Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do with Kadol?

Make him starve in a locked room.
- 1 (1.4%)
Send him to the depths and abandon him.
- 9 (12.5%)
Send him to the depths but try and get him to survive but arming and feeding him.
- 49 (68.1%)
Launch him with a bridge.
- 7 (9.7%)
Something else?
- 6 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Decide the Fate of this Dwarf!  (Read 3072 times)

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decide the Fate of this Dwarf!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 11:55:04 pm »

Send him to the depths with armor, a butcher shop and a kitchen. He must survive for a set amount of years of your choosing.

Pakkanen

• Bay Watcher
  • Try some alchemy!!
    • View Profile
    • Second Phase Software
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 11:43:56 am »

Make him go trough an ordeal. Create a set of rooms that have different obstacles in them.
For example have him fight different kind of monsters/beasts for 100 rooms or have him climb a set number of z-levels up a rough rock wall to earn his freedom.
~Volvo kauhee laiva tehoo täytyy olla liikkuu joskus BMW ei ikinä perä vaivaa mese joo mut ei riitä hitsi lanka voi otta sellasen

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »

Put him through the justice system! Dwarves will probably be happy to see the criminal brought to justice even after the thought rewrite, and he'll probably still be ridiculously happy to be freed.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 03:12:39 pm »

I say no trial by ordeal.  Beating up angry alligators with your bare hands will not resurrect the legendary weaponsmith.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 03:21:35 pm »

I say no trial by ordeal.  Beating up angry alligators with your bare hands will not resurrect the legendary weaponsmith.
And it's a waste of perfectly good alligators

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 03:34:10 pm »

It would however result in either justice or a dwarf of herculean strength and prestige.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 03:42:51 pm »

I say into the depths with some armour, weapons, and chests/weaponracks/armour stands/beds. Set up barracks everywhere, set his one dwarf squad to train in them, and set him to off active duty with mil gear on. He can also have two rocks: one to build a butcher's, one to build a tanner's. Put a stockpile for corpses by the butcher's, enable butchery and tanning on him, and there you have a randomly wandering murder machine in the caverns. The catch? He can never come back. He will be the first of the cavern outcasts. Those who have committed heinous crimes will be cast down into the depths of cavern layer 3, and there they shall live the rest of their years, however short they may be.

Pros:
dangerous dwarfy muderer out of your hair
dangerous dwarfy murderer garuanteed gruesome death
caverns kept clean of annoying critters for a while
chance of him killing forgotten beasts for you
Cool things for engravers to engrave

Cons:
???
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 06:35:00 pm »

Judging from the poll results it looks like he is destined to become the mad weapon lord of the abyss. Knowing how dwarf fortress is, he will probably end up as the last surviving member of your fortress after some tragic magma accident etc. takes out the rest of his more civilized brethren. Long after the rest of your fortress has been reduced to dust he will still be running around in darkness tearing out the throats of cave ogres with his teeth. Bonus points if you make him a vampire first.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 08:35:36 pm »

Judging from the poll results it looks like he is destined to become the mad weapon lord of the abyss. Knowing how dwarf fortress is, he will probably end up as the last surviving member of your fortress after some tragic magma accident etc. takes out the rest of his more civilized brethren. Long after the rest of your fortress has been reduced to dust he will still be running around in darkness tearing out the throats of cave ogres with his teeth. Bonus points if you make him a vampire first.
One day you'll come back as an adventurer and take him as a companion, and he'll die from cave adaptation the moment he sees light...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 10:04:54 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 05:24:39 pm »

He shall become the champion on the wall or the mortar beneath it; either way, justice is had.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 08:11:08 pm »

Nahh to all of you, change the civilization to have murder, torture and the eating of intelligent creatures acceptable, then his behavior is no longer a crime, problem solved.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 01:44:13 am »

I'd say keep him isolated/imprisoned (but well cared for) and make him go first whenever something nasty invades the fort. He gets to be the guinea pig who lets you know whether that FB's noxious secretions cause a slight fever or full-body necrosis. Up to you when, if ever, he earns his freedom.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 04:05:17 am »

Give him your best ale, your best food, and all other quality material possessions and praise. Do not blame this dwarf who stood up to impossible odds and won, it is not and never was his job to prevent tantrums. That job was another's entirely, and I'm sure for that you'll find a suitable punishment.
Pages: 1 [2]