Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who would've you voted for during the Ukrainian presidental elections?

Petro Poroshenko
- 5 (29.4%)
Yulia Tymoshenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Oleg Lyashko
- 2 (11.8%)
Anatoly Hrytsenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Serhiy Tihipko
- 0 (0%)
Mykhailo Dobkin
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

Author Topic: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country  (Read 74248 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Salo and Vitriol.
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2014, 03:41:23 pm »

???

Yeah you don't get that anywhere then wasting a bunch of time scrounging up old records and intermittently talking to a Sargent about what else they want.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2014, 03:46:29 pm »

???

Yeah you don't get that anywhere then wasting a bunch of time scrounging up old records and intermittently talking to a Sargent about what else they want.
It was supposed to be a joke about how confrontational our political discussion has been until very resently. I am sorry for that, by the way, and hope you didn't take it all personally.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2014, 03:48:25 pm »

Jokes of that nature can be hard to detect.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »

Well, I got it. You are very confrontational mainiac: time and time again I find myself agreeing with you in substance, but wishing you were wrong just so I could put you down.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2014, 03:59:46 pm »

It's not paranoia if people actually are out to get you.

Of course, the ones actually out to get each other are old men who're still stuck in the Seventies, but they're still there.
And guess who gets to actually die? I am being serious here, if an all-out war starts I'll get a conscription notice and go and fight.
Me too.
Also, since I live in a major border town, the very first NATO bombs and shells will fall on my intolerably totalitarian head.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2014, 04:02:00 pm »

Of course, the ones actually out to get each other are old men who're still stuck in the Seventies, but they're still there.
And guess who gets to actually die? I am being serious here, if an all-out war starts I'll get a conscription notice and go and fight.
Me too.
Also, since I live in a major border town, the very first NATO bombs and shells will fall on my intolerably totalitarian head.
The worst thing about NATO bombs is that they are laser-guided and almost never miss.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2014, 04:03:54 pm »

Oh, just stay more than 200m from the nearest Chinese Embassy and you'll be safe: them devious Chineses have bomb-magnets hidden in their embassies to steal our glorious bomb technology!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:01 pm »

Me too.
The worst thing about NATO bombs is that they are laser-guided and almost never miss.
As history shows, they can accidentally and completely unintentionally fly off-course and hit some civilians or Chinese diplomats.

EDIT: kind of ninja'd by Sheb.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2014, 04:11:43 pm »

But let's get back onto tracks: can anybody imagine the future of this conflict? Obama has so far refused all of Putin's attempts to reach a compromise at the G20, while Vova has equally steadfastly refused to yield to the western demands and intends to make this a show of will. Escalation, both in warfare and in rhethoric, seems inevitable, and in the worst case scenario we will get another positional artillery war with no clear goal and, consequently, piles of corpses.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2014, 04:13:42 pm »

Honestly, at this point I can only see two ways out: an Ukrainian military victory (meaning Russia decide to stop supporting the rebels at some point), or a sedimentation of the conflict, leaving the DNR and LNR as empoverished statelets like Transdnistria.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2014, 04:18:06 pm »

But let's get back onto tracks: can anybody imagine the future of this conflict? Obama has so far refused all of Putin's attempts to reach a compromise at the G20, while Vova has equally steadfastly refused to yield to the western demands and intends to make this a show of will. Escalation, both in warfare and in rhethoric, seems inevitable, and in the worst case scenario we will get another positional artillery war with no clear goal and, consequently, piles of corpses.

Uhh, exactly what Putin's attempts to reach compromises? Also Obama's USA is not directly involved(if it or the NATO had been giving direct military help, do you think the so called peoples republics would still exist?)

Its been all rhetorics so far. To a good part from both sides(I'm thinking Tony Abbott et CO.).

Honestly, at this point I can only see two ways out: an Ukrainian military victory (meaning Russia decide to stop supporting the rebels at some point), or a sedimentation of the conflict, leaving the DNR and LNR as empoverished statelets like Transdnistria.

Those would be the two best out of all the many bad ones, while still realistic, to me too.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »

Uhh, exactly what Putin's attempts to reach compromises?
Also Obama's USA is not directly involved(if it or the NATO had been giving direct military help, do you think the so called peoples republics would still exist?)

Its been all rhetorics so far. To a good part from both sides(I'm thinking Tony Abbott et CO.).

Those would be the two best out of all the many bad ones, while still realistic, to me too.
Minsk agreements? Of course it's not like anybody actually wants to actually carry these out, but still, with these agreements the war has become positional, instead of mobile.

Which arguably made it even worse.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2014, 04:31:10 pm »

With an economy threatening to default and an increasingly unstable political climate, Ukraine itself may end us as Transdnistria, or, more precisely, as another -stan. But hey, that means new shipment of Russian Brides and cheap immigrant labor for the Europe again, just like in the 90s!

@Erkki,

Putin wanted to reach another agreement, like the Minsk one, but Cameron and co. didn't want another agreement because, frankly, they couldn't care less about Ukraine, but they cared a lot about letting Putin win. They wanted him to yield like Yelstin did in Yugoslavia, but Vovochka has decided that he can handle the sanctions and refused to de-escalate conflict on any terms but his own. Hence the standoff.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2014, 04:36:35 pm »

But let's get back onto tracks: can anybody imagine the future of this conflict? Obama has so far refused all of Putin's attempts to reach a compromise at the G20

I predict that Russians will continue to blame Obama for their own aggression.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »

But let's get back onto tracks: can anybody imagine the future of this conflict? Obama has so far refused all of Putin's attempts to reach a compromise at the G20

I predict that Russians will continue to blame Obama for their own aggression.
I predict that arguing with you is useless, so I am not going to comment your posts any further.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62