Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!  (Read 23192 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2014, 01:27:39 pm »

Questions for Weirdsound:
-How safe would it be to simply dispose of the Altar?
-Animals: Do they have souls? If so, would a horse or something suffice for the shovel's soul battery?
-How many wagons and animals do we have in the Wagon Train?
-Trap Silk: When you say "reacts violently and corrosively" is the creature damaged, or the silk? Or both?
-What season is it currently?

You are fairly sure the Altar can be safely disposed of, but by no means positive. Divine (or profane in this case) matters are far from your area of expertise.

Animals have souls, but they are low quality. It would likely take several horses to make a battery capable of running a shovel, and because extra souls are needed, the caseing would be large and bulky. You might be able to plan and design a more efficient soul battery using animal souls, but you'd need the help of a enchanter to execute said plan with any major chance of success. You could, of course, easily make a small and effective battery with a single sentient soul.

The wagons and the animals are private property of people you technically have no authority over, so you don't have an exact count. Making a conservative estimate, and assuming one wagon and two animals for every 5 settlers, you come up with about 55 Wagons and 110 horses/Pygmy Mammoths/greater cave lizards/other work animals. The true numbers are likely greater than that.

The trap thread burns through flesh. Traditionally it is woven into a web partway down a pitfall trap, and anything that falls in is more or less sliced into bits in the pattern of the web. The thread uses itself up a bit in doing so, but it works so quickly that it is generally good for a few dozen uses.

It is late summer. Some of the villagers might have fast growing crops they may try to get out of the ground before first frost, but you honestly suspect that the village will have to sustain itself via hunting or trade for about a year or so. It is fairly hot, so there is a chance that this part of the world may not truly get winter, but the slot canyon is fairly high in altitude, and the villagers are unlikely to risk their seeds betting on a lack of frost.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2014, 03:06:17 pm »

Things to do:
*The Wagon Train: set up a settlement on the barren land.
*Emfangrin Weavewarper: On trip
*Jorgen Pails: On trip
*Emeraldithine Weavewarper:
  • Ask a sibling or former apprentice about Divine matters on Prime Balrog alter.
  • Design a more efficent animal soul battery
  • Go to slot canyon to capture wild animals for soul battery, and then build the power source for the shovel.
*Rivialia Unclank:
  • Build Wood Golem
  • Aid Emeraldithine in designing animal soul battery
*Archer Wargeater:
  • Use construction knowledge to help set up the settlement.
  • Fix Old Mage's Shovel.
I disagree here; I think they should not be banned from the lectures, so long as they pay back their debts to the girl first. Whether that be in labour for Archer/his apprentice/the apprentice's daughter, coin to replace the ale and pay for healing, or whatever.
+1
This should help give the migrants a new home quickly as well as hopefully fix relations by having Rivialia help Archer.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2014, 03:42:50 pm »

Things to do:
  • Ask a sibling or former apprentice about Divine matters on Prime Balrog alter.
  • Go to slot canyon to capture wild animals for soul battery, and then build the power source for the shovel.
*Rivialia Unclank:
  • Build Wood Golem
*Archer Wargeater:
  • Fix Old Mage's Shovel.
I disagree here; I think they should not be banned from the lectures, so long as they pay back their debts to the girl first. Whether that be in labour for Archer/his apprentice/the apprentice's daughter, coin to replace the ale and pay for healing, or whatever.
+1
This should help give the migrants a new home quickly as well as hopefully fix relations by having Rivialia help Archer.

With the matter about the girl being mugged i think we should force those who stole the Grog to apologize publicly to her. As well as promise to repay archer for the stolen grog in whatever way they can. Either chip in to buy a new barrel or promise a favor of whatever Archer would want. The thieves however cannot be physically hurt.

Also for now on, anyone who physically hurts another apprentice will be reprimanded at our discretion. We should set up some kind of wooden prison cell where they'll stay for a day doing nothing but eat, sleep, and hear loud noises.

EDIT: I am also in favor of researching the trap door, in finding out why it was setup and what's on the other side of it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:07:05 pm by 3man75 »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »

Things to do:
*Rivialia Unclank:
  • Build Wood Golem
*Archer Wargeater:
  • Fix Old Mage's Shovel.
+1

With the matter about the girl being mugged i think we should force those who stole the Grog to apologize publicly to her. As well as promise to repay archer for the stolen grog in whatever way they can. Either chip in to buy a new barrel or promise a favor of whatever Archer would want. The thieves however cannot be physically hurt.

Also for now on, anyone who physically hurts another apprentice will be reprimanded at our discretion. We should set up some kind of wooden prison cell where they'll stay for a day doing nothing but eat, sleep, and hear loud noises.

EDIT: I am also in favor of researching the trap door, in finding out why it was setup and what's on the other side of it.
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2014, 05:11:06 pm »

Also could we make the barren land, non barren

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

Things to do:
*The Wagon Train: set up a settlement on the barren land. slot canyon.
*Rivialia Unclank:
  • Build Wood Golem
*Archer Wargeater:
  • Fix Old Mage's Shovel.
+1

+1
+1, but I thought we were going for the slot canyon and I have a much better idea than the wood golem. Let's produce steel silk and let her make a golem out of that. We can buy her something to serve as a frame if she needs it and give it to her raw or prefashioned into menacing robes as she prefers, but overall this should be much more impressive than a wagongolem.

Either way, goatsoul shovel here we come, hopefully.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2014, 05:43:38 pm »

+1, but I thought we were going for the slot canyon and I have a much better idea than the wood golem. Let's produce steel silk and let her make a golem out of that. We can buy her something to serve as a frame if she needs it and give it to her raw or prefashioned into menacing robes as she prefers, but overall this should be much more impressive than a wagongolem.
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2014, 06:25:26 pm »

-1, we're settling in the canyon.

+1

• Go to slot canyon to capture wild animals for soul battery,
-1, we have plenty of underlings who can do that for us, let's keep our thread production high.

That's... not what would be happening, though. It would be having a few apprentices pay back a debt to an apprentice's daughter.

With the matter about the girl being mugged i think we should force those who stole the Grog to apologize publicly to her.
That would presumably be part of the repayment.

As well as promise to repay archer for the stolen grog in whatever way they can. Either chip in to buy a new barrel or promise a favor of whatever Archer would want. The thieves however cannot be physically hurt.
I don't think the grog itself was Archer's, though. He said they stole it from the girl, not that they stole it from him and roughed up the girl in charge of it.

Also for now on, anyone who physically hurts another apprentice will be reprimanded at our discretion.
Well, of course. Isn't that what we're already doing?

We should set up some kind of wooden prison cell where they'll stay for a day doing nothing but eat, sleep, and hear loud noises.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:36:01 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2014, 07:30:39 pm »

+1

Strike the deal!

Okay what about if we just made the apprentices who mugged her pay back the money for the grog they took (to whover it was) an publicly apologize to the entire tower for mugging the girl. Mugging isn't nice :(

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2014, 07:37:32 pm »

Okay what about if we just made the apprentices who mugged her pay back the money for the grog they took (to whover it was) an publicly apologize to the entire tower for mugging the girl. Mugging isn't nice :(
See:

Regarding the public apology, that depends on whether the girl wants one.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2014, 07:38:22 pm »

-1, we have plenty of underlings who can do that for us, let's keep our thread production high.
I was thinking that Emeraldithine would be the best to hunt because she has omega to harvest disembodied souls, ego and bio magic to subdue wild animals, master sneak to sneak up on the animals, and back up sword, shield, biting combat skills. Also being a drider gives her a bonus to climbing the cayon terrain. We can bring others to help of course. As for the thread production loss, hunting for animal souls would probably take at most one day,and we already have a stockpile of 30 silks. Also we could gain skills or perks by taking more actions.

Edit: It doesn't really matter to me if we settle in the bottom of the slot cayon or on the barren field, the other site can always be used as a outpost, fort, or secondary town.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:41:17 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2014, 07:43:39 pm »

Straw has a point at 30 special steel threads, which i presume to be enough for a fancy cloak or armor for Riv or a apprentice of her choice, for one day to just hunt some small to medium animals. When we get back we'll make one steel silk. Then go back to full thread making mode for a month or something. Or until something big happens idk.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2014, 08:08:54 pm »

See:

Regarding the public apology, that depends on whether the girl wants one.
I see the benefit in making the apology out in the open, but I don't see the need to make a big deal out of it. They were dicks, now they're compensating the victim of their dickishness, problem solved. They'll either learn the error of their ways or end up having fairly expensive habits.

Though on that note, three things:

First, we should probably get everyone's side to this story beforehand, including both journeymen, all thieves, and the roughed up daughter in question. Hopefully it's a simple matter of "Well we needed grog from somewhere and non-wizards aren't people," but if there's unpaid debts or other weirdness going on, we should probably be aware of that. Simply getting everyone to stand in a circle and state how they feel about their apprentices mugging people or being peer pressured into acquiring hooch at all costs could also have benefits.

Secondly, we might want to make it worth the daughter's while. An apology and getting the grog back is to be expected, but it is still a bit of a pain in the ass to be assaulted by hooligans in the first place. Paying her back double or somesuch might be more equitable, while maintaining the result's productivity and poetic justice. We don't want to be harsh for the sake of being harsh, but we do want to err on the side of the victim being none the worse for wear.

Third, arguably the best way to do this would be some sort of open meeting somewhere in the tower. Holding court, as it were, so anyone interested can come gawk at it. It'd give transparency and legitimacy to the whole affair, though obviously it might make some participants embarrassed or defensive. Also save us the effort of making like nine trips to different peoples' houses and going back to say that he said she said the other guy said something different.

I was thinking that Emeraldithine would be the best to hunt because she has omega to harvest disembodied souls, ego and bio magic to subdue wild animals, master sneak to sneak up on the animals, and back up sword, shield, biting combat skills. Also being a drider gives her a bonus to climbing the cayon terrain. We can bring others to help of course. As for the thread production loss, hunting for animal souls would probably take at most one day,and we already have a stockpile of 30 silks. Also we could gain skills or perks by taking more actions.

Edit: It doesn't really matter to me if we settle in the bottom of the slot cayon or on the barren field, the other site can always be used as a outpost, fort, or secondary town.
For the moment, I say we do it ourselves. We're drowning in projects to fuel our projects to fuel our projects as is.

In the long run, we should work on getting Emfangrin's forces soulstealing weapons. They're going to be hunting a ton anyway, might as well harvest souls with the meat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2014, 08:38:25 pm »

BIG +1 to getting soul weapons to Emfangrins and his forces. As our brother he's much more loyal to us (I'm guessing as a male he hold the position of brood mother nor would he attempt a huge coup or something) than our Archer, Rivalia, and Jorgan.

Question to the GM: Can we have a personnel non-magical staff under our direct employment? For example, a small team of diplomats to help out in representing our interest in the high towers as well as to the city where the humans are? Again they won't be there for learning magic just to work their trade as diplomats.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2014, 09:15:16 pm »

That's a great idea. We should look to see if any of our guys are skilled speakers or train some people in the art of diplomacy to be our diplomats and messangers because we have a huge amount neighbors that we could to establish contact with.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13