Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved: Low-Cost Dwarfing Available Now![Discussion]  (Read 14211 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

I'm...really finding it hard to find anything for Chimerat to write about, so I'll be skipping a journal entry this time.
I should probably get around to writing a journal entry, shouldn't I...

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

Don't feel bad, I haven't written more than one non overseer one yet
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Just downloading now, and work has finally stopped being manic, so I should be able to get through this at a reasonably fast clip, providing the FPS hasn't gone to hell. We're still on 40.13, right?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile

Just downloading now, and work has finally stopped being manic, so I should be able to get through this at a reasonably fast clip, providing the FPS hasn't gone to hell. We're still on 40.13, right?

Correct.  Gonna leave it at 40.13 for now.  Some issues showed up in the 40.13 -> 40.16+ conversion in another succession game I'm participating in, so this game likely won't be updated until I get a chance to do an "alternate universe" year to make sure everything carries across without crashing.  I'll try to get that done later in the week.

In other business, I'm in the process of updating the profiles section of the the Journal thread.  It'll be a mess for bit because I need to reorganize it into the factions, figure out who is missing, and get all the dead appropriately sorted out into their own section.  Probably take a stroll through the last 2 saves and see what is missing from the list. I know for a fact that everyone dwarfed after the start is not yet in the list; Neblime has a lot of those in the journal posts which I'll copy up to the front page, but there are still a few unaccounted for, mostly from my year at the helm.

Also, I'm proposing the following rule changes to be instituted at the end of the week, provided there are no objections:

Servant Class:
We create a small group of non-named dwarves to form a class of servants.  These will have free reign of the entire map, but have only hauling enabled on them.  The current hauling situation, as mentioned by both myself and Neblime, is extremely problematic even with the neutral zone to try to keep things orderly.  Creating a small group of dedicated haulers who are not burrow restricted would go far to alleviate this problem.  Still couldn't use containers on stockpiles due to some residual bugs that cause non-haulers to still try to haul things if they touch a container (such as drinking the last unit of booze out of a keg).

Term Limit:
I'm proposing an official 2-week limitation on turns and a 72-hour maximum response time for new Overseers to start their game after the previous save is posted. This is mostly to keep things moving as we do not currently have any limitations in place.  Further, if an overseer goes 5 days without either a journal post or an update post here, the turn will be considered to be abandoned.  However, should an overseer give us prior warning (such as that they'll be on travel away from the internet for 10 days, but they'll play their turn during that period and post journals when they get back) they will be exempt from this constraint provided it is still within the 2 week window.

Those who cannot finish their turn should post the save as-is with the next overseer picking up where they left off.  The new overseer can optionally complete the current year before doing a complete spring-to-spring year, or just do one year from when they get the save.

If we don't get the save from an incomplete turn, any journal articles related to the turn will be considered alternate universe and can be ignored for further RP if desired.

This rule would not go into full effect until after Ultramagnus's turn, as everyone currently in the queue joined up prior to this rule being stated.

Overseer's Choice:
Those from the mountain who die (Dhoors) or who are otherwise remvoed from the mountain (TacoMagic) should be replaced by the current Overseer as (s)he sees fit.  This can be done in any way the overseer wants: voting, random lottery, appointing friends, RP, bribery, whatever.  This rule is already implied by the current rule set, but should be stated more clearly.

The new addition at the start of each year will still be voted on with the overseer being allowed to break ties however they want.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:09:45 pm by Tacomagic »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if anyone else caught this:
Gloveloved year 3 Winter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if anyone else caught this:
Gloveloved year 3 Winter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He?

Well, maybe she's got a Mulan thing going on?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Meh. At least I don't have a husband to die on me this time. My husbands always seem to wind up dead.

Side note: the slums don't have access to forges, but are they allowed to loot goblin armour and weapons to equip a militia with? If not, is leather armour acceptable?

Edit: Oh lord, we're kind of screwed if we get any kind of invasion force against us. My current plan is to get some kilns up and running so we can make some clay walls, but without materials to make traps with, there's nothing to stop them just climbing the walls if we try to shut them out...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:59:25 pm by Deus Asmoth »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh. At least I don't have a husband to die on me this time. My husbands always seem to wind up dead.

Side note: the slums don't have access to forges, but are they allowed to loot goblin armour and weapons to equip a militia with? If not, is leather armour acceptable?

Edit: Oh lord, we're kind of screwed if we get any kind of invasion force against us. My current plan is to get some kilns up and running so we can make some clay walls, but without materials to make traps with, there's nothing to stop them just climbing the walls if we try to shut them out...

IIRC, the pathfinding can't handle more than one z-level of climbing.  Just make the walls two tiles high.

Or, alternatively, have a roof made with retracting bridges with floors as a lattice where necessary.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think goblinite was always considered to be fair game for the slums... if they could manage to kill the goblins.

Also, don't forget about Omeganaut's secret project.  With things looking grim, it might be time to reactivate it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:30:56 pm by Tacomagic »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

He?
I'd just like to point out that when I started my turn my female dwarf was called the "KING of rock" so I don't think that's such a bad mistake

Edit: Oh lord, we're kind of screwed if we get any kind of invasion force against us.
yeah, this is why I was so concerned, but I didn't exactly make much effort to defend the prospects
I think I've said it before, but as much as I like a small map for FPS reasons I think we needed 1 more tile horizontally so that invaders don't show up IN the prospects
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chimerat: I'm going to be making a post responding to you sometime this afternoon, I promise.  In fact, I'll start working on it now.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chimerat: I'm going to be making a post responding to you sometime this afternoon, I promise.  In fact, I'll start working on it now.
I'll take a look when I get back home later today.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

were those humans in that force?  If so maybe it was just some random bandits and not the goblin civ after all

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Yeah, they were human. They had goblin names though, so I assumed they were from the goblin civ.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

ah. children of abductees then I suppose
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10