that I'll actually put it in the turn.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2014, 09:54:53 am »

~ GM ANNOUNCEMENT ~

Going to announce this right now; if you want to set up diplomatic relations with someone publicly/so it has a mechanical effect, you are to say who and what. Simply saying "Embassies to people too." will not cut it; I have to keep track of nine of you, and my notes are simply not expansive enough to keep track of all this. If you want to set up an embassy, say "SET UP EMBASSY HERE, HERE, AND HERE." If you want to ALLOW someone's embassy (they asked or something), say "ALLOW BLANK'S EMBASSY". If you simply state "build embassy", there's like a 5% chance that I'll actually put it in the turn.

What is the effect of having an embassy in another nation? Since we are allowed to speak with eachother freely anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2014, 11:04:55 am »

Espionage, I'd assume.  Diplomats are basically state-authorized spies that both sides know about.  :P

Actually, come to think, it is a little odd that we're throwing around permanent embassies in the Bronze Age, but as it goes. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:07:12 am by Culise »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2014, 01:06:23 pm »

They'd be terrible at espionage though, given that everyone would suspect them of harbouring spies :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2014, 01:19:29 pm »

They'd be terrible at espionage though, given that everyone would suspect them of harbouring spies :P
Nah, they're the distraction.  You have to watch them and the shenanigans they get up to, which draws resources from the spies you don't know about.  If you don't watch them, though, their own shenanigans go unchecked. 

Of course, like embassies, codified diplomatic immunity also didn't exist yet, so they can't really serve as a guaranteed safe house for any revealed agents yet...

theyamikami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2014, 12:14:41 am »

Merry Christmas everybody

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2014, 03:13:51 pm »

Alright, I've returned from vacation and will begin working on the turn. Hope to get it up within a week.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2014, 04:16:38 am »

But we are still waiting for Knave to post his/her turn, right?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2015, 05:21:37 pm »

New turn is up. As always, let me know if I made any mistakes or if you have any questions.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27