Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved: Low-Cost Dwarfing Available Now![Discussion]  (Read 14184 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

They weren't in there when I finished my turn, so they may have fallen in the hole I used to drop stuff in to him (I thought I sealed it up but I don't know)
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

so uh, when/if things get to the point where the prospects/mountain (or whatever other factions) are openly hostile to each other, are we going to use dfhack to make them actually fight? (I know almost nothing about dfhack but this is possible right?)
I only ask because a lot of enmity is brewing right now
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile

I think it'd be too easy to screw that up.  Attacks should be made in clandestine ways that don't risk full-on loyalty spirals.  Things like flooding a room with water, making a bridge over a pit suddenly retract, accidentally building a ballista pointing the wrong way, run-away minecarts, spike traps accidentally left on repeat, ceilings that collapse inexplicably, a cave ogre suddenly rampaging through the village, a crime pinned on an innocent yet influential person when there's only a hammerer working, etc.  Try to keep it at the level of political intrigue without devolving beyond what we can actually do within the game.

Alternately, you can use random deaths and events to portray such intrigue.  For instance, I turned the accidental death during TacoMagic's fall into an failed assassination attempt.

But yeah, we'll have to keep the factions from open war on each other and keep it at hostile feelings and the occasional assassination.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile

I think it'd be too easy to screw that up.  Attacks should be made in clandestine ways that don't risk full-on loyalty spirals.  Things like flooding a room with water, making a bridge over a pit suddenly "retract", "accidentally" building a ballista pointing the wrong way, "run-away" minecarts, spike traps "accidentally" left on repeat, ceilings that collapse "inexplicably", a cave ogre "suddenly" rampaging through the village, a crime "pinned" on an innocent yet influential person when there's only a hammerer working, etc.  Try to keep it at the level of political intrigue without devolving beyond what we can actually do within the game.
FTFY

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Year 5 for Glovedloved.

Also, the journal thread link in the OP goes to the original journal thread.

Also also, put me down for another turn, please.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

well you manged to get far fewer people killed on your turn than I did.. good job!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

That minotaur though :/ He had four people unconscious before Sionnach cut off his foot with a lucky hit, and wooden bolts didn't seem to be hurting him at all. Pretty sure I just lucked out with him.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 5 for Glovedloved.

Also, the journal thread link in the OP goes to the original journal thread.

Also also, put me down for another turn, please.

Good catch, thought I'd fixed it, but I was probably thinking about the link back from the new journal thread.

Deus: Did you send a message to Einstein letting him know it's his turn, or shall I?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:07:56 am by Tacomagic »

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile

Meta comment: I'm really digging the set up turn order so far. It's getting me excited for how the grand story of the fort could end up play out.

Loyalists are deemed a threat after Einstein's rule, and the Mountain steps in to re-take order. Realizing that overseeing is hard work, and they're in the mountain because they don't like work, they try to scout the civilian populations for overseers, sampling different groups. Knowing they can't trust the civilians to keep the Mountain in power for so long, the Mountain reluctantly steps back into control, but by then the Loyalists are powerful enough to try to launch an attack on the Mountain through coordinated assaults. How the operations turn out, we don't know.

Of course, that's what could, not what will happen.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved: Low-Cost Dwarfing Available Now![Discussion]
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2014, 04:34:38 am »

I have my own ideas for the future of glovedloved
but my turn is oh so far away...

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2014, 08:04:02 am »

Hello all.
It has come to my attention that it is indeed time for my turn.
Currently, my computer will not have internet access for about two weeks, though this may change.

I will still complete my posts through my inferior mobile device, but it will be slow-going and screenshots may be few.

Expect at least an introductory post within the following two days, with things progressing from there.

I have been away from the forum for a while, so I will have to catch up on the going-ons. From what I have read thus far, tensions are mounting.

This will be my first non-drunk turn in a succession fort, so some aspects may be lacking.
I shall aim to not disappoint.

EDITIRIO: Okay, I seem to have stumbled upon internet today. The save has been downloaded, and I am currently looking at the fort.
Just to be certain, I can still mine into the first z-level of stone within the slums?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:05:14 pm by EinsteinSatDown »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2014, 01:55:51 pm »

Hello all.
It has come to my attention that it is indeed time for my turn.
Currently, my computer will not have internet access for about two weeks, though this may change.

I will still complete my posts through my inferior mobile device, but it will be slow-going and screenshots may be few.

Expect at least an introductory post within the following two days, with things progressing from there.

I have been away from the forum for a while, so I will have to catch up on the going-ons. From what I have read thus far, tensions are mounting.

This will be my first non-drunk turn in a succession fort, so some aspects may be lacking.
I shall aim to not disappoint.

EDITIRIO: Okay, I seem to have stumbled upon internet today. The save has been downloaded, and I am currently looking at the fort.
Just to be certain, I can still mine into the first z-level of stone within the slums?

Yup.  You may dig that stone still.

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2014, 03:04:33 pm »

Yup.  You may dig that stone still.

Splendid.
Starting to work on first update.
Can anyone tell me why maskwolf's legendary stonecrafter child is a thug?
This is mystifying.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2014, 04:58:55 pm »

Yeah, that puzzled me as well. I assumed it was because of all those disorderly conducts she has in the justice screen.

Oh, it occurs to me that I forgot to ascend Kaladin (or someone else if it's down to a vote).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:02:14 pm by Deus Asmoth »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »

yeah well I didn't manage to get a vote off the ground on my turn so I figure just go ahead
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10