Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Nations of Etraxia  (Read 12526 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Etraxia
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2015, 07:30:42 pm »

Year 2, Spring

As spring arrives, chaos breaks out within Etraxia.

The Republic of Rantessa, which had so recently risen from the ashes of the old Empire, has collapsed. A failed coup d'etat by the upset nobles who reigned before the prosperous merchants of the current day has plunged the nation into a civil war. The nobility have formed the Royalist faction, while the merchants and those loyal to them have formed the Loyalist faction. The country is evenly split, and the war has already wreaked havoc on the area…

In other news, the nation of Xerithania has gone silent. Merchants and explorers who have traveled into the Northern Lands have failed to return, and none have heard from the region. It’s as if the land has gone dark…

Meanwhile, whispers of a dark organization have become widespread, but only the name of it is shared by the rumours: the Syndicate…

Etraxia is entering a dark time, made worse by the petty squabbles of the nations inhabiting it. Will the fledgeling nations survive, or fall into disarray without the firm hand of Mann guiding it?

[ As always, let me know if I made any mistakes or you have any questions. One thing I DO want to clarify; LEVEL and SKILL are different things. Generally, Skill is unique to soldiers, and LEVEL is for most other things. LEVEL 0 = Little/No Experience, LEVEL 1 = Experienced, LEVEL 2 = Veteran, LEVEL 3 = Elite, etc. LEVEL 5 is the max level without supernatural/magical intervention. ]

Spoiler: Playergamer; Dunik (click to show/hide)
National Focus: Military
Population: 339,000
Prosperity: Low.
 Trade Goods: Copper, Stone [trade for Gems], Nature Gems (half) [trade for Dye], Bronze (half).

Spoiler: Taricus; Rakdar (click to show/hide)
National Focus: Dominance
Population: 352,000
Prosperity: Medium.
Trade Goods: Furs [in use], Marble, Copper.

Spoiler: Evil Marahadja; Narsis (click to show/hide)
National Focus: Magic
Population: 291,000
Trade Goods: Coffee [in use], Dyes [trade for Nature Gems], Nature Gems (half) [in use].

Spoiler: Culise; Serica (click to show/hide)
National Focus: Production.
Population: 358,000.
Prosperity: Very High.
Trade Goods: Gold [in use], Silk [trade route: Istania], Pottery [trade route: Avezol], Tin [in use], Silver [in use].

Spoiler: Rolepgeek; Istania (click to show/hide)
National Focus: Religion
Population: 347,000
Prosperity: Med-High.
Trade Goods: Gems [traded for Stone], Horses, Gold [trade route], Grain.

Spoiler: theyamikami; Avezol (click to show/hide)
National Focus: Science
Population: 378,000
Trade Goods: Silver [trade route; Serica], Citrus.

Spoiler: thefik21; Salatia (click to show/hide)
Population: 363,000
Prosperity: Very Low.
Trade Goods: Salt [in use], Fish [in use].
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:45:43 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2015, 07:31:28 pm »

Actions

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:46:54 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2015, 08:27:01 am »

Note: At the moment I am out and traveling. I will still be able to connect from time to time, but when I reach parts of Asia where internet is more sparse I might be offline for a week or so. We will se. Here is part of my turns. Will most likely add more later, if I have time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:38:29 am by Evil Marahadja »

thefik21

• Bay Watcher
  • Metal AF Homeboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2015, 05:41:18 pm »

Salaedar XVII sat waiting for his court to arrive. He looked longingly at the scars of his hand. He often missed the use of his hand, but that's just a part of the job. Kriedar was the first to arrive, she was early. She greeted Salaedar with her low male voice. It is a custom in our nation to refer to the members of each church by the gender of their god, and not by their real sex. "You look troubled my lord." She said.

"Indeed I am. A troubled young man came and spoke to me recently." Salaedar replied.

Kriedar smiled and laughed "What could one troubled young man say that would make The Empty One look so pale?"

Salaedar shifted in his throne. He looked uneasy indeed. His training had been in dealing with stressful situations, and gaining control of his own body physically and emotionally. He was the best at it in the nation. How could he be so troubled? Salaedar took a moment to compose himself and said "Heathens disgust me, Kriedar. I am sick of them. All they do is scheme and plot against me. I am a kind man. What have I done to deserve this?" Salaedar's eyes began to water.

No one had ever seen Salaedar so upset. Kriedar was furious, "What have they done to you my holiness? I swear by Kriellus and Radiv, I will hunt them down make them feel safe, then rip them limb from limb!"

Salaedar took a moment again to compose himself. He spoke softly in an attempt to mask the shakiness of his voice, "You are too kind Kriedar, but we musn't feed the beast. The man I spoke to was a trained assassin from another nation. He wore the crest of Salae. He had been educated in our faith. He had converted in this process and feared that they may attempt to kill me, so he came to warn me. I don't think he quite understands what this meant though. I fear someone may be trying to frame us."

Kriedar set her hand on Salaedar's. This time she spoke sternly, "Who did this to us my lord for it shall be the last thing that they do. I swear."

"I do not know. The assassin feared his life would become endangered if he told me." Salaedar brought Kriedar in close and whispered something in her ear.

Kriedar grinned.

The other members of the court entered together just as this happened. Gradar looked at the two of them and said with disgust:

"I hate it when she grins like that."

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:52:13 pm by thefik21 »
10/10 Would Sex Again.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2015, 12:42:43 pm »

"Will you go see him?"  Empress Andria's chancellor looked at her somewhat nervously, though the Empress had noted by now that the poor man seemed to do almost everything nervously.  "T-the assassin, I mean."

She paused in looking through the latest reports from Hanhai, turning to look at him.  "And why should I gratify him with such?  He attempted to kill me, succeeded in killing my husband.  He will die for the crime of attempted regicide as a dog, not a man, and I shall grant no respect to curs such as he."  Without any outward sign of concern, she returned her attention to the papers. 

"Then, the next matter is the merchants.  A party of three, from Salorica.  They wanted to ask what you will do about the latest increase in Istanian tariffs."  He didn't quite fidget, but somehow, he gave across the sense of doing so without actually doing it.  She looked up at him; it was actually almost impressive, in an odd sort of way.

"Thank you; I will meet with them at their formal audience, and give my response then.  You may reassure them, however, that I will take appropriate action to...dissuade Istania, if need be."

The chamberlain bowed deeply.  "Yes, thank you, Your Excellency.  In that case, I will leave you to your work."

"Oh," she added in a dismissive tone, causing him to stop right at the room's threshold. "As for the spy, take care of them.  Properly, that is.  The information he sold us is worth his life, after all."

The chamberlain bowed.  "I shall see to it at once."

The Empire of Serica is pleased to report the production of new tokens of currency from the Imperial Mint, which we term "coins" in either golden cowries or silver tahils.  All future trade with the Empire will be conducted in these tokens of wealth, as opposed to reciprocal barter exchanges or the use of larger tokens such as ingots.  In order to assuage concerns about our coins as far as their value is concerned, all Serican coins are guaranteed to be struck from pure metals, and are imprinted with the seal of the Empress on the facing side and a pattern representing woven silk on the obverse side to discourage counterfeiting or filing. 

In addition, a date for the public execution of the traitor who attempted to murder our Empress has been set.  In response to rumours concerning the religious origin of the culprit or that a foreign national was captured along with the traitor, the Empress urges all to remain calm.  If any blame is to be placed, it shall be conducted in accordance with the laws of the land, and if necessary, our armed forces. 

In other and completely unrelated news, diplomats from Rakdar have been sent away unhappy after high-level diplomatic talks with that nation regarding the capture of a spy, admitted by Rakdar to be theirs, within our borders.  We wish to remind all nations that business conducted in Serica must be conducted in accordance with the law.  Acts of espionage will not be tolerated, especially where these acts also concern high-level operations by the Imperial Inspectorate into acts of high treason against the Empire itself. 

Finally, Serican forces are being sent to the Rantessan border in light of unrest in that nation.  While they are not under orders to cross the border, contingency plans have been made in the event that any other nation attempts to take advantage of the unrest by sending their own armies into that nation.  In order to prevent the chaos from expanding into a general escalation, we suggest that no nations intervene in Rantessa. 

Spoiler: Serica Actions, Turn 4 (click to show/hide)

OOC EDIT:
Heee~.  Forgot that Rakdar is one of the few countries to not have an embassy in Serica; corrected my IC and orders.  Maybe I should give Taricus an embassy in my capital just so I can have something to shut down. ^_^

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:11:05 pm by Culise »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

Spoiler: Dunik Military Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dunik Economy Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Revision 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:31:26 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2015, 04:21:55 pm »

Spoiler: Admin (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

The Madrea grimaced as she sat down. She still had not yet recovered from the disaster that had struck their capital. Who had come up with such an idea, anyway? Perverting the faith of the Mother into such a hideous abomination...She had been a fool to allow it to go through.

And there were so many things to tend to, now. She had to delegate. She couldn't catch everything. And that, she knew, was why something was bound to go wrong. Relations with Serica seemed to have deteriorated, and they had not received any word from Xerithania, much less any hefty supplies of wood. And with Rantessa falling into civil war, while Rakdar waited to pounce at any moment...it was a dark time indeed, for Etraxia. Her advisor spoke up, unnerved by the woman's stillness in her chair for the past few minutes as she thought.

"...Madrea? Are you feeling unwell?"

The Madrea smiled sadly at the theologian and coughed before responding, trying to avoid straining herself.

"Lately, I have always been feeling unwell. But the Mother, much as she might wish, cannot carry my burdens for me. I must help instead, to carry Hers. But enough of an old woman's trivial pains. There is much to do.

"Of...of course, Holiness. S-Serica has made an announcement of what seems to be their intent to stop any nation from sending armies into Rantessa, and appears ready to enforce it. Additionally, they appear to be adopting a standardized coin system. Should we follow suit?"

"In all likelihood, yes. But not at the moment. We can put in plans to do so over the next year or so, perhaps. What concerns me more is their threat of force. Our men and women have already mobilized....put out an announcement to them, and any other countries we have at least moderately cordial relations with, concerning the matter. Hopefully we can resolve this peacefully."

"Of course, Madrea. Shall I send for your tea? With your wound..."

"Yes yes I'll be fine, Thamie. Go, go see what can be done to salvage the situation. I will not die of this. My time has not yet come."

The Caricellia bowed deeply before leaving the spiritual and actual leader of their country to ponder, and ache, and see to the many other appointments that had to be made before the day was out...

The Mother's Church publicly declares it's intention to try and assist those in Rantessa who have been ill-affected by the civil war; refugees and those without true protectors against bandits or the soldiers of the wars whom are often little better than the thugs they were originally meant to shield against. They do not have any intention so far of involving themselves in the war itself, and ask for other nations to stay out of the conflict as well. Their troops are there to provide security to the Istanian people, safe passage to those fleeing the war, and supplies to those still in the region uninvolved with the fighting, but yet hurt by it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2015, 10:02:08 pm »

Narsis proudly announce its new alliance with Dunik. From now on, the two nations will fight as one. Both in offense and defense.

Spoiler: For GM (click to show/hide)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2015, 10:11:34 pm »

Minor order updates due to forgetting to put any admin orders in.  Also tweaked some earlier orders.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2015, 02:11:07 am »

The news about Rantessa's uprising had come as rather welcome news, with the nobility putting the commons (Regardless of wealth) back into their proper place. The spy being captured in Serica wasn't too much of a concern, though the ramifications of the supposed empress levelling accusations towards Rakdar in regards to it's spies actions they would be dealt with in time.

And Istania... Would be Istania. Though a few ideas were being thought out to catch them flat-footed.

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

theyamikami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2015, 10:14:51 pm »

Avezol will also be sending peacekeepers to Rantessa, through Dunik's borders. Dunik has agreed to this, and as such, this is not to be misconstrued as an act of war. We will also be offering refugees a place within some of Avezol's new colonies.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:17 am »

Year 2, Summer

The summer has arrived, and the warm rains have begun to fall. A typical harvest is predicted.

Rantessa is still in chaos. Peacekeepers belonging to primarily Dunik and Avezol have gone in to quell the situation, supported by mages from Narsis. Serica also seems ready to help stabilize the situation. The situation has continued to evolve within the fractured country, as well. The Loyalists have claimed the islands, broken into their distinct groups; among them is the city-state of Torkal, based in the port of Issola. Candria (or atleast part of it) has also declared their independence from Rantessa, and re-established the Monarchy. They seem to have the full support of the Royalist faction. Meanwhile, Xerithania still maintains their silence…

[ Alright, if you have any questions let me know; and make sure to let me know if I made any mistakes in your sheets. There are likely to still be new players joining the chaos in Rantessa, but for now RulerOfNothing has been the only one to be introduced into the game as a city-state.]

National Focus: Military
Population: 339,000
 Trade Goods: Copper, Stone [trade for Gems], Nature Gems (half) [trade for Dye], Bronze (half).

National Focus: Dominance
Population: 352,000
Trade Goods: Furs [in use], Marble, Copper.

National Focus: Magic
Population: 291,000
Trade Goods: Coffee [in use], Dyes [trade for Nature Gems], Nature Gems (half) [in use].

National Focus: Production.
Population: 361,000.
Prosperity: Very High.
Trade Goods: Gold [in use], Silk [trade route: Istania], Pottery [trade route: Avezol], Tin [in use], Silver [in use].

Population: 347,000
Prosperity: Med-High.
Trade Goods: Gems [traded for Stone], Horses [traded for Timber], Gold [trade route], Grain [in use].

National Focus: Science
Population: 378,000
Trade Goods: Silver [trade route; Serica], Citrus.

Population: 363,000
Prosperity: Very Low.
Trade Goods: Salt [in use], Fish [in use].

Spoiler: RulerOfNothing (click to show/hide)
National Focus: Infrastructure.
Population: 37,000.
Trade Goods: Tools [limited: no bronze].
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:46:10 am by DontBanTheMan »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:44 am »

Actions

Spoiler: Serica; Culise (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Istania; Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Avezol; theyamikami (click to show/hide)

Battles

Spoiler: Battle of Orlan Pass (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle of Silvestre (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle of Desmalora (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Siege of Carrack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle of Castor Shore (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:42:51 pm by DontBanTheMan »

thefik21

• Bay Watcher
  • Metal AF Homeboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2015, 07:17:00 pm »

Come one! Come all to Salatia! We have the lowest tax rate in all of Etraxia, and we have excellent opportunities for anyone looking to grow their business! For the next year, Salatian businesses don't have to pay fees, and all businesses/guilds will receive government subsidies at the end of the next 12 months to grow your business! Remember, the more successful you are the bigger your subsidy will be, so beat out the competition! These subsidies will be given every year from now on! So come to Salatia: The Land of Opportunity. May Grallus guide you to your inevitable prosperity!

Spoiler: More Stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:45:13 pm by thefik21 »
10/10 Would Sex Again.

theyamikami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2015, 04:26:28 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8