Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [TSG] Gun Francisco: Wrath of the Animancer  (Read 3676 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: [TSG] Gun Francisco: Wrath of the Animancer
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 04:44:14 pm »

I'm not sure what's happening right now. We're being threatened by gunmages?

((You're being threatened by someone who may have had a bad day and doesn't treat strangers likely. Wait until I make a longer post though, probably tomorrow.))

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 02:18:34 pm »

As you look at the stranger (even if you are the stranger here, ironically), you try to ask him for mana, but only end up making strange growling. Looks like your voice box is completely busted...Still, you manage to make out a sound that sounded remotely like "mana?", to which the person responds:
"Mana?! I have enough of my own bloody problems right now, I don't have time to give away my own damn mana to some freak on the stree, I'm not some charity wor-" - he stops mid-word and stands still for a few seconds looking in your general direction, but not at you.
You turn around and hear the man yelling "YOU BROUGHT HIM HERE?" in confusion.

The Animancer. He must've followed you on your way to here. Doesn't seem he's fond of escapists. You look at him briefly, the shady-looking guy in a trenchcoat and a fancy hat, with a clear face of anger. Then he shouts, grabbing attention of half the place:
"YOU DIDN'T THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE ME SO EASILY, DID YOU, YA ROTTING PILE OF FLESH?!"

In the confusion, the man in the suit, conflicted internally, unleashes two quick three-round bursts of bullets - one at you, one at the Animancer, then begins to run in the other direction.
None of the shots hit the Animancer, and while you were hit pretty fair and square, it didn't really do much to you - sure, you now have three extra holes in your chest, but it's not like there's anything worthy of note there anymore, right?

Anyway, the mysterious person is running off, and your former owner is standing angrily in front of you, and it's likely that a big mob is going to arrive here soon enough.
What do you do?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 02:31:51 pm »

Does he have his staff?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 02:49:19 pm »

Does he have his staff?

((Not that you can see it anywhere. Under his coat, possibly, considering that most "staffs" these days are not nearly as long as old fantasy tabletop games and children's stories would lead you to believe.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 03:29:03 pm »

Give him the finger and run off.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 05:30:52 pm »

Kick him in the groin and run off.
ftfy

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 12:46:06 am »

That angry mob is probably more interested in people who make monsters than the monsters themselves. Let us enquire after the formerly present fellow and seek assistance.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 11:22:14 am »

As you begin to run towards the stranger fellow, you have to slow down against your own will. Looks like the mana in your body is running low, so you stop for a second, open the bottle with the glowing cyan liquid (which seems to be one of those ancient soda bottles, popular back in the day) and take a sip of it, and you're left with about 2/3rds of the bottle's contents. You put it back into the bag you apparently have on you and continue the chase down the long street.

Meanwhile the Animancer seems to be locked into a discussion with the angry gunmage mob at the entrance to Kul'r, but you don't really care about that right now, you're focused on catching the pale man, who seems to have disappeared and may have taken one of two possible routes:

Left, which leads to the main square, usually pretty crowded, not so much today.
Rigt, with a large warehouse at the end of the street, and some armored vehicles parked nearby.

Where do you go?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 01:29:11 pm »

Left, because who needs a tank anyway!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 01:42:29 pm »

Left.

PiotraperPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Optimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 10:57:59 am »

Left
You lose 1 bro point for not telling me that you are running a game of Gun Francisco :x
^ This side up ^
I have a degree in Procrastination
Known for doing stupid grammer mistakes

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 11:03:45 am »

Eh, what the hell. Left.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 12:24:04 pm »

(You would THINK that a tank would actually attract people to the warehouse. Reverse psychology I suppose.)

You ignore the warehouse and instead run towards the square. It's not exactly huge, but big enough to contain at least half of the town's population. But on this cold and snowy day, nobody seems to be here. Nobody, except for this one woman sitting on a crate next to what seems to be an inn. She looks at you from under her coat's hood and calmly asks:
"*sigh* It's another one of those days, isn't it. You're a deathlocked, right?"

You nod, to which she deeply sighs again and replies "Well...At last. And you brought the Animancer with you, yes?". You nod again, unable to actually say anything. The woman removes her hood to reveal her long, black hair and pale white skin. She smirks and says, calm as always:
"Great. You're coming with me.".
You look confused as she pulls out a wand from her coat - nothing fancy, just an irregularly-shaped green crystal, probably an emerald on a metal rod. You look even more confused as she grabs a bottle of mana and pours a bit of it onto the crystal as it begins to glow. She swings it into the air and after a short while it releases a bolt of green energy which rushes into the sky and disappears.

Nothing seems to happen and nobody seems to have realized what happened...When suddenly, you hear a mighty roar in the distance in the sky, one that you haven't heard before. Could it be...
"DRAGONS! THE DRAGONRIDERS HAVE COME!" - someone in the town screams. You look to your left and see three beasts making their way through the clouds and into the town, causing everyone to panic as they close in on you. You almost want to run away as well but the mysterious woman tells you to stay.
"Oh, I almost forgot. You can't really talk right now, can you?" - still slightly stressed, you nod your head in agreement as she points her wand at you and sends another energy bolt into your body. You can feel its energy flowing through your half-dead body, which seems to have repaired it a less disgusting state.

"...Now what?" - you say your first actual words in your afterlife, even though your voice is still rather rough in tone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 02:13:26 pm »

Can we hide things in our gloves?
Read the First Post!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 04:17:02 pm »

Can we hide things in our gloves?

Technically yes, though the gloves are not exactly spacious, but you could probably hide some bullets or a small crystal there. They aren't entirely waterproof so hiding mana there is not the greatest idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3