Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!  (Read 23107 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2014, 06:50:07 pm »

Bah, we aren't some hopped up farmer's kid, we're far more competent than that. Why fight against the very thing we could rule after worming our way through the ranks of the guild, because the way I see it, all we would be is trading one boss for another, far more demanding one. I'd say we tell all the gods to fuck off, because we are one. (Not yet, but we can aim big on this.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2014, 07:42:18 pm »

Bah, we aren't some hopped up farmer's kid, we're far more competent than that. Why fight against the very thing we could rule after worming our way through the ranks of the guild, because the way I see it, all we would be is trading one boss for another, far more demanding one. I'd say we tell all the gods to fuck off, because we are one. (Not yet, but we can aim big on this.)

I can get behind that >=D

By the way GM, How could some people become gods? Does it happen by acquiring so much power? Or maybe your chosen by the present Gods? Is it even possible?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2014, 11:41:30 pm »

I can get behind that >=D

By the way GM, How could some people become gods? Does it happen by acquiring so much power? Or maybe your chosen by the present Gods? Is it even possible?

In this universe gods are merely beings with worshipers and extreme supernatural ability. Secular leaders, including the Empire, usually promote deities who lack physical from or are trapped in another realm, and therefore less likely to muck around with their rule. They have so far tolerated the Drider Broodmothers, who all claim physical godhood as a key part of their title.

How does the soul trap work? Do we have to be there or can we just check them now and then?

They can be functionally designed to work as any sort of containment device, including an automated trap that you can leave behind and check every so often. An uncontained soul, however, generally disperses rather quickly, so unless you know/suspect that a lot of beings will soon be dying in a given area, soul such devices are usually not worth it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2014, 12:03:36 am »

Power seems to be the answer.

More questions: How does the empire and the council view the drider and there broodmothers? Does religion affect the council or the empire in politics?

Also are generals like the leaders of the empire? Or is there just the Emperor's court?

Do we know about the Imperial family that ruled the thrones? How do the empire come into formation?

Sorry for the possible overload of questions I just love settings.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2014, 10:28:54 am »

Set some trap-silk traps with soul traps nearby. Have someone check on them now anc then and contain the souls of anything caught.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2014, 02:30:54 am »

Started the turn today, but today was busy and I didn't get it done. Expect it sometime this weekend.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2014, 03:33:26 am »

Crap, those demon lord choices are both pretty nice. I say we go for Prime Succubus, though, since I'd value tinkering with living things more than getting revenge on our enemies. Rise above the chaff, rather than sparring with it.

On the subject of worshiping the enemy pantheon in the first place, I say having a few eccentricities is fine. Quietly worshiping demons shouldn't cause us any issues unless people are snooping through our living room for dirt to exaggerate our other problems. So long as we don't get caught eating babies or promoting apprentices at random, that shouldn't be an issue.

I'd say we tell all the gods to fuck off, because we are one. (Not yet, but we can aim big on this.)
While I can get behind the middle/latter sentiment, the two aren't mutually exclusive. We can be bestest friends with a god while being a god, and we can certainly be bestest friends with a god while becoming a god.

In fact, one could argue that the best way to become a god would be to rub elbows with them. We certainly wouldn't think of telling the Imperials to fuck off because we've got our own empire or the mages to fuck off because we are a mage, right?

Set some trap-silk traps with soul traps nearby. Have someone check on them now anc then and contain the souls of anything caught.
This is like digging several pits to preserve the corpses of any animals that happen to die and tumble into them. If we want souls, we need to go get them ourselves, or start working on those weapons for other people to get them for us.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2014, 03:38:36 am »

So long as we don't get caught eating babies or promoting apprentices at random, that shouldn't be an issue.
Hey, hey, let's not get too crazy here. Maybe we just stick to eating Drow babies in public?

This is like digging several pits to preserve the corpses of any animals that happen to die and tumble into them. If we want souls, we need to go get them ourselves, or start working on those weapons for other people to get them for us.
So, what I'm hearing here is pit traps full of punji sticks and soul traps down the bottom.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2014, 12:43:58 pm »

Pit traps with punji sticks and soul traps down the bottom of a pit? I'm for it just because i like the idea.

As for eating babies...too much. Maybe we can buy some Drow prisoners from the General and blind them. Then we'll just move them one by one into the tower for sacrifice to the prime succubus.

We should also think about Building a separate structure outside of the tower like a prison with the altar to the prime succubus being there. That way if someone asks about the Drow we can say that they died and later disposed of in a mass grave inside the prison. It'll be a little cruel sure but who's going to hold it against us? The Imperium and the Council of Mages have actively fought these guys for 20 years and counting. Plus we were ourselves enslaved by these very people so revenge against them is understood by anyone who was enslaved before us...not that they'd care since it's there enemies being blinded, herded, and then slowly slaughtered.

That said facility could be run by our Silk trolls who could use part of that building as there mating room. Something like this: "Troll Loom is a narrow silk structure, about five stories tall, that is often buried in the ground or hung from a cliff. When staffed with a breeding pair of Silk Trolls, and a couple bio and ego mages". Why silk trolls? Because they won't care so long as we give them explicit orders to do what we tell them. Anyone else is a potential rat. Said Auxiliary rooms/building could be away from the prison and be staffed as needed. It should also be the first built or just built because more trolls is a good idea.

As for who we'll pick to be the bio and ego mages..i don't really know. Remember a dozen trolls a day for like 3 or 4 days will be more than enough to staff the Ritual Prison.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2014, 01:12:16 pm »

I'd say we tell all the gods to fuck off, because we are one. (Not yet, but we can aim big on this.)
While I can get behind the middle/latter sentiment, the two aren't mutually exclusive. We can be bestest friends with a god while being a god, and we can certainly be bestest friends with a god while becoming a god.

In fact, one could argue that the best way to become a god would be to rub elbows with them. We certainly wouldn't think of telling the Imperials to fuck off because we've got our own empire or the mages to fuck off because we are a mage, right?
Eh, given how gods are likely to be more... grecian than anything, I think just staying out of the way would be the best (And safest.) option. Besides, while going godless won't make things any easier ability-wise, it also means that we have more interests to balance which could range from harmless, to disruptive all the way to downright destructive towards our goals and relations to the empire. Better to just cut our losses and not sign up with any of them.

As for the empire; We're not destroying it because that's the first empire we'll take over. Besides, mortals are far more easily placated, and tend to not have large, overraching goals for the vast majority of them.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2014, 01:21:13 pm »

Who needs punji sticks when we have trap silk? It will also cut the body into easily cooked meat cubes.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2014, 01:25:33 pm »

Eh, given how gods are likely to be more... grecian than anything, I think just staying out of the way would be the best (And safest.) option. Besides, while going godless won't make things any easier ability-wise, it also means that we have more interests to balance which could range from harmless, to disruptive all the way to downright destructive towards our goals and relations to the empire. Better to just cut our losses and not sign up with any of them.

As for the empire; We're not destroying it because that's the first empire we'll take over. Besides, mortals are far more easily placated, and tend to not have large, overraching goals for the vast majority of them.

True but again how does this Empire work and why does it work that way?

Is there some legendary almost divine family that rules in a Agnatic-Cognatic primogeniture way? Is it elective?

Are there parts of the empire that want to break away? Also why is it that so many races exist but only the Council of Mages and Empire are talked about? Shouldn't there be the Dwarf city states of Blackgate who refuses pledging allegiance to either side but still fights the Deep Forces on it's own?

Too many social/political questions are not being answered.

Until they are i'd say go for the favor of a God because the boons and good fortunes (or bad fortunes like the General who took our stuff getting mind raped by the Prime Succubus in his sleep) they may bring us are too good to pass up.

Who needs punji sticks when we have trap silk? It will also cut the body into easily cooked meat cubes.

Won't it completely drown them in acid? Is it fine to eat stuff that was just melted in acid? I mean for the drider sure but say a Elf who's anatomy doesn't work the way we do could cause bodily problems or even outright kill them.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2014, 01:34:03 pm »

Yeah, see the problem with that is gods are fickle beings, and they're the sort that make sure that any debts are paid, and done so promptly. And again, the less masters we have to answer to, the better. That, and dear mother is the only god we need (Until we take her place).

As for the empire... All the succession things don't matter in a popular coup. Blaming the general for the botched paperwork is fruitless and a waste of time, and seeking revenge for it is worthless from the fact that he's only following orders.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2014, 02:07:20 pm »

Their not always fickle and all were doing is giving them a constant stream of drow (or if we can't get  them silk troll) sacrifices.

We need allies right now. As it turns out this part of the world is part of a major and yet poorly guarded part of the caverns. We should expect a incursion in 2-3 years. Remember our enemy has alot of fight left and even still has launched offensive operations in major fronts. One of which our brood mother could be fighting in.

Gm could you tell us why our brood mother is fighting in gladesville or wherever it was she was in? Is offensive or defensive and why is it important.

Also, this part of the Imperial map is headed by a General who hates us for our magic WITHOUT talking to us. Heck he doesn't even want to talk to us so he sends his liaison to tell us to tell us so. He needs to go or be changed and i can't find a way to change his mind after years of battles with our kind. He needs bumping. Either the Prime succubus does it, we do it, or we can contact the assassins for a major job.

That said, how do we, a drider who is looked upon as a traitor from our most despicable enemy, mastermind a popular coup? Heck, other broods might want to bump us as is.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2014, 05:27:30 pm »

Popular of the empire. And we do it from behind the scenes, using agents and such to manipulate everything until the time is right. Basically don't get caught and all though. Furthermore, it need not be us that actually takes over as a puppet would work just fine.

As for the stream of drow, they're already getting that. Value-wise there'd be an oversupply of them. Furthermore, I doubt that, while their gods are fine with us, backstabbing the empire here just means we get killed due to the invaders. And given that they would reasonably have more favour with those gods, it's something we shouldn't be doing. Fighting in an area where they have a marked advantage over us.

As for the general, I'm pretty sure that's solved by NOT acting like a dick and actually being decent enough to help him out, though we'd have to send our own representative to him.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13