Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 1369 times)

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« on: November 13, 2014, 05:57:58 pm »

So I've been trying to modify the pony mod to take out all the extra castes- they seem to be slowing the load time for DF itself, and char creation in Adventure Mode is a pain. Working with the pony raws from that mod was... difficult... So I took the raws for the pony creature from another pony mod and started from there. As far as I can tell, it should be working, but the game seems to be consistently crashing at either year 20-30 or the finalization process. So... What's the problem? My raws are here for reference.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:49:39 pm »

By finalization process, do you mean even if worldgen hadn't gone 20 years yet?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:56:06 pm »

By finalization process, do you mean even if worldgen hadn't gone 20 years yet?

Well, I tried setting world gen to make a pocket world with 5 years of history, it got through that part just fine, and then it crashed... Somewhere around 'Finalizing art'.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »

If you're willing to have a bunch of disturbing nondescript ponies, you can remove the ridiculous amount of color modifiers there and see if it helps.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:06:07 pm »

Working with the original file... Didn't go so well. This is my first real attempt at modding, and I guess I didn't know what to leave alone. World-gen worked fine, but I got "Nothing" as a caste option in adventure mode char creation.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 01:58:32 am »

Is there anything in the game's errorlog? I noticed the raws referenced some castes that were not there.
I do stuff, I guess

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 08:39:57 am »

When removing the castes, make sure you leave at least one caste for each race/sex combination.  Removing all of them is probably what gave you the "Nothing."

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 02:23:54 pm »

Is there anything in the game's errorlog? I noticed the raws referenced some castes that were not there.

The errorlog is here. Warning: long. ::)

Also, thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I missed a spot. Fixing now.
EDIT: Not enough. It crashed again.

When removing the castes, make sure you leave at least one caste for each race/sex combination.  Removing all of them is probably what gave you the "Nothing."

I thought I did, but apparently not.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:26:31 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 02:44:32 pm »

Just noticed the FLIER tags were missing their brackets. Fixed that, trying again.

Edit: Well that's not it.

Edit2: Modified file is here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:00:57 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 08:01:52 pm »

Just noticed the FLIER tags were missing their brackets. Fixed that, trying again.
The FLIER tags were commented out because flyer pathfinding is bugged in this version of DF. I think.

And yep, your errorlog confirms you are referencing a lot of castes that are not there. I assume that you only changed creature_pony_pony.txt.
Also, for some reason, the game cannot find the correct body parts to connect to some ponies. Are you sure you did not overwrite anything when you merged the files of the two mods?
I do stuff, I guess

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »

The FLIER tags were commented out because flyer pathfinding is bugged in this version of DF. I think.

And yep, your errorlog confirms you are referencing a lot of castes that are not there. I assume that you only changed creature_pony_pony.txt.
Also, for some reason, the game cannot find the correct body parts to connect to some ponies. Are you sure you did not overwrite anything when you merged the files of the two mods?

creature_pony_pony.txt was the only file I took from the second mod, although I did rename it from creature_pony.txt
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 09:51:45 pm »

You might want to look over the castes inside that file and delete any references to non-existent ones/
I do stuff, I guess

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 11:48:25 pm »

Found it! Or, at least, the big issue. Turns out the pony raws were still referring to the default body plan form their original mod... Which had a different name then the ones the one I moved them over to have. World gen complete!

Current errorlog is as follows.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I also had to swap out a bad attack on another creature. Hard to kick when you don't have legs.)
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 09:49:43 am »

Personally I think the best thing is to use the body plans from the original mod to have the largest chance of success.
I do stuff, I guess

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 11:45:56 am »

Haven't looked through the raws, but "Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect" usually means one of two things:

1. The BODY tokens are out of order.  Whatever a new bodypart is connecting to must appear earlier in the list.
2. Mixing up CON and CONTYPE.  You CON to a specific bodypart, whereas CONTYPE adds an instance to each bodypart of that type.  So the lowerbody will CON to the upperbody (often called something excessively verbose like "UB") and fingers will CONTYPE to every part of type GRASP.

The "Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token" error is exactly what it says: the game couldn't find the bodypart defined anywhere.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map