Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved: Low-Cost Dwarfing Available Now![Discussion]  (Read 14190 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

sorry again for the long wait, updating today!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 05:49:59 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

so my hands are a bit tied for now as far as finishing my turn is, because deus asmoth's dwarf died, and he hasn't got back to me on whether he wants a replacement or not, so I'm not sure how to advance the story as far as him being overseer.
I'm hoping he'll pick a new dwarf sooner or later
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

My apologies, I've been caught up in a few things (read:lost track of this thread for some reason). Can I get redwarfed as a member of the Loyalists by the name of Sionnach. There may be a small delay before I can start my turn, I'm occupied at work till Monday.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

My apologies, I've been caught up in a few things (read:lost track of this thread for some reason). Can I get redwarfed as a member of the Loyalists by the name of Sionnach. There may be a small delay before I can start my turn, I'm occupied at work till Monday.
no worries, with my current turn rate that should be just about right

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile

Just letting you all know that I'm back in civilization.  I'll work on getting things appropriately updated this evening after the chillins go to bed.  I'll also be working on a journal update.

Of note, I'm thinking of altering the rule for death-replacements (or indeed anyone banished from the mountain).   Either make it Overseer's choice or lottery style.  That way deaths can be replaced from existing named on short order to avoid the issues neblime has had with the sudden drop in Mountain population.

Thoughts?

EDIT:  Before I update, do you have 4Wolf and Deus Asmoth's new dwarves set up?  If so I can add them directly into the dwarfed list.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:24:42 pm by Tacomagic »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

I have not yet but plan to dwarf deus asmoth first thing when i do the next update (hopefully within 6 hours)

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved - MoK Under New Management [Discussion]
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2014, 11:23:52 am »

Requesting dwarf and turn order slot.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

I'm surprised that in all of the succession games that I've missed, this one was going slow enough for me to not miss it!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Couple of notes, Taco.

maskwolf is now in the fortress, so can be moved to the dwarfing list.  Also, I'm still listed in the turn order as a peasant.

Sorry, I'm just nitpicky about OP accuracy...

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2014, 05:08:58 pm »

would you like to be captain of the guard?  (a.k.a. the mountain's slave driver) We really need one
I'm surprised that in all of the succession games that I've missed, this one was going slow enough for me to not miss it!
yeah sorry, I FINISH TODAY!

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2014, 05:46:52 pm »

would you like to be captain of the guard?  (a.k.a. the mountain's slave driver) We really need one
yeah sorry, I FINISH TODAY!

I wouldn't mind that, even if there's a high chance that I'm going to die before my turn is up.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

done at last! sorry I am so slow  :-[
Here have some handover notes:
Don't forget the save is in version 40.13
I recommend you read through all the earlier turns if you haven't already so you can keep track of who is on who's side for the story

This fort is a logistical nightmare, because prospects keep trying to haul things from the mountain and then cancelling their job because it's outside their burrow (thats part of the reason for this work crew thing) so don't expect work to proceed very quickly.  When i need work done in the mountain basically I just set the slums burrow over the area and remove it when the work is done, it actually works pretty well.

The were-infected dwarf is behind the wooden wall/fortifications underground (I'm sure you'll notice the room with the corpses) let him out at your own risk.  He has a pick so he can mine out his own little home if you want.

The squad sionnach (and a couple of other people) are in is the loyalists with the illegal weapons, not set to train full time because they are supposed to be training in secret.

There is barely any wood accesible to the slums, when you set constructions I recommend you choose the wood that is FURTHEST away (as that is probably in the neutral zone) because the closest wood tends to be the wood just over the river that they are not allowed to take.

the drink situation is ok for now, but it's generally hard to get people to brew.  Not sure what the problem is since there is plenty of raw plants accesible to both sides, but just keep adding the job to the still and it works well enough (I also recommend trading for booze)

Careful about the caverns there's a forgotten beast with webs somewhere down there that peeked out about halfway through my turn but I haven't seen it since.  The lever north of the cage traps closes a bridge to seal off the cavern

That should be about it! don't get goblin'd
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10156
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:48:29 pm by neblime »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile

Couple of notes, Taco.

maskwolf is now in the fortress, so can be moved to the dwarfing list.  Also, I'm still listed in the turn order as a peasant.

Sorry, I'm just nitpicky about OP accuracy...

Haven't actually updated the OP yet; been a busier weekend than planned due to one of my outside spigots bursting on Friday.  I'll be updating in about an hour once the children go to bed.

Neblime: Did you already dwarf Ultramagnus, or is he still pending?

Also, do you remember what killed Deus?  I didn't see any reference to his death in your posts.  I figured it was the ettin attack, but that was a guess.

Otherwise I think I got the OPs sorted.  If somebody wants to check my work to make sure I didn't miss anything I would be appreciative.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:27:04 pm by Tacomagic »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm...really finding it hard to find anything for Chimerat to write about, so I'll be skipping a journal entry this time.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

Neblime: Did you already dwarf Ultramagnus, or is he still pending?

Also, do you remember what killed Deus?  I didn't see any reference to his death in your posts.  I figured it was the ettin attack, but that was a guess.
yes I dwarfed ultramagnus, as seen in my journal post
deus' body is in the water so it was either the ettin OR the water titan that killed deus by knocking him in there but I don't know
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10